blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Charles Kennedy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Charles Kennedy  (Read 3260 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 07:29:37 PM »

Ghastly news, but maybe a merciful release from his suffering, and an escape from the constant abuse and mockery he received on Twitter and Facebook.

RIP Mr Kennedy.

Now he's died, people who mocked him are falling over themselves to say nice things about him on the very places they derided him just days ago.

As a society, haven't we got this all wrong?

Why wait until someone has died, when they can't hear it, to say good things about someone?

Absolutely this this this.

They mocked & abused him non-stop because he had a drink problem - he was an alcoholic. It destroyed his career, his marriage & his life, but they mocked relentlessly. Now he's dead. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 11:19:35 PM »

Ghastly news, but maybe a merciful release from his suffering, and an escape from the constant abuse and mockery he received on Twitter and Facebook.

RIP Mr Kennedy.

Now he's died, people who mocked him are falling over themselves to say nice things about him on the very places they derided him just days ago.

As a society, haven't we got this all wrong?

Why wait until someone has died, when they can't hear it, to say good things about someone?

Absolutely this this this.

They mocked & abused him non-stop because he had a drink problem - he was an alcoholic. It destroyed his career, his marriage & his life, but they mocked relentlessly. Now he's dead. 

Go and check out Ed Miliband's Twitter posts for the 18 months prior to the election.

Every single one is replied to by tens, even hundreds of people posting "Fuck off Beaker".

Even today when Ed posted his sadness at Charles Kennedy's death, several people took the opportunity to abuse him.

It would be enough to send me to the shrink for sure.

Disagree with someone over a particular policy or viewpoint for sure. But can't we keep it polite at least?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

I agree with you - but I don't see what good comes of anyone being on twitter (especially a politician).   A ghastly invention imo.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »

"Alex Salmond is being rightly castigated for his appalling reaction to Charles Kennedy's sudden death hours ago"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11645853/Anger-at-Alex-Salmonds-shameful-Charles-Kennedy-comments-hours-after-his-death.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »

"Alex Salmond is being rightly castigated for his appalling reaction to Charles Kennedy's sudden death hours ago"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11645853/Anger-at-Alex-Salmonds-shameful-Charles-Kennedy-comments-hours-after-his-death.html

The telegraph just loves to create "outrage" and as usual a lot of mugs fall for it.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:02 AM »

Really sad news. Was such a great person/ politician.

RIP Charlie
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: