blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:44:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5525 5526 5527 5528 [5529] 5530 5531 5532 5533 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444219 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82920 on: July 16, 2014, 10:19:27 PM »

If Tiger Woods wins this week it must go down as one of his greatest wins, maybe not shots won by but in terms of coming thru injury and winning a few weeks after looking very rusty. He's been away with his kids since then and practicing links golf for a week or so.

The Top US market has Tiger and Mickelson at the head of it and Mick is talking a good game but hasn't played too well this year tho he has got a little more consistent. It looks like a good market to bet in but the place terms are rubbish at 1/4 the first four. Given we are on Dufner in the outright and as he says he loves the course we might as well take a small win bet at 44 on BF in the top US market ( im guessing this doesn't disqualify us from getting 8 places in the Outright?)

maybe a fiver or tenner at 44?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #82921 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:01 PM »

If Tiger Woods wins this week it must go down as one of his greatest wins, maybe not shots won by but in terms of coming thru injury and winning a few weeks after looking very rusty. He's been away with his kids since then and practicing links golf for a week or so.

The Top US market has Tiger and Mickelson at the head of it and Mick is talking a good game but hasn't played too well this year tho he has got a little more consistent. It looks like a good market to bet in but the place terms are rubbish at 1/4 the first four. Given we are on Dufner in the outright and as he says he loves the course we might as well take a small win bet at 44 on BF in the top US market ( im guessing this doesn't disqualify us from getting 8 places in the Outright?)

edit.  ignore me, think it is OK, am too scared to do anyything myself!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:23:20 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82922 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »

great story!

Adz reply was 'are you sure you don't want to put that shit music on that they used to use on Our tune on Radio 1 in the 80's'

Think he's mellowed since his ban

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #82923 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »

Thanks to phil, doobs, Neil n Joe, Adz n everyone else who's taken the time to give those of us who don't know their golf as well a fun sweat this week
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82924 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

Hold this pls.  Just going to check the t and Cs

leave it if there is doubt, Tony has a fiver with me at 44.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82925 on: July 16, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »

Probably a silly question from a non golf watcher. Do the Pros spend many days ahead of The Open playing the course? & can the Golfing pundits/journos gain much info on how well they are doing in the practice rounds & how much is that useful info?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82926 on: July 16, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »

Probably a silly question from a non golf watcher. Do the Pros spend many days ahead of The Open playing the course? & can the Golfing pundits/journos gain much info on how well they are doing in the practice rounds & how much is that useful info?

It depends on how the approach the week before a Major really. some prefer to play in competition and then go str8 to the new venue. Some might plan ahead and play practice rounds there in weeks off in the months leading up to the event. Others might take the week before off and practice at the venue, I think I read Scott had been there last week, liked what he did and took some time off at the start of the week to just rest up a little which seems to be an approach that is becoming popular with some of the bigger players.

The journo's and TV guys get a good idea of how players are swinging or if they positive or negative about the course. Open qualifying is easy to attend too so even just going and watching can be a benefiit.

A few years ago my mate rang me all excited, lets say he is ' shrewd degenerate' and was full of beans coz he was watching Robert Karlsson almost in tears standing over the ball in Open qualifying and couldn't pull the trigger and actually hit the ball. When he did it went all over the place. Many match bets, lays in various markets, top 5 top 10 top Scandi, fin possie buys and spreads I got up  the next morning like a kid at Christmas only to find the wanker had done the decent thing and withdrawn, all the guy had to do was hit one shot!

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/jason-sobel/karlssons-yips-leave-future-unclear/

do we have any first round leader bets yet?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:07:33 PM by bobby1 » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82927 on: July 16, 2014, 10:39:35 PM »

Thanks to phil, doobs, Neil n Joe, Adz n everyone else who's taken the time to give those of us who don't know their golf as well a fun sweat this week

gl us Jeff.

I'm under instruction from the gaffer to lighten up and stop being a narky twat, think its good advice.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82928 on: July 16, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »

gl us Jeff.

I'm under instruction from the gaffer to lighten up and stop being a narky twat, think its good advice.

If the gaffer tells you to lighten up, I think that makes you the best boy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #82929 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »

This

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82930 on: July 16, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »

Hold this pls.  Just going to check the t and Cs

leave it if there is doubt, Tony has a fiver with me at 44.

Put this £5 at 44 down to me Tony if you want it.

cheers

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #82931 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »

gl us Jeff.

If the gaffer tells you to lighten up, I think that makes you the best boy.

I'm not sure what best boy means but given your posh upbringing does it mean I get to hold the biscuits?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82932 on: July 16, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »

The gaffer is the chief electrician on a film set. His assistant is the Best Boy.

And no, the best biscuits are kept under lock and key.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82933 on: July 16, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »

Amen to that, & them.

Not quite sure how to explain this, but 2 Elders kindly donated a total of £250 to Fred, too, to assist the sweat.

Anyway, we are all set fair for some Open fun.

Just had a nice winning session in PLO8 DYM's, too. 4 hours, 31 games, cleared over £29. Beast mode engaged. £29!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #82934 on: July 17, 2014, 12:10:22 AM »

How did Fred manage to get 30p on Spieth?

Or did I misread that?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 5525 5526 5527 5528 [5529] 5530 5531 5532 5533 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: