blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 190812 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »

So Because Yes Voters are Vocal you want to vote No??

Cool Story Bro.

No, it makes me want to vote no because of the annoyance they cause me on social media.

Saw one guy tonight on fb get absolutely butchered for saying he was voting no, by yes campaigners.

Maybe it's just the type of campaigners that I'm noticing, that are annoying.

Think you have to remember these people aren't professional politicians or lobbyists they are regular punters that obviously feel very passionately about the issue. I agree some of the stuff is bad and wish the less eloquent ones would leave it to those who can put over a proper reasoned point but to base a vote on the single biggest political issue in our lifetime on the fact there are a few dicks on Facebook seems a bit crazy to me.

Hi james  

You're right, it would be crazy to vote either way on that basis, but it's one of a few reasons I won't be registering to vote. Just saying, these guys can be doing more harm than good with their one sided, in your face constantly lobbying.

Ps, always available for a nandos, in a independent or non independent Scotland 👍

Totally agree Vinnie but unfortunately it is only looking like getting worse as passions seem to be rising on both sides.

Good shout on the food front will need to organise a night over in Glasgow soon but lets go somewhere nice though. Thought you would be up to your ears in nappies still but if you can manage a Saturday night give me a shout. think i am ok most of the September but October got a couple of things on.

Glasgow or Edinburgh good for me. Ill pm a few of the decent scotch people on here, and forth thistle, and get some suggestions/dates.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »

Cool Story Bro.

No, it makes me want to vote no because of the annoyance they cause me on social media.

Saw one guy tonight on fb get absolutely butchered for saying he was voting no, by yes campaigners.

Think you have to remember these people aren't professional politicians or lobbyists they are regular punters that obviously feel very passionately about the issue. I agree some of the stuff is bad and wish the less eloquent ones would leave it to those who can put over a proper reasoned point but to base a vote on the single biggest political issue in our lifetime on the fact there are a few dicks on Facebook seems a bit crazy to me.

Hi james  

You're right, it would be crazy to vote either way on that basis, but it's one of a few reasons I won't be registering to vote. Just saying, these guys can be doing more harm than good with their one sided, in your face constantly lobbying.

Ps, always available for a nandos, in a independent or non independent Scotland 👍

Totally agree Vinnie but unfortunately it is only looking like getting worse as passions seem to be rising on both sides.

Good shout on the food front will need to organise a night over in Glasgow soon but lets go somewhere nice though. Thought you would be up to your ears in nappies still but if you can manage a Saturday night give me a shout. think i am ok most of the September but October got a couple of things on.

Glasgow or Edinburgh good for me. Ill pm a few of the decent scotch people on here, and forth thistle, and get some suggestions/dates.
WP

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

Cool Story Bro.

Hi james  

Grill on the Corner.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton  25m
Labour and Tories have agreed to avoid contentious votes until after 18 Sept. to free MPs to campaign in Scotland.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »

What's happened today lads more big cash for the yes vote?  Backed from 9/2 into 10/3 on bf in last 12 hours.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 5m

New post If the latest YouGov IndyRef poll is right then the outcome could be very close indeed http://bit.ly/1pjFiUH

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »

Embarrassment for the no campaign as BBC 5 Live struggle to find 150 no voters in Dundee to attend a debate #indyref http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-5-live-struggled-to-find-enough-no-voters-for-dundee-independence-debate-1.553982
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2014, 10:09:15 PM »

cheers guys.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

From Wings Over Scotland:

YouGov’s last poll, just two weeks ago, was Y39 N61. If these numbers are confirmed, that’s a colossal 8% swing in a fortnight, from the most No-friendly pollster around.

Game, as they say, on.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »

I could have posted last few posts in one post but just incase they get lost in the wall of noise thought best to post individually. 

I was out canvassing for a short while earlier this afternoon and we vsited a number of Job Centres/Doctors Surgeries/Nursery Schools actively signing up  people who hadn't registered we also done some sample counts of those we signed up and from a number of different areas in Glasgow we signed up over 280 people and the people saying they would vote yes was 68/32 in favour of yes excluding the don't knows. 

This style of signing up voters and canvassing has been followed up across the country over the last 7 days and the numbers have been overwhelming. 

WE even took the no voters registration forms into the registration office in order to maintain that all things were fair. 

The figures also show us that when people are having the debate and come along and participate in a local meeting we are seeing people move to yes in large numbers. 

Recently people I know through my other half who were staunch no's are now voting yes.  People, to be fair who I had actually given up trying to persuade. 

It is very much game on. 
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »

This shows it really well

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »

Few more tweets:

Politico Daily ‏@Politico_Daily  18m
Peter Kellner, head of #YouGov "Alex Salmond is within touching distance of victory" #indyref

Wings Over Scotland ‏@WingsScotland  16m
Look, folks, we're not saying it's significant that the poll swing to Yes started two days after the #WeeBlueBook came out, but... Cheesy

The Sun ‏@TheSunNewspaper  26m
BREAKING: Landmark Sun/YouGov poll puts Yes campaign within just 6 points of victory: http://bit.ly/1rJvECC  #IndyRef

Pete Wishart ‏@PeteWishart  19m
Just electric Q&A with the First Minister tonight in Perth. You couldn't pack anymore in. View from the chair.

Ross McCafferty ‏@RossMcCaff  1h
Vivienne Westwood uses a speech at the Fashion Awards to back a Yes vote in the #indyref

Kevin Robertson ✌️ ‏@kwr66  3m
The BBC have reported the thug kicking the woman in the stomach. Good, it's a start. Report to the PF http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29020575

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:14 PM »

From today’s Financial Times:

“Buyout groups Blackstone and Blue Water Energy are providing $500m to Siccar Point Energy, a new UK-focused oil company, in one of the largest ever private equity investments in North Sea oil.

Investment in the UK North Sea reached a record level of £14.4bn last year, raising hopes that oil and gas production could start to pick up again after years of decline.

‘This is one of the most opportune times to buy assets in the North Sea,’ said Jonathan Roger, chief executive of Siccar Point. ‘The market is very buoyant.’”
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »

Hearing that in a canvass tonight in Larkhall that there was a win for YES by 77 to 71.

To many that won't sound like much, but for those who understand political geography and sectarian behaviours in Scotland that is an astounding victory.

To put that into perspective its like Sinn Fein managing to win a poll on the Shankill Rd. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2014, 11:57:36 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

http://youtu.be/-H_psPVLk-8
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: