blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273376 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5530 5531 5532 5533 [5534] 5535 5536 5537 5538 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13630120 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82995 on: July 17, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »

by the way, i will do a report on the open at the end of each round, where we are on the bets etc, at the close of each day

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82996 on: July 17, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »

Sigh - I'll stop putting the kiss of death on it.

Stop it, you two.

Try this, never fails.

I fancy India to lose 3 quick wickets now.
amateurish attempt tony

I fancy England to skittle India out for under 300

300?

I'd double our bet on India if they could eke out 300.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82997 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »

by the way, i will do a report on the open at the end of each round, where we are on the bets etc, at the close of each day

Thanks Rich, it's a job to know who to follow at the moment.

Great comeback by Tiger, Stenson was all over the shop, but Els & his 3 putts from 8 inches was hard to believe. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82998 on: July 17, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

Sigh - I'll stop putting the kiss of death on it.

Stop it, you two.

Try this, never fails.

I fancy India to lose 3 quick wickets now.
amateurish attempt tony

I fancy England to skittle India out for under 300

300?

I'd double our bet on India if they could eke out 300.
well I don't like doing things by half measures

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82999 on: July 17, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »

Can you give me 43 lottery numbers for Saturday, please? This is impressive stuff.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #83000 on: July 17, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »

FFS.......

This appeared on You Tube, followed by a sarcy comment from Stan James.

A chap wrote into the Studio, too, to say "does he REALLY not know that the Nike logo is a swoosh?"......

It appears on You Tube as....

"Betting Guy Hasn't a Clue About Nike"

Must be said, the reactions of my colleagues was awesome. Think that's called "dying".

Hero
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83001 on: July 17, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

I personally think Newcastle are much better value at 6/4 (we're 4/6 on bf) than hammers at 5/2. First time in years where we've actually boosted our squad in summer, at least 6 new players and only 1 going the other way upto now. Obviously just my opinion

Good spot Todd.  I was actually looking at this myself this morning.  4/6 on bf is misleading as the market is not at all 'tight' and has little liquidity.  However several firms have shortened Newcastle this morning on oddschecker and some cash has been matched on bf at prices much lower than 6/4.  Couldn't put fred off adding to the top 10 portfolio with this solid looking banker.

The other ante post bet i was looking at on the EPL this morning was Bald's 8/13 on Arsenal for top 4 which looks very big following the transfer business.  People are asking for under 8/15 on bf.  Would recommend a bet of £40/£65 is struck with the bald one.

No love for this ? Just got 13/8, seems really good value to me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83002 on: July 17, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »

I personally think Newcastle are much better value at 6/4 (we're 4/6 on bf) than hammers at 5/2. First time in years where we've actually boosted our squad in summer, at least 6 new players and only 1 going the other way upto now. Obviously just my opinion

Good spot Todd.  I was actually looking at this myself this morning.  4/6 on bf is misleading as the market is not at all 'tight' and has little liquidity.  However several firms have shortened Newcastle this morning on oddschecker and some cash has been matched on bf at prices much lower than 6/4.  Couldn't put fred off adding to the top 10 portfolio with this solid looking banker.

The other ante post bet i was looking at on the EPL this morning was Bald's 8/13 on Arsenal for top 4 which looks very big following the transfer business.  People are asking for under 8/15 on bf.  Would recommend a bet of £40/£65 is struck with the bald one.

No love for this ? Just got 13/8, seems really good value to me

I'll remind the football lads, Todd, everyone has been majoring on the golf the last few days.

I'm not a football chap, but I'd have thought Newcastle would have been heading south this season, every time I read Newcastle fan threads they are all telling each other what a complete "clown" Mr Pardew is. To be fair, I don't buy that, not at all, but I'll be pleasantly if they have a Top 10 season.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #83003 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »

When I saw positive Newcastle bets being suggested, I presumed that Pardew had been sacked while I was in Vegas...

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #83004 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »

German GP this weekend, here are my recommendations:

Race Winner: Nico Rosberg @ 2/1 with Sky Bet/Totesport/Betfred - The usual price for Rosberg to win a race this season is 15/8, the bookies are aware that Lewis Hamilton is the (slightly) quicker driver. Pushing it up to 2/1 for this race is silly though. Hamilton did win the last race and they're probably thinking he has momentum behind him now. However, this is Nico's home race, the price should have gone down if anything, not up. Definitely worth betting on.

Top 6 Finish: Sergio Perez @ 3/1 - £1 with Stan Shames and Bwin - I have to be careful what I say about this for contractual reasons (I work for Williams if you did not know), but I'll direct you here (http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/22058/9377842/fric--decoding-f18217-s-latest-controversy) to this question: "What chance of a unanimous vote?". Bookies have not factored this in, worth a bet. The bet is NOT a sure thing, but the situation will help some teams more than others ..

That's all for now, might put some more up as the weekend progresses.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83005 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »

Race Winner: Nico Rosberg @ 2/1 with Sky Bet/Totesport/Betfred - The usual price for Rosberg to win a race this season is 15/8, the bookies are aware that Lewis Hamilton is the (slightly) quicker driver. Pushing it up to 2/1 for this race is silly though. Hamilton did win the last race and they're probably thinking he has momentum behind him now. However, this is Nico's home race, the price should have gone down if anything, not up. Definitely worth betting on.

Top 6 Finish: Sergio Perez @ 3/1 - £1 with Stan Shames and Bwin - I have to be careful what I say about this for contractual reasons (I work for Williams if you did not know), but I'll direct you here (http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/22058/9377842/fric--decoding-f18217-s-latest-controversy) to this question: "What chance of a unanimous vote?". Bookies have not factored this in, worth a bet. The bet is NOT a sure thing, but the situation will help some teams more than others ..

Wouldn't the correct thing to do to oppose both Mercedes?   

They are priced as if a Mercedes victory is a near certainty, and we know something that can seriously affect them that we think isn't in the prices.  So we either lay the Mercedes drivers or back those most likely to benefit?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83006 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »

They are priced as if a Mercedes victory is a near certainty, and we know something that can seriously affect them that we think isn't in the prices.  So we either lay the Mercedes drivers or back those most likely to benefit?   

Bottas 25/1, Massa 33/1, Hulkenberg 125/1, the last one e/w sounds good?  It is what I have done, because I am a bit wary of Perez.

Imagine the Red Bull has a top notch system and Williams not so good.  All the above still have Mercedes power though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #83007 on: July 17, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »

They are priced as if a Mercedes victory is a near certainty, and we know something that can seriously affect them that we think isn't in the prices.  So we either lay the Mercedes drivers or back those most likely to benefit?  

Mercedes' margin over the field is so big that even if the loss of FRIC did massively effect them, they would still quite easily win the race.

They are priced as if a Mercedes victory is a near certainty, and we know something that can seriously affect them that we think isn't in the prices.  So we either lay the Mercedes drivers or back those most likely to benefit?  

Bottas 25/1, Massa 33/1, Hulkenberg 125/1, the last one e/w sounds good?  It is what I have done, because I am a bit wary of Perez.

Imagine the Red Bull has a top notch system and Williams not so good.  All the above still have Mercedes power though.

You could tip those three for a podium (I do have money on Massa for a podium), but they won't win the race unless Mercedes are unreliable. Again, Mercedes margin is far too huge.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:24:27 PM by Peter-27 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83008 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »

Isn't Hulkenberg or Perez to podium a better bet?

the rest of the field is slowed to some extent or another without FRIC, Force India is not too far off the pace of the field ex Mercedes anyway and can always go to one stop strategies if no FRIC doesn't make too much difference?

and we can get 16-1/25-1 whichever you pick?

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/german-grand-prix/podium-finish

a touch more bang for your buck than a £1 at 3-1 top six...?

--

even though the Mercs should still win, why is it 4/7 2/1 when they will be disproportionately affected by the mid season rule change?

surely neither are any value whatsoever, priced off a set of  rules that no longer exist, they've changed 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #83009 on: July 17, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »

The money's starting to come in for Watford - 12/1 from 18/1 (outright) and 4/1 from 13/2 for promotion with B365   ....    still some 14 & 16/1 about - as low as 10/1 with Corals.

I think they've finally cottoned on to the recent signings,
Pages: 1 ... 5530 5531 5532 5533 [5534] 5535 5536 5537 5538 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: