blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6535 6536 6537 6538 [6539] 6540 6541 6542 6543 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13610057 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #98070 on: March 30, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »

I, being the ice cream that I am, have found a site offering odds of 10/3, for England to win their remaining 5 group E games. The fixtures are as follows:-

Slovenia (a)
San Marino (a)
Switzerland (h)
Estonia (h)
Lithuania (a)

The obvious difficult match is the next, Slovenia away, but if this can be negotiated I feel the next 4 are pretty much plain sailing. I'd imagine the San Marino, Estonia and Lithuania games would all have England as big odds on, and the other too as maybe 4/7, 8/15 region?

Could somebody please show me the error of my ways, and tell me this is an ice cream bet.

Cheers.

tell us what odds you think they are to win the individual games

then work it out as a five fold multiple

my guess was

Slovenia (a) 8/11
San Marino (a) 1/10
Switzerland (h) 4/6
Estonia (h) 1/4
Lithuania (a) 1/2

any of those estimates might be wrong

that is an 11/2 multiple, though

but put your prices in and work from there

(or tell me and i will work it out)

cant imagine they will be less then 1/50 against san marino. They never draw 1 in 11 games?

Estonia are of similar quality to lithuania so think its more likely 1/7. Cant imagine youll get anywhere near 1/2 against lithuania. Think they are all a bit shorter.
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98071 on: March 30, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »

Janowicz was given a lesson, 3/4 the aim now.

Lay Low Back High
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #98072 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »

Langer 33/1. Not sure who you oppose Stenson with if you are wanting a bet in this,Kaymer such a straight hitter but not totally suited to Augusta.

miguel has played 9 of the last 10 and finished ahead of langer on eight occasions and ahead of sergio on 6 occasions.

Form a bit patchy and hasn't played any main tour events for a few weeks so not sure if he's a great ew bet, maybe take the view that he wins the bet 10% places 10%, plays poorly the rest, so more EV on a win bet.  Also don't like betting so early when only one firm is offering odds (120% book).  For Miguel I'd wait till a little closer the time when Betfair or one of the win only books might put up a better price.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #98073 on: March 30, 2015, 08:49:16 PM »

Anyone know why 888 is not on oddschecker any more?

They are still on oddschecker. If you are viewing on a mobile device then not all the bookmakers are shown.

Thanks. Bloody hate odds checker mobile
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98074 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »

He was the other one I liked, can't really have any of the others.

Sportingbet. Andy Murray 4/1 1/4odds e/w. He was 3/1 1/3odds but the prices are down.  His path to final looks as easy as you would like,full of his usual  whipping boys.  Can't get on  with this lot as considered a top up.  Yo never know Djokovic may have a bad week and the 4/1 win part will look huge otherwise he will be around 3/1 in final.

Over to you guys if you want it,won't last more than an hour.

Lay Low Back High
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98075 on: March 30, 2015, 08:56:19 PM »

Meaning Big Mig was the other player worth considering.

Lay Low Back High
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #98076 on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:08 PM »

Morning Mr T's.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday as the tennis was particularly lucrative, although I did get Tomiced yet again later in the day!

I think we  can have a dabble at getting Nishikori beaten today. He leads Troicki 2-1 in the h to h but Troicki did win their only meeting on a hard court. Nishikori's last 2 games have been a bad loss to Lopez and then a facile win over an abject Youhzny. When you go against Nishikori you know you will get chances to break, as his serve is the weakest part of his game. I would back Troicki at 4-1 but we can get 5's at betvictor.

Suggest £10 Troicki @ 5-1 with victor.

Has arbboy eloped with Larrry?

Elope during Atp/Wta Miami,I don't think so.

Good luck with your bet, I don't think it matters much if Nishikori serves below 40% as Troicki doesn't have a prayer of beating Nishikori from the back of the court unless he just can't be arsed.  You probably will get a run for your money as Kei likes to put himself in holes before deciding to play.  I was going to advise 2-1 Nishikori but you beat me to it   Wink

Suarez navarro not being the fav v Radwanska is puzzling.

I have 4 for a Lucky 15

Janowicz 6/4
Suarez navarro 13/10
Petkovic  9/5
Venus Williams 4/5 (Nap) All 4 lose I will never post again which would bring great delight to many.

It this is no good single on Suarez navarro 13/10,courts look perfect and Radwanska couldn't hit her way out of a paper bag.

I don't want to start an argument Larry, but where on earth have you come from?

You started posting a month ago, you've got into already arguments with 2 or 3 posters here and generally acted like you've been here years.

And you called me "Mr Hawkins" when we've had virtually no interaction before. How did you know my name?

To be honest I found it a little unsettling.

Most people when they arrive on a new messageboard/forum take some time to settle in and start to interact slowly.

You however have dived in headfirst, picked fights with respected regulars on here and less than a month after your first post you say "(if) All 4 lose I will never post again which would bring great delight to many."

You are a pretty strange cat Larry. A bit of background information would be interesting and might mean we can begin to understand you and get to know you better.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:22:54 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #98077 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:53 PM »

When I say "most people" I actually mean virtually everyone on every message board I've ever been a member of.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone behave like you have this month.

Threatening to give up posting after you've just started?

Pretty peculiar.

Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98078 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »

Ha ha.  I don't see any point taking time to settle in, life is too short.  Don't feel  unsettled,google is a useful tool to find out who is who. I don't know you so don't panic.  Just came on here to read up on poker related things,and I have said before,what a great forum for poker knowledge.  I have been left behind so learning as much as possible, like having free coaching.

I am cutting down on heated discussions as long as I don't get accused of being past members.

Lay Low Back High
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98079 on: March 30, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »

When I say "most people" I actually mean virtually everyone on every message board I've ever been a member of.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone behave like you have this month.

Threatening to give up posting after you've just started?

Pretty peculiar.

Not really, I wasn't  intending to post in here at all, but I did. Rubbed a few people up the wrong way so probably knock it on the head all together.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:43:34 PM by Larry David » Logged

Lay Low Back High
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #98080 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »

Ha ha.  I don't see any point taking time to settle in, life is too short.  Don't feel  unsettled,google is a useful tool to find out who is who. I don't know you so don't panic.  Just came on here to read up on poker related things,and I have said before,what a great forum for poker knowledge.  I have been left behind so learning as much as possible, like having free coaching.

I am cutting down on heated discussions as long as I don't get accused of being past members.

If you don't mind me asking..

What is your name? (I think I know the name of pretty much every regular poster on here - except you)

What is your punting/gambling background?

Where do you play poker?

What do you do for a living?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #98081 on: March 30, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »

As I say, I'm not meaning to be confrontational in any way.

In a lot of ways TFT is like a little family. New people do join, but it's kind of little by little. You have to earn your stripes.

You have jumped and pretty much said "look at me!" and demanded respect immediately.

Respect is earnt not given away freely.

No one had any idea who hector was when he first posted on this thread. Now he is the most respected tipster here.

When you challenge us by saying  "All 4 lose I will never post again which would bring great delight to many."

Well, you can imagine the response of many regs.

Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98082 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »

My name is Larry, I am renting a house in Cheshire at the moment but no idea for how long.

It has no benefit to myself putting my real name, can't really say much but I have an ongoing legal battle going on to do with a property abroad,long story but putting up my name is irrelevant right now,big brother is always watching. I have already discussed my punting background and been accused of being a scammer of some sort or a general betting amateur.

Poker background minimal but played a few of the grosvenor/gala tournaments years ago.

I stay up crazy hours and sleep at all sorts of strange times built around the sporting calendar,pretty much the same for three years now.

Lay Low Back High
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98083 on: March 30, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

As I say, I'm not meaning to be confrontational in any way.

In a lot of ways TFT is like a little family. New people do join, but it's kind of little by little. You have to earn your stripes.

You have jumped and pretty much said "look at me!" and demanded respect immediately.

Respect is earnt not given away freely.

No one had any idea who hector was when he first posted on this thread. Now he is the most respected tipster here.

When you challenge us by saying  "All 4 lose I will never post again which would bring great delight to many."

Well, you can imagine the response of many regs.

That is fair enough. Don't mean to come across as 'look at me'. I may challenge tips put up just because of the way I am,we all have faults. If I see a tip and I feel I have more knowledge I will speak out,just comes across the wrong way.

Lay Low Back High
Larry David

View Profile
« Reply #98084 on: March 30, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »

Hungry now,have a good evening.

Lay Low Back High
Pages: 1 ... 6535 6536 6537 6538 [6539] 6540 6541 6542 6543 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: