blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5833 5834 5835 5836 [5837] 5838 5839 5840 5841 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13407341 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #87540 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »

Not like i have ever or do ever spend a lot of time helping/suggesting stuff for fred and have done since pretty much day one

If all i did was post pictures of Steve Bruce at weddings then fair enough
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87541 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »

Cheesy

You been at the WKDs Jaffa?
Not at all mate, just spent a lot of time getting exact facts for that OP, when I basically knew them as a Newcastle fan and had had my own personal bet already on the back of them. Knew that writing generic stuff like "these guys don't score many goals" isn't enough for the great and good of TfT so spent half an hour collating facts to make a proper post, that was blanked by the clique, when my man scores twice to become top scorer it was ignored and the repost was ignored too. I'll spend me half hour looking at pictures of Steve Bruce at weddings in future

sorry Jeff

I didnt remember any discussion about the first post, sometimes bets are missed simple as that, sometimes people don't have an opinion to give

we love your bets, same as anyone else's (with the exception of Tal's)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #87542 on: September 22, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »

ty tighty will give me an interest
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #87543 on: September 22, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »

Whoaaaa there Horsey......(see what I did there?)

Jeff is a top guy, but he does have a rather tough time of it once a month.

He should really take Primrose Tablets.

It certainly ain't personal.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #87544 on: September 22, 2014, 08:50:30 PM »

Cheesy

You been at the WKDs Jaffa?
Not at all mate, just spent a lot of time getting exact facts for that OP, when I basically knew them as a Newcastle fan and had had my own personal bet already on the back of them. Knew that writing generic stuff like "these guys don't score many goals" isn't enough for the great and good of TfT so spent half an hour collating facts to make a proper post, that was blanked by the clique, when my man scores twice to become top scorer it was ignored and the repost was ignored too. I'll spend me half hour looking at pictures of Steve Bruce at weddings in future

C'mon mate, toughen up
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #87545 on: September 22, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »

I'd take issue, but I'm too busy shouting at the TV. The Uni Challenge/Only Connect double bill.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #87546 on: September 22, 2014, 09:00:01 PM »

150-100 was a pretty shocking effort by both teams on UC.  Thought Cambridge types were supposed to know it all?  Nice to see US sports and geography combined making a debut on the show.  For the first time in the show's history i managed to get all 4 questions right in a mini section.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:04:35 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #87547 on: September 22, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »

150-100 was a pretty shocking effort by both teams on UC.  Thought Cambridge types were supposed to know it all?

Trinity students are a curious breed. Can't compare them to normal Cambridge students. At least they didn't wear their gowns. Roll Eyes

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #87548 on: September 22, 2014, 09:06:05 PM »

Too many melts ITT Wink

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #87549 on: September 22, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

150-100 was a pretty shocking effort by both teams on UC.  Thought Cambridge types were supposed to know it all?

Trinity students are a curious breed. Can't compare them to normal Cambridge students. At least they didn't wear their gowns. Roll Eyes

The gowns were rather odd i must admit. 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #87550 on: September 22, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »

The gowns were rather odd i must admit. 

If you're going to wear academic gowns, you should at least have suits on and red wine stained lips.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #87551 on: September 22, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »

Question for Tal.  How would you price up UC pre event assuming all the major uni's were present as usual?  Who would be fav?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #87552 on: September 22, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »

Question for Tal.  How would you price up UC pre event assuming all the major uni's were present as usual?  Who would be fav?

Difficult one, as you get four (well, technically five) new faces each year. Plus the Oxbridge colleges aren't guaranteed a place: they are only allowed to send a small number of colleges through. At Cambridge, it was decided by a college quiz league, and I assume it is similar at the lesser place.

Manchester should be reasonably good every year. It has 40,000 students to choose from. Pembroke Cambridge for example by comparison has about 650.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #87553 on: September 22, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »

On another note anyone think that the Eagles coming back in all of these games might be down to superior fitness due to Kellys high tempo system?  Might be interesting 2nd half plays if that is the case.

part of this is the running game isn't functioning too well, the O Line is beat up. Defense isn't stopping teams either

they are getting behind, then having to air it out to recover

this means Foles is putting up big numbers, but also leading to lots of second half points

of course it helps if you have Maclin, Cooper, Ertz, Sprioles, McCoy and now Matthews. Defense can't cover them all, particularly when the Eagles are trying to get through 90 offensive snaps a game, and its late and they are getting tired

Nate and Carlson were discussing last night on 4.
Carlson said that the Eagles have a totally different conditioning system in place compared to NFL and tailored to how they play.

Still wouldn't like my team to be spending so long defending throughout the season, but they doing alright so far.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #87554 on: September 22, 2014, 09:39:41 PM »

And any nfl bets for tonight Tighty for the late night workers?

cheers

Jets number 1 run offense and run defense in football through 2 weeks

in particular run defense and scheme is brutal (Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson). Tough to see Chicago doing much through the ground

Jets will have to blitz a lot to knock Cutler out of stride because they do not match up well in the secondary and Marshall/Jeffrey should have big nights otherwise

the Jets are first running the ball, averaging 179 rushing yards per game.  They have great success running the ball right up the middle behind Mangold. Bears are lightwight on the defensive front, Stephen Paea pass rushes but doesn't stop the run well

the Jets running game splits Chris Ivory and Chris Johnson. Ivory is the better back. He's made 15 defenders miss in two games, Johnson only 2

Ivory week 1 100+ yds vs Oakland 10 carries, wk 2 40+ vs Green Bay 13 carries

Johnson 68 on 13 carries, 21 on 12 carries in the two games

Ivory should go over quotes around 60 yards http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/chicago-bears-at-new-york-jets/total-rushing-yds-chris-ivory

He's also 9-1 first TD but here you do have the risk that the Bears can go high octane and score out of the blocks

I like this, Bears have been ridic bad at defending the run and giving up a lot of yards/points. Bears got lots of defensive injuries too.
Forte got absolutely nowhere last week running it.
Pages: 1 ... 5833 5834 5835 5836 [5837] 5838 5839 5840 5841 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: