blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7796 7797 7798 7799 [7800] 7801 7802 7803 7804 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13412490 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116985 on: May 04, 2016, 03:50:29 PM »

Boilsports are 23/20!?

into 8/15 now Sad

Couldn't find this anywhere, but guess the value has gone.

I have managed to find value in 5 different horses in the Chester Cup.

Could go horribly wrong so better not put them all on for thread.   Quick Jack at 9/1 looks very good each way.  Gang Warfare beats betfair on both win and place.   I can't get on with ladbrokes, but of the outsiders, Nakeeta looks intersting at 33/1.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116986 on: May 04, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »

Boilsports are 23/20!?

into 8/15 now Sad

Couldn't find this anywhere, but guess the value has gone.

I have managed to find value in 5 different horses in the Chester Cup.

Could go horribly wrong so better not put them all on for thread.   Quick Jack at 9/1 looks very good each way.  Gang Warfare beats betfair on both win and place.   I can't get on with ladbrokes, but of the outsiders, Nakeeta looks intersting at 33/1.

Dammit, Nakeeta just touched off.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #116987 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:57 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2016-05-05-chester/15:45/winner

Mentioned this horse a few months ago, Still On Top, I had a nudge from a work colleague which came from the yard and i didnt put it up here and obviously it won. Have followed it in its next few races with nothing much happening but on Tuesday he gave me another nudge (he has not given me this in the past few races so should be a good indication).

Its good enough for me to have a dable E/W and I have got 18/1 with B365 which i took an extra £25 E/W for the thread. I then got stuck on a call and now see that it is best priced 16/1 and 14/1 on B365 so i dont know what you want to do if you want the bet or not just let me know i am easy.

In short.

Still on Top anything above 12/1 E/W i would have a little dabble.

I have £25 E/W at 18/1 1/4 odds top 3 locked for the thread just let me know before the end of the evening if you want it or not.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116988 on: May 04, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »

Mentioned this horse a few months ago, Still On Top, I had a nudge from a work colleague which came from the yard and i didnt put it up here and obviously it won. Have followed it in its next few races with nothing much happening but on Tuesday he gave me another nudge (he has not given me this in the past few races so should be a good indication).

Its good enough for me to have a dable E/W and I have got 18/1 with B365 which i took an extra £25 E/W for the thread. I then got stuck on a call and now see that it is best priced 16/1 and 14/1 on B365 so i dont know what you want to do if you want the bet or not just let me know i am easy.

In short.

I have £25 E/W at 18/1 1/4 odds top 3 locked for the thread just let me know before the end of the evening if you want it or not.

i'm not sure. sure its fine and i am reluctant to pass it over because sure as eggs is eggs....

but we've never really done "a mate told me" stuff

it hasn't run for 199 days. has it come down the weights? will it suit chester?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #116989 on: May 04, 2016, 08:06:09 PM »

Its the outsider of 9 in a sprint round the curve at Chester and it's drawn a middle stall. Never a good sign IMO.

If I was having to bet in this race I'd bet Ode to Nothing at Coral, paying three places 1/4 odds, whereas everyone else is 1/5 odds on an each way. But I am an ice cream so this isn't a recommend. I just remember how much the stall draw comes into play at Chester.

(On a separate note its a sad state of affairs when the outsider is 16/1 in a nine horse race...)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116990 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »

Andre Russell took 4 wickets as KKR beat KXIP in the IPL today, despite Maxwell coming off for once.

league table: KXIP to finish bottom at 11/2 the bet

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2016/engine/series/968923.html?view=pointstable

KXIP in a three way battle with two of the big boys, RCB (Kohli, ABDV et al) and Pune (Dhoni, Ashwin etc but badly injury hit) to avoid finishing bottom currently

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #116991 on: May 04, 2016, 08:56:58 PM »

In short.

i'm not sure. sure its fine and i am reluctant to pass it over because sure as eggs is eggs....

but we've never really done "a mate told me" stuff

it hasn't run for 199 days. has it come down the weights? will it suit chester?

I had a look at the last ten runnings of the race (yes I know lolsample) and it stacks up quite well

down in class is profitable
middle draw profitable
first run of the year is profitable

obviously a lot depends on whether it has progressed from 2 to 3, but there aren't really any huge negatives.

edit and also 1/4 odds 3 places is probably not going to be far off betfair when the market gets established (ceteris paribus)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:02:54 PM by doubleup » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #116992 on: May 04, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »

I thought at 18s it looked a fair bit of value to progress.

I see it starting a fair bit shorter than this and if nothing else you can arb it later.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116993 on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »

I did a bit of research too and discovered that getting drawn in the outside in sprints at Chester was very highly correlated with self certified injury withdrawals.  ie there could easily be just 7 show up.  

Funnily enough horses drawn low there are much more fit and healthy.

Edit just had a check and we lost one from each sprint today.  The horse drawn 7 in the first withdrew, wrecked the each way, and the horse drawn 8 won.  I hope that the withdrawn horse makes a full recovery.   Must be devastating for connections to have a horse drawn 7 in a Chester sprint to lose a horse to injury so early in the season.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:22:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #116994 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »

Think you are exaggerating a bit.  First 7.5f is right on the margins of "sprint" and the race has been an 3 place heat 8 of the last 11 runnings and 2 of the 2 placers were actual soft going not the bit of cut of today.  Also the fav is in the 9 box with the champion jockey booked, Hanagan is up on the 8, Buick on the 6.  So doesn't seem like the plan is to withdraw.  The 7 draw does have a claimer, but the owner is "Chelsea thoroughbreds" who don't sound to me like the types to pull off dodgy strokes of the kind you envisage  Grin
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #116995 on: May 04, 2016, 09:42:19 PM »

I did a bit of research too and discovered that getting drawn in the outside in sprints at Chester was very highly correlated with self certified injury withdrawals.  ie there could easily be just 7 show up.  

Funnily enough horses drawn low there are much more fit and healthy.

Edit just had a check and we lost one from each sprint today.  The horse drawn 7 in the first withdrew, wrecked the each way, and the horse drawn 8 won.  I hope that the withdrawn horse makes a full recovery.   Must be devastating for connections to have a horse drawn 7 in a Chester sprint to lose a horse to injury so early in the season.

I think Chester announced some form of initiative today to encourage less "withdrawals" for bad draws etc. Free transport, entry etc. Wasn't listening too hard but at least the course finally acknowledge they need to tackle the problem.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116996 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »

Think you are exaggerating a bit.  First 7.5f is right on the margins of "sprint" and the race has been an 3 place heat 8 of the last 11 runnings and 2 of the 2 placers were actual soft going not the bit of cut of today.  Also the fav is in the 9 box with the champion jockey booked, Hanagan is up on the 8, Buick on the 6.  So doesn't seem like the plan is to withdraw.  The 7 draw does have a claimer, but the owner is "Chelsea thoroughbreds" who don't sound to me like the types to pull off dodgy strokes of the kind you envisage  Grin

I am not exagerrating

We lost 6 today, 5 of which were drawn outside or 1 from the outside.  We lost the horse drawn 19 of 19 from that famous sprint; the Chester Cup ffs.  I guess you are right though, if the favoured horses are on the outside we should be less likely to lose them.

Sure we have had this discussion here before though, horses can win from a high draw at Chester as shown in the first and so what if they get badly beaten, it isn't going to harm their handicap.  And I suspect there is a pretty strong correlation between handicap manipulators and the people that withdraw "injured" horses.

I have just read Adz' reply, that sounds like a very good thing, hope connections start to run their horses.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #116997 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »

First one of my suggestions to create a discussion.

I finally feel I have made it Smiley

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #116998 on: May 04, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »

Andre Russell took 4 wickets as KKR beat KXIP in the IPL today, despite Maxwell coming off for once.

league table: KXIP to finish bottom at 11/2 the bet

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2016/engine/series/968923.html?view=pointstable

KXIP in a three way battle with two of the big boys, RCB (Kohli, ABDV et al) and Pune (Dhoni, Ashwin etc but badly injury hit) to avoid finishing bottom currently

Pune are the worry for me here, having lost the 4 overseas players from game 1 (KP, Du Plessis, Steve Smith and Mitch Marsh). Basically any pre-season plans they had in now ruined. Khawaja will be a decent replacement but they are up against it.

Kings Xi only played 3 overseas players today, which tells you how much they rate Behardien, Johnson and Abbott. They have called up Amla for Shaun Marsh, so a similar swap really. I can't see them winning many more, and they have the worst run rate, depends on how awful Pune are.

RCB will surely do enough to not come rock bottom. A start would be to drop Gayle for a foreign bowler (worrying, Chris Jordan is touted as the "messiah" here) but they are getting desperate now so should make the tough choice and pick a balanced side.

Kings Xi are currently a 1/2 shot, which looks a bit short given Pune's troubles.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #116999 on: May 05, 2016, 12:35:23 AM »

Bit harsh to include a filly in season in the fake injuries stats.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:01:27 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 7796 7797 7798 7799 [7800] 7801 7802 7803 7804 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: