blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8417 8418 8419 8420 [8421] 8422 8423 8424 8425 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436519 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #126300 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »

They've paid that guy who complained
Wonder if everyone has been settled a winner
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126301 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:29 AM »

Bet victor is fair enough.  Having the stipulation of rebounding into play avoids all sorts of grey areas where the ball skims the post/crossbar.

Meh.  It was a one off bet.  The person proposing the bet should set the terms?  Dunno.  Always check the ts and cs if something could be misinterpreted. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BiloxiDesire

View Profile
« Reply #126302 on: March 09, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »

On a side note to that, what absolutely terrible odds for that bet anyway. Surely that should be 500/1+ in reality.

I notice there's quite a disparity in the prices of a lot of the RequestABet's that are available. I assume there's an underlying formula that is used by most of the books as most of them consist of cards, corners, goals and penalties.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126303 on: March 09, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »

Bet victor is fair enough.  Having the stipulation of rebounding into play avoids all sorts of grey areas where the ball skims the post/crossbar.

I disagree. If the bet states 'hit the woodwork' and the ball hits the woodwork, it should be a winner regardless of where it goes. No grey area as far as I can see - if the ball skims the post it has hit the woodwork.

Their terms are contradictory as they state that if the ball hits the woodwork and goes out of play it won't count, yet if it goes in the goal it will - even if your 'grey area' is a problem surely that problem would then exist if it is a goal?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126304 on: March 09, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »

Alonso has come out fighting to the Spanish media. "The team are all ready to win except Honda,"

Alonso says the McLaren is losing 30km/h on the straight. ""There is no reliability and there is no power."

Fernando Alonso insists only Honda engine is preventing McLaren from being potential winners in 2017 http://skysports.tv/z9ZqnZ 

but another duff engine another terrible year ahead?.

i had a quick look but couldn't see any fixed odds ways,but any way on the spreads (or value left) in going no points etc?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126305 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »

I disagree. If the bet states 'hit the woodwork' and the ball hits the woodwork, it should be a winner regardless of where it goes. No grey area as far as I can see - if the ball skims the post it has hit the woodwork.

Their terms are contradictory as they state that if the ball hits the woodwork and goes out of play it won't count, yet if it goes in the goal it will - even if your 'grey area' is a problem surely that problem would then exist if it is a goal?

Victor have released a statement saying they will update their terms to be more clear and that in future it is confirmed that any shot that hits any part of the woodwork will count.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126306 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

I'm convinced something is majorly wrong behind the scenes at Posh. Maybe worse than Arsenal. Most likely McCann.

There's a lot of quality in this squad but it's now nine defeats from the last 13 games, with the last two wins coming against ten-man Shrews (who would have won had they kept 11) and nine-man Rochdale (off-day).

Lee Angol...one goal all season, looking like he's petrified of making a mistake some of the time, and like he couldn't care less on other occasions...goes to Lincoln and scores a hat-trick in his first game. Yes it's a lower level and he's in a dominant team, but that isn't it.

Another blowout v Oxford wouldn't surprise at all. Have £25 on Oxford-Oxford @ 17-5 with Choral, £10 on Oxford o2.5 goals @ 9-2 with Billy, and £5 Oxford o3.5 goals @ 14-1 with Choral again.

Oxford/Oxford Peterborough v Oxford Half Time/Full Time

17/5
Total Stake: £25.00
Potential Returns: £110.00

no wm hill prices for o2.5 oxford

coral will only lay 80p at 14/1 o3.5 oxford

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126307 on: March 09, 2017, 01:27:00 PM »

fastest time of winter testing so far, this morning (usual caveats apply)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #126308 on: March 09, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »

PL darts draws not the best bunch of games tonight.  Probably worth a miss tonight.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #126309 on: March 09, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »

Victor have released a statement saying they will update their terms to be more clear and that in future it is confirmed that any shot that hits any part of the woodwork will count.

I reckon they will be in a dispute before long with ultra slow motion involved and calls for a snickometer plus hotspot.  The old sporting index rules were fine.  Bounce back into play it counts. Bounce out doesn't count.  In off post doesn't count.  Clear and everyone knew where you stood.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #126310 on: March 09, 2017, 02:08:46 PM »

Bet victor is fair enough.  Having the stipulation of rebounding into play avoids all sorts of grey areas where the ball skims the post/crossbar.

I reckon they will be in a dispute before long with ultra slow motion involved and calls for a snickometer plus hotspot.  The old sporting index rules were fine.  Bounce back into play it counts. Bounce out doesn't count.  In off post doesn't count.  Clear and everyone knew where you stood.

How are those rules clear?  If you have a bet on the ball hitting the wood work why does it matter where the ball ends up afterwards?  One of the most insane rules ever.  You have bet on the ball touching the post and/or bar not whether it stays in play afterwards in a double.

On a night when the industry leader is reporting 8 figures losses on the Barca game good old victor's PR team is worrying about a mickey mouse bet on hitting the post.  Kind of shows how far VC have fallen in the bigger picture.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:10:42 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #126311 on: March 09, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »

Bet victor is fair enough.  Having the stipulation of rebounding into play avoids all sorts of grey areas where the ball skims the post/crossbar.

I reckon they will be in a dispute before long with ultra slow motion involved and calls for a snickometer plus hotspot.  The old sporting index rules were fine.  Bounce back into play it counts. Bounce out doesn't count.  In off post doesn't count.  Clear and everyone knew where you stood.

How are those rules clear?  If you have a bet on the ball hitting the wood work why does it matter where the ball ends up afterwards?  One of the most insane rules ever.  You have bet on the ball touching the post and/or bar not whether it stays in play afterwards in a double.

On a night when the industry leader is reporting 8 figures losses on the Barca game good old victor's PR team is worrying about a mickey mouse bet on hitting the post.  Kind of shows how far VC have fallen in the bigger picture.

Well it is clear.  Whether you agree is another matter.  It was for football performance 10 points for hitting the woodwork.  Hit post and then bounce into keeper arms 10 points.  His bar and go over no cigar.  Hit inside of both posts and striker bundles it in then 35 point banzai.  They don't do it anymore because they can now just work out performances based on match stats.  Before they had to keep an eye open for postage action.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126312 on: March 09, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »

Well it is clear.  Whether you agree is another matter.  It was for football performance 10 points for hitting the woodwork.  Hit post and then bounce into keeper arms 10 points.  His bar and go over no cigar.  Hit inside of both posts and striker bundles it in then 35 point banzai.  They don't do it anymore because they can now just work out performances based on match stats.  Before they had to keep an eye open for postage action.

Huh?  Aren't these spread betting rules?  What has this to do with a fixed odds  bet a punter has proposed? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #126313 on: March 09, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »

Huh?  Aren't these spread betting rules?  What has this to do with a fixed odds  bet a punter has proposed? 

Yes. But their rules were done to get round incidents where the ball shaves the post and the ball hardly deviates.  Presumably that is what Victor were trying to do before A) not making it clear and B) messing it up anyway by having "in off the post" counting (apparently).

I'm simply stating that I don't think the original VC stance was unreasonable if they are trying to avoid uncertainly (if they had made it clear).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #126314 on: March 09, 2017, 05:36:08 PM »

Just had a quick look at the Arsenal v Lincoln match.

Korals, giving it away with correct score Lincoln 9-0...........

200/1 
Pages: 1 ... 8417 8418 8419 8420 [8421] 8422 8423 8424 8425 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: