blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6179 6180 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 6186 6187 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13435820 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #92730 on: December 22, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »

The in-play bet is on, but the buggers restricted me to £20, lol.

£20 @ 5/1, Draw, Stoke v Chelsea.

Chelsea have already scored.  Guess that wasn't in the plan!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92731 on: December 22, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »

No one's around but I'll put something up for tonight's NFL game anyway, just in case it wins.

In recent weeks, the Denver Broncos have realised that throwing the ball all the time can be a bit risky against teams that are good at defending, so they've thought of a plan B. Peyton Manning is now a ringmaster, controlling the clock and the game by running the ball again and again (the most of any team over the last four week) only resorting to the pass when Manning decides there's a space worth pilfering. C J Anderson has been crushing through the middle of teams and generally having a whale of a time.

The Bengals - loyal Fredites will recall - have a good defense, when they're fit. Some of them are back now and they're the kind of defense you wouldn't want to be one dimensional against. They're strong against the run, with Maualuga and Thompson back to give them more steel, so looking elsewhere seems inevitable on occasion. It's a bit of a change to deal with, mind: last week, Johnny Manziel; this week, Peyton Manning.

Picking who Manning throws to is as hard for punters as it is for Defensive Coordinators. Fortunately, we don't have to on a play by play basis. Primary targets Emmanuel Sanders and Julius Thomas have had illness and injury respectively. Whilst both will play, we don't know how much, particularly if the Bengals fold like they normally do against big teams.

Wes Welker has had the ball each week, albeit only in moderation. He's been one of the main casualties of the new, running game tactics (18, 12, 82, 16 yards the last four games). The shouty red man will offer you 10/11 on more than 25.5 yards. If his fortunes change, or if he gets a break after a catch, this figure could look silly.

Click to see full-size image.

Interested in any views on this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:29:29 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92732 on: December 22, 2014, 09:29:52 PM »

The in-play bet is on, but the buggers restricted me to £20, lol.

£20 @ 5/1, Draw, Stoke v Chelsea.

Chelsea have already scored.  Guess that wasn't in the plan!

Lol, I eventually sussed that.

On balance, probably works out ok though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92733 on: December 22, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »

No one's around but I'll put something up for tonight's NFL game anyway, just in case it wins.

In recent weeks, the Denver Broncos have realised that throwing the ball all the time can be a bit risky against teams that are good at defending, so they've thought of a plan B. Peyton Manning is now a ringmaster, controlling the clock and the game by running the ball again and again (the most of any team over the last four week) only resorting to the pass when Manning decides there's a space worth pilfering. C J Anderson has been crushing through the middle of teams and generally having a whale of a time.

The Bengals - loyal Fredites will recall - have a good defense, when they're fit. Some of them are back now and they're the kind of defense you wouldn't want to be one dimensional against. They're strong against the run, with Maualuga and Thompson back to give them more steel, so looking elsewhere seems inevitable on occasion. It's a bit of a change to deal with, mind: last week, Johnny Manziel; this week, Peyton Manning.

Picking who Manning throws to is as hard for punters as it is for Defensive Coordinators. Fortunately, we don't have to on a play by play basis. Primary targets Emmanuel Sanders and Julius Thomas have had illness and injury respectively. Whilst both will play, we don't know how much, particularly if the Bengals fold like they normally do against big teams.

Wes Welker has had the ball each week, albeit only in moderation. He's been one of the main casualties of the new, running game tactics (18, 12, 82, 16 yards the last four games). The shouty red man will offer you 10/11 on more than 25.5 yards. If his fortunes change, or if he gets a break after a catch, this figure could look silly.

What time does it start, Tal Bloke?

I will be finished pokering in about an hour.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92734 on: December 22, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

Kick off is 1:30am so don't rush to do a final table chop. Tell Pleno he'll have to make do with second and crush.

Just an interest bet unless anyone wants to second it. £22 for a score.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #92735 on: December 22, 2014, 10:01:11 PM »

Kick off is 1:30am so don't rush to do a final table chop. Tell Pleno he'll have to make do with second and crush.

Just an interest bet unless anyone wants to second it. £22 for a score.

I loved the write up. Seems to be a bit if an angle. I'm following you in.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #92736 on: December 22, 2014, 10:29:03 PM »

Evening

No racing for two days. Its a good thing this isn't hand written, as I have the shakes already.

I know you don't like multiples etc, but I do like a couple of the double related offers up for grabs on the King George/Gold Cup double.

With Ruby not sending out much positive about Champagne Fever, I can't realistically see beyond Silviniaco Conti and Al Ferof to win on Friday.

A win for either, at this stage will likely make SC, even shorter vfafor the GC than the current 8-1, and Al Ferof a whole lot shorter.

Bet 653 offer 20-1 on the double for SC, and Billy offer 66-1 for Alf.

Now, we all know that Many Clouds will win the Gold Cup, but it could be that a disgruntled anti Sherwood fan, lasers blinds him on the run in, or Nichols and Mullins do a Golden Freeze and try to knobble him, so it makes sense to have a little cover bet.

Not sure what you can get on with either, but a token tenner on each should give another arrow in the quiver, come Gold Cup day.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #92737 on: December 22, 2014, 10:31:10 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighting-life-hospital-hit-lorry-A64.html
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #92738 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »

There is another angle with the King George

If Champagne Fever goes against his stamina laden pedigree and does not stay on Boxing Day his most likely target would be the champion chase

http://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/queen-mother-champion-chase/winner

Goes without saying the front two are not even massive prices to not turn up or in SS case even run again. If C Fever does empty out late on then it will be pay to be quick as CF will be around the mark for the queen mother in my opinion.

Of course he could go for the Ryanair but that race is such a minefield at this stage and seems the least likely of the three.

Obviously if he stays and/or wins it will be the Gold Cup price that tumbles.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92739 on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:48 AM »

Haha this convo made me laugh:D I'm going for over 2.5 goals pre and sth else punty in-play, tho I assume this wouldn't be viable for thread with the restrictions?

PS. Just posting as a reminder that I still have £54.60 of tikay gold earning (zero) interest on a marathon account (the bookie who when I asked what their signup promo was told me "We don't feel the need to offer a signup bonus as we offer the best odds of any bookie", and so far the only bet I've seen where they have offered the best odds was Tal's sweet chess bet! I suppose I haven't checked every bet though as they are sneaky and avoid oddschecker!). Haven't seen any bets posted that you haven't been able to get on/someone hasn't already got on for you (especially not on marathon!) and didn't want it to be forgotten about! I presume I'll hold on until the new year to see if any come about and if not will send then! Lemme know in thread if/when u want any on!!
GL all! Smiley

Ooh, I'd clean forgotten about that, thank you.

Yes, sit on it for now, please, & we'll decide what to do in the New Year. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92740 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:56 AM »

Thanks Tal.

That worked out nicely - our Max was exactly £22, so we have £22 @ 10/11, Wes Walker, OVER 25.5 Receiving yards, Broncos @ Bengals.

Denver Broncos at Cincinnati Bengals - Player Props
NFL Player Props
2014-12-23 01:30:00

Market: Receiving Yards - W Welker 

Selection: Over @ 10/11 

Handicap: +25.5 

BET PLACED

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92741 on: December 23, 2014, 12:28:33 AM »

Evening

No racing for two days. Its a good thing this isn't hand written, as I have the shakes already.

I know you don't like multiples etc, but I do like a couple of the double related offers up for grabs on the King George/Gold Cup double.

With Ruby not sending out much positive about Champagne Fever, I can't realistically see beyond Silviniaco Conti and Al Ferof to win on Friday.

A win for either, at this stage will likely make SC, even shorter vfafor the GC than the current 8-1, and Al Ferof a whole lot shorter.

Now, we all know that Many Clouds will win the Gold Cup, but it could be that a disgruntled anti Sherwood fan, lasers blinds him on the run in, or Nichols and Mullins do a Golden Freeze and try to knobble him, so it makes sense to have a little cover bet.

Not sure what you can get on with either, but a token tenner on each should give another arrow in the quiver, come Gold Cup day.

Thanks Adz. Cheltenham looms, yay.

Dealing first with SC, I eventually found the bet on 365, but.......

They Restricted us to £1.50.

It's below our Minimum Stake these days, but I guess if we saw a £30 note on the pavement, we'd pick it up, so we have invested a whole thirty bob @ 20/1 with B365.

SC to win King George, & Chelters Gold Cup, £1.50 @ 20/1.   

BET PLACED

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92742 on: December 23, 2014, 12:33:24 AM »

Evening

God bless Wm Hill, they are as good as gold.

We have a token £10 WIN DOUBLE, Wm Hill, Al Ferof to win the KG & Chelters Gold Cup.

26 Dec 2014 - To Win 2014 William Hill King George VI Chase & 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup - Outright

Al Ferof @ 66/1

Stake : £10.00

Estimated Returns : £

Transaction Reference:

O/0457483/0001162/F

BET PLACED
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:35:12 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92743 on: December 23, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »

Evening

Ha!

This is the time of the year when our thoughts turn to the merits or otherwise of Concrete Crash Barriers on the UK Trunk Road System.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92744 on: December 23, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »

Trying to work out why Liverpool are a similar price to Soton and Spurs for top six, but markedly bigger for top four.

They were impressive yesterday, although Brendan looks like he could do with a holiday, and 9-1 top four looks interesting given what's coming up over Christmas.

They're 4-5 at Burnley, 4-6 home v Swansea and 1-3 home v Leicester. Southampton and Tottenham have much tougher stints.

The 9-1 in a few spots beats the machine and this feels like a good spot for a trade if we fancy it?

Suggest £300 at 9-1 with a view to laying back at shorter in the new year.

Think this is the only one I have not actioned, so I'll send the Hossie Pass across to Tighty to sort in the morning.

£300 on "Reliable" Liverpool, sheesh.

Pages: 1 ... 6179 6180 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 6186 6187 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: