blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9108 9109 9110 9111 [9112] 9113 9114 9115 9116 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333787 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #136665 on: September 23, 2019, 08:05:55 PM »

Thanks lads.

Just the sheer number of markets is mind blowing, must be value to be had with so many options to look at Smiley

Very much this. The compilers can't keep tabs on everything. The head coach made one comment in a press conference and no compiler pricing up the market noticed. This is the punter's privilege, as we can can pick what we want while the bookie is chalking up hundreds of things.

Thanks very much for the insight, tips and sharing of info. I shall certainly be getting more involved this season.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136666 on: September 24, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »

Ceefax would have been 45 years old today.

Life would not have been the same without it.  It was - at the time - the best thing ever.

This page is only 24 (?) years old, but brings back some amazing memories.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #136667 on: September 24, 2019, 11:54:14 AM »

Ceefax would have been 45 years old today.

Life would not have been the same without it.  It was - at the time - the best thing ever.

This page is only 24 (?) years old, but brings back some amazing memories.

Click to see full-size image.

Brings back memory of Saturday afternoons at university with several of us gathered around someone's TV watching matched update on Ceefax while listening to Radio commentary.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136668 on: September 24, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »

Bergkamp did struggle in the Premier League tbf.

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136669 on: September 24, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »

Stuart Pearce?

Hard to believe he was an even worse judge then than he is now.

Bernardo can't have done his POTY chances any good with his weekend 'jokes'.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136670 on: September 24, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »

Stuart Pearce?

Hard to believe he was an even worse judge then than he is now.

Bernardo can't have done his POTY chances any good with his weekend 'jokes'.

Not but you can't stay mad at his face. He's like a puppy.

His hat-trick might have helped his chances though Wink

KDBs to lose as it stands.

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136671 on: September 24, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »

I was fumming that Raheem was benched for the bi-annual walkover v the Orns, especially given his past record. He'd have got six, and left Mendy alone.

KDB for POTY fine by me though. Raheem or KDB please, and £6.5k backpack or Mount for the junior prize.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #136672 on: September 25, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »

Can remember trying to get the decs for horses on ceefax/teletext and if a meeting had a lot of runners it could have 8/10 pages. You couldn't just pick the race you were interested in, had to wait for it to auto scroll around to it , always seemed to start scrolling on the race just after the one you wanted  Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136673 on: September 25, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

Can remember trying to get the decs for horses on ceefax/teletext and if a meeting had a lot of runners it could have 8/10 pages. You couldn't just pick the race you were interested in, had to wait for it to auto scroll around to it , always seemed to start scrolling on the race just after the one you wanted  Cheesy

Think I spent 17% of my entire life waiting for Ceefax to scroll to the page I wanted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136674 on: September 25, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »

Can remember trying to get the decs for horses on ceefax/teletext and if a meeting had a lot of runners it could have 8/10 pages. You couldn't just pick the race you were interested in, had to wait for it to auto scroll around to it , always seemed to start scrolling on the race just after the one you wanted  Cheesy

Used to be worse on CH4, used to go into the 20s. I remember the days of using P604 on Four for the NFL scores. Page 1 of about 10 for Sporting Insects. Was a fun sweat though. Different era. Holding the remote in front of your eyes and slowly revealing results a horse at a time. Or going right to left and looking at the SPs first.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:31:19 AM by Chompy » Logged

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136675 on: September 25, 2019, 09:42:24 AM »

We got our first TV with teletext just before the 1988 Olympics. I remember my dad wanting to see the dog results from Wimbledon - I loaded up the greyhound results page to find it was on Belle Vue, the page was something like 1/47. That was a long old wait.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #136676 on: September 25, 2019, 03:29:32 PM »

Can remember trying to get the decs for horses on ceefax/teletext and if a meeting had a lot of runners it could have 8/10 pages. You couldn't just pick the race you were interested in, had to wait for it to auto scroll around to it , always seemed to start scrolling on the race just after the one you wanted  Cheesy

Used to be worse on CH4, used to go into the 20s. I remember the days of using P604 on Four for the NFL scores. Page 1 of about 10 for Sporting Insects. Was a fun sweat though. Different era. Holding the remote in front of your eyes and slowly revealing results a horse at a time. Or going right to left and looking at the SPs first.

This....😄
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #136677 on: September 25, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »

We got our first TV with teletext just before the 1988 Olympics. I remember my dad wanting to see the dog results from Wimbledon - I loaded up the greyhound results page to find it was on Belle Vue, the page was something like 1/47. That was a long old wait.

One of my friends had the button to let you scroll though at your leisure, I was very jealous.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136678 on: September 26, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »

This....😄

Lol. happy days indeed.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136679 on: September 28, 2019, 10:21:35 AM »

Ole Gonna Solskjaer 7-4 to leave before the end of the season, 3-1 to leave before the end of the year, Scuy. Wouldn't want to lay either. Also Hills 2-1 he's gone by the end of the season and 4-1 that he's gone by Xmas Day.

Have backed the mighty Poshies to score a hatful v the Wombles today. Wally confirmed this is value.

Gorgeous George Boyd and future PL star Frazer Blake-Tracy both return, which will make a big difference.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:50:05 AM by Chompy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9108 9109 9110 9111 [9112] 9113 9114 9115 9116 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: