blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 5867 5868 [5869] 5870 5871 5872 5873 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13432273 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #88020 on: October 02, 2014, 10:38:13 AM »

I know you are loving the NFL Tony but can you imagine any other sport in the world that has different rules in only one stadium in the game than it has for all the other teams?

Earlier this week  an NFL player slid to his knees after scoring a TD to say a small prayer and was then given a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for 'excessive celebration'. In tonight's game, at the only ground in the game where you can celebrate a TD by jumping into the crowd and delaying the game without getting a penalty, players will simply hang around until all that celebrating has finished because it's known as the 'Lambeau leap'

This was the celebration that brought the penalty this week for excessive celebration.(was announced afterwards that it was an incorrect penalty tbf but its an example of how strict some of the rules can be)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88LuwyuUwZk

Yet this has been going on after most TD's for years in Green Bay and is never ever flagged as a penalty for excessive celebration or delay of game either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ruqlyhWXc

Could you imagine the furore if the FA announced that a football rule that covers all football teams didn't count at Old Trafford?

Will you get a chance to watch the game tonight, if so keep an eye out for a Lambeau leap.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88021 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »

I wondered what that was all about when I was watching it, and couldn't work out what he had done that was so bad.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #88022 on: October 02, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »

It threatened to get into a messy spot Mark as 'going to ground' sliding on your knees is a penalty for excessive celebration(apparently that's worse than jumping into the crowd free of charge at Lambeau Field) ;o) but a religious celebration such as crossing yourself or pointing to the Sky as a sign of thanks or in memory is not a flag. The Kansas player is a Muslim so his kneel down and silent prayer is basically the same as crossing yourself or simply holding your hands together in a praying motion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-admits-mistake-in-penalizing-husain-abdullah-for-religious-celebration-143054011.html

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #88023 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

Could you imagine the furore if the FA announced that a football rule that covers all football teams didn't count at Old Trafford?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #88024 on: October 02, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

I set it up and you knocked it into the back of the net ;o)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88025 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »

I know you are loving the NFL Tony but can you imagine any other sport in the world that has different rules in only one stadium in the game than it has for all the other teams?

Earlier this week  an NFL player slid to his knees after scoring a TD to say a small prayer and was then given a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for 'excessive celebration'. In tonight's game, at the only ground in the game where you can celebrate a TD by jumping into the crowd and delaying the game without getting a penalty, players will simply hang around until all that celebrating has finished because it's known as the 'Lambeau leap'

This was the celebration that brought the penalty this week for excessive celebration.(was announced afterwards that it was an incorrect penalty tbf but its an example of how strict some of the rules can be)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88LuwyuUwZk

Yet this has been going on after most TD's for years in Green Bay and is never ever flagged as a penalty for excessive celebration or delay of game either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ruqlyhWXc

Will you get a chance to watch the game tonight, if so keep an eye out for a Lambeau leap.

Amazing story Phil, thanks.

I believe Golf has many courses which have "local rules" peculiar to only them.

I'm pretty certain that in Cricket, Kent's old ground used to have a great big tree within the boundaries, & special rules applied to that tree. Tighty will probably tell us the species of tree, & it's age.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:02:11 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88026 on: October 02, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »

It was a lime tree, 120ft high and the St Lawrence ground at Canterbury was built around the tree in 1847

Any shot that hit tree counted four

Only four cricketers cleared the tree before it came down in high winds in 2005

Only a 7ft stump remained

A new tree was planted, and it was moved to within the current ground's boundaries and is currently 7ft high

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88027 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »

Well, you did ask.

When will you learn?!

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88028 on: October 02, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »

It was a lime tree, 120ft high and the St Lawrence ground at Canterbury was built around the tree in 1847

Any shot that hit tree counted four

Only four cricketers cleared the tree before it came down in high winds in 2005

Only a 7ft stump remained

A new tree was planted, and it was moved to within the current ground's boundaries and is currently 7ft high

Lol, fancy you knowing that.

I defer to Mr Quayle.....

I set it up and you knocked it into the back of the net ;o)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88029 on: October 02, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »

It threatened to get into a messy spot Mark as 'going to ground' sliding on your knees is a penalty for excessive celebration(apparently that's worse than jumping into the crowd free of charge at Lambeau Field) ;o) but a religious celebration such as crossing yourself or pointing to the Sky as a sign of thanks or in memory is not a flag. The Kansas player is a Muslim so his kneel down and silent prayer is basically the same as crossing yourself or simply holding your hands together in a praying motion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-admits-mistake-in-penalizing-husain-abdullah-for-religious-celebration-143054011.html

All the teams should start leaping into the crowd when they score, and see what happens.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #88030 on: October 02, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »

All the teams should start leaping into the crowd when they score, and see what happens.

It would be interesting wouldn't it, as it stands its a penalty in every ground except Green Bay

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88031 on: October 02, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »

they can't do that, they'll get flagged and lose yards, leading to a greater possibility of the other team scoring

The Lambeau leap is an anachronism (as indeed are the Green Bay Packers themselves, fan owned, uncommercial) but the outcry if they changed it would be something no commissioner would want to take on

there is even a lambeau leap sculpture.

"The sculpture pays tribute to the post-touchdown celebration of a player jumping into the stands behind the end zone.

Former Packers safety LeRoy Butler is credited with starting the ritual on Dec. 26, 1993, when he jumped into the crowd after scoring a late touchdown in Green Bay's 28-0 win over the Los Angeles Raiders."

Click to see full-size image.

the issue here is the excessive celebration penalty rules the league has, which are daft.

if players want to do a triple back flip over the cross bar while eating popcorn and taking a selfie let them, its an entertainment industry
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:16:50 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #88032 on: October 02, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »

My favourite is Joe Horn of the New Orleans Saints.

He scored a touchdown, ran over to the goalpost, produced a mobile 'phone from the padding and then proceeded to call (I assume his wife? Bet Tighty knows who he called Cheesy ).

The league fined him, of course.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88033 on: October 02, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »

My favourite is Joe Horn of the New Orleans Saints.

He scored a touchdown, ran over to the goalpost, produced a mobile 'phone from the padding and then proceeded to call (I assume his wife? Bet Tighty knows who he called Cheesy ).

The league fined him, of course.

Tighty will even know the number he called.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88034 on: October 02, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »

It would be interesting wouldn't it, as it stands its a penalty in every ground except Green Bay

Definitely would be.

they can't do that, they'll get flagged and lose yards, leading to a greater possibility of the other team scoring

The Lambeau leap is an anachronism (as indeed are the Green Bay Packers themselves, fan owned, uncommercial) but the outcry if they changed it would be something no commissioner would want to take on

there is even a lambeau leap sculpture.

"The sculpture pays tribute to the post-touchdown celebration of a player jumping into the stands behind the end zone.

Former Packers safety LeRoy Butler is credited with starting the ritual on Dec. 26, 1993, when he jumped into the crowd after scoring a late touchdown in Green Bay's 28-0 win over the Los Angeles Raiders."

the issue here is the excessive celebration penalty rules the league has, which are daft.

if players want to do a triple back flip over the cross bar while eating popcorn and taking a selfie let them, its an entertainment industry

Was an off the cuff remark, I knew what would happen Cheesy

I agree, they should just let them crack on. It's not like the NFL is bowls down at the local green.

Pages: 1 ... 5865 5866 5867 5868 [5869] 5870 5871 5872 5873 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: