blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5613 5614 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 5620 5621 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13406627 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84240 on: July 31, 2014, 12:06:20 AM »

Any views on the preseason games, btw? Need the Elders back and on their game.

Bills +2 at 10/11? Come on!

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84241 on: July 31, 2014, 12:08:30 AM »

http://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football-domestic/premier-league/mm4.uk.meeting.4719890/premier-league-points-2014-2015

Normally one of the best guides for the season.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #84242 on: July 31, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »

From the Express:

SHOCK WEATHER FORECAST: Hottest August in 300 YEARS on way as jet stream BOILS Britain

BRITAIN will roast in the hottest August EVER with temperatures set to hit an unbearable 100F within weeks.

Back the truck up Chompy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #84243 on: July 31, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »

From the Express:

SHOCK WEATHER FORECAST: Hottest August in 300 YEARS on way as jet stream BOILS Britain

BRITAIN will roast in the hottest August EVER with temperatures set to hit an unbearable 100F within weeks.

Back the truck up Chompy

I saw something about an August heatwave when I opened my browser earlier, but didn't click to read the article...

Gonna be pretty annoying if it gets as hot as Vegas over here!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #84244 on: July 31, 2014, 01:11:49 AM »

Phew what a scorcher!

Hillies' prices are back to where they were before we flicked in a July max.

8/13 July, 13/8 August.

We can always bale out now by backing August at 13/8?

That sayed, MetOffice go with...

"UK Outlook for Monday 4 Aug 2014 to Wednesday 13 Aug 2014:

Many areas probably starting off fine and generally dry on Monday. However, cloud and rain, possibly heavy at times, will gradually spread from the west through the latter part of Monday, through probably not reaching eastern regions until later on Tuesday. The unsettled theme is likely to continue until the end of the period, although there may be more in the way of drier and brighter conditions developing across the south and east later. Temperatures generally near normal, but often warm towards the south and east. Winds generally light to moderate for most, but perhaps locally strong in the northwest, with a risk of gales in some exposed western parts into the second half of next week."

Long-term weather forecasts can usually be ignored according to one of my golf buddies, who flies a plane. He says the MetOffice are clowns.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84245 on: July 31, 2014, 02:21:19 AM »

From the Express:

Back the truck up Chompy

How have you lived so long without ever reading the Express before? 

Absolutely sick that we are in the middle of the warmest summer EVER so soon after the LONGEST winter in history

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/469361/Long-range-summer-weather-forecast-for-UK-predicts-100-days-of-sun-and-record-temperatures

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/444385/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-warns-snow-storms-and-Arctic-winds-could-last-SIX-months

Amazing how you can make a career by literally just making up weather forecasts.

Top research chomps

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84246 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:02 AM »

Have we used the baldie free darts bet yet?

Keegan bradley top price 25/1 with them to win the wgc invitational at firestone. His form has been mixed this year but won it two years ago and second last year.  C&D Ftw!!

Seems about the right price for a free bet and as i said they are top price. Same price as betfair.

free bet

£20.00 Single
Market   Selection   Price   Hcp
WGC Bridgestone Invitational
Tournament Outright
   Bradley, Keegan    25/1    
Total stake   £ 20.00
Estimated return   £ 500.00
Full stake   £ 20.00
Full estimated return   £ 500.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84247 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:44 AM »

Looks like a few bookies have bets up for the new NFL season.

Tighty, put down those precipitation charts and the map of village stadia. We have season long sweats to prep!

The shouty red man has divisional finishing positions, but I'm contemplating a season-long points bet for £3.65. Have a team in mind but need to some more research (you'll probably guess which team!)

go ahead

NFL pre-season starts this weekend, four weeks to the regular season

ante-post portfolio time

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84248 on: July 31, 2014, 08:04:58 AM »

Championship Elders, Derby are 11/4 with Mr Parr to get promoted. They look set to get Tom Carroll on loan. What difference is he likely to make? He's a player spurs have spoken highly of for some time and the second loan spell (having been at QPR last year) is an indication of the club believing game time will help him improve.

I didn't see much of him last year. Is he going to fill a gap for Derby? How much better does he make the side?

Is backing the front of the market in the championship a completely ridiculous idea?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84249 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:26 AM »

Proper town favourites for the Southern Premier.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/southern-premier/southern-premier-league/winner

Thoughts Tighty? They flicked in bundles?

Rubbish2407, you have PM sir...

St Neots Town 3-1 favourites, 9-1 bar

They are definitely well funded with superb facilities

They have also recruited the peripatetic pairing of Drew Roberts and Chris Dillon, who between them scored 45 goals for Arlesey Town two years ago and 57 goals last season for Chesham United (who finished runners up) and are now managed by the Abbey brothers who were in charge of Arlesey when they were the division moneybags

Back in the day when I was involved in a club in the division we had this pair. A bigger pair of non-league egos you could not find, but at this level absolute dynamite

Anyway, in his wisdom the chairman had them on x per week and £20 a goal bonus. I think it took them over 7 minutes once to decide which was taking a penalty in a game, and they decided if one of them scored a penalty they'd split the bonus from that point on, all season. This was decided while the ref was watching and imploring them to get on with it

He booked them both, which was a £20 league fine each.

I digress

So St Neots. Should be good for the top 5 minimum but 3-1 is too short to get involved. Won't know (the division stretches from Truro at one extreme to Poole in the south across to Cambridge) until the end of pre-season who has the funds to dominate the division apart from St Neots. Normally someone has a Conference budget in this division

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84250 on: July 31, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »

Is backing the front of the market in the championship a completely ridiculous idea?

generally

its 7-1 the field and 15 teams less than 20-1!

competitive

Would be surprised to see Derby out of the top 6, players like Bryson, Chris Martin, Hughes etc are flourishing under McLaren

George Thorne's injury is a blow though

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84251 on: July 31, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »

Next person who writes "flicking it in" gets a slap round the chops, & by way of punishment, will be obliged to read Tom's Dreary Diary for an entire week.

A poker playing acquaintance of mine, arse hanging out of his trousers, not got 2 pennies to rub together, can only play when staked, insists on saying it when contemplating buying in to £1,000 events. Flicking it in, my arse.

Ridic expression. Presumably, some adolescent read it on 2+2 & thought it sounded cool.

It's nearly as irksome as "a cheeky bet". WTF is that supposed to mean?

And yesterday, I read in Commonwealth Games chit-chat, "I totally have a date with an athlete". Totally?

It'll be on here soon, mark my words. Sheep ftw.

I think my head might just explode if I see any of that nonsense on here again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:24:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84252 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »

However.....

peripatetic

Now we are cooking. Proper wordy writing that. Chomps won't even know what it means. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84253 on: July 31, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »

However.....

peripatetic

Now we are cooking. Proper wordy writing that. Chomps won't even know what it means. 

Means it tastes like a Nando's ldo

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84254 on: July 31, 2014, 08:31:55 AM »

Daily Report

Profit on Month £511.46

Outstanding Bets £3149.91

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=27

So, we totally like lost money yesterday. £57. Couple of days of flicking it in, good for the soul innit bruv?

Here were the winners yesterday blud

Highland Reel +£28 at Goodwood, to become the favourite for the 2000 Guineas and the Derby

Click to see full-size image.

Tupi in the same race each way +£5

And da Losers

Lieutenant Miller unplaced -£15
Maid in Rio did not stay, and then some -£25
Ahlan Emerati -£20

Nishikori beat Querrey -£20

Johnson beat Isner -£10

Highlight at Goodwood, Kingman, where the other three jockeys walked the horses through 6f and decided to take on a horse with blistering acceleration over a 2f dash. Fail

Quite the triumvirate

ongoing positions

- England have played well, senior players performing for the first time in the series, India have been below par. Loser coming

- Pujara out cheaply. A very frustrating bet indeed so far. very good catch to get him this time

- Gasquet beat Sela in Washington to advance to place Smyczek

- The Baltimore Orioles beat the Angels 4-3, the Royals beat the Twins 3-2 and the Yankees lost 3-2. Totally the trifecta of good results

top of the AL East

Baltimore   60   46   .566   -   
Toronto   59   50   .541   2.5 games behind   
NY Yankees 55   52     .514   5.5 games behind

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 5613 5614 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 5620 5621 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: