blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  6 nations
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6 nations  (Read 7765 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »

Super League games, some of them, are fixed right?

only possible excuse for some of the ineptitude we see on our screens this weekend....

Tighty v Kinboshi is the new Chisora v Haye.

I'm going to physically burn him. Or something.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »

If Sean Long's involved, then quite probably.

With regards to the no try at the end of the match yesterday, what was the video ref's call? I was watching at DTD, and couldn't hear any commentary. Was it conclusively shown that it wasn't grounded?

Just asking because in league there's a "benefit of the doubt" ruling available to the video ref for cases where it looks like it was a try but there's no conclusive evidence either way. It was brought in to obviously benefit the attacking side. Is there anything similar in union, no one at the table who was a union follower was aware of such a rule (not saying it would have been relevant yesterday or not though).

Shame the try wasn't given, would have been an unbelievably difficult kick under the circumstances, and made great viewing. Was a good game from what I saw of it.

video ref's call. the available camera angles were all inconclusive

In general RU is still catching up with RL in use of video technology. There is no "benefit of the doubt to the attack". In fact, without concluive proof the benefit goes to the defence

It is an area in which RL is superb.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »

Yeh massively depends on what question the ref asks. If he asks "any reason not to give the try?" it's a try. If he says "try or no try" it's not a try.
To make sure they make as few mistakes as possilble the refs and assistant refs always say they can't see/be sure so usually ask "try or no try".
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

I think that's just because it's been in place longer. The "benefit of the doubt" ruling would have come into play with that try (from what I saw and what you've said) in league, which I guess can be unfair to the defending side.

The video ref is great when you're at a match, really adds to the drama and you get to be the video ref as well. The official video refs still get it blatantly wrong with regular frequency though.

The problem in Super League is that all games are equal, and some of the matches don't have a video ref, which arguably means matches are refereed slightly inconsistently.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »

David Strettle says "If it is inconclusive you have to go with the attacking team."
I thought that backs were supposed to be smarter than forwards.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »

Whooda thunk it.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »

Just an apology on this thread really, not the time to study hard enough to tip: Had the max on wales pre tourney 11/4. If there is a bet still to be had Ireland are likely to be value next week. Well done to England today.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »

You Scots should be proud, your boys finally won something  Cheesy

ScotlandStu

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »

And well deserved too. I never thought our rugby team could be worse than our football team, but they are.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »

Hahaha 2nd. Well played Lancaster. Lost one game to the grand slam champs and WC semi finalists by 7 points. Good start to the rebuilding.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:34 PM »

Hahaha 2nd. Well played Lancaster. Lost one game to the grand slam champs and WC semi finalists by 7 points. Good start to the rebuilding.

Wales probably the second best side in the world.

Rod

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »

Wales probably the second best side in the world.
Would not agree with this, 4th best side in the world for me. We were beaten in the world cup by both South Africa and Australia and lost twice to Australia after the world cup. Were competitive with those two sides but still a small way to go to catch them up. I think Wales will do it though. Back to back Grand Slam's is a real possibility with next years fixture list and would like to think we have a chance in the next world cup if we continue to build as we are at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: