blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rangers into administration
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rangers into administration  (Read 24894 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »

Rangers have filed court papers signalling their intention to go into administration.

STV can exclusively reveal the Ibrox club lodged the notice at the Court of Session in Edinburgh at lunchtime on Monday.

It is understood the papers are the first step in any formal administration process. They now have ten days in which to declare administrators have taken over the running of the Glasgow-based club.

This period allows the company to speak to creditors to see if they reach an agreement. If they enter administration the Scottish Premier League champions would automatically be docked ten points.

Rangers FC are currently awaiting the result of a £49m tax case with HM Revenue and Customs in relation to the club's use of an Employee Benefits Trust to pay players and staff. It is thought the decision to lodge court papers means the result of this tax case is likely to be known imminently.

The Court of Session confirmed to STV that papers signalling the intention to appoint administrators had been received from the club's solicitors acting on behalf of their directors.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »

thread posted with my eyes open

Back in the old days, it would have been an invitation for flaming etc on here as passions run high when it comes to Rangers and their rivals

Lets debate this sensibly. If not, I'll live and learn and delete the thread

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »

Betfair currently price SPL   1.07 Celtic and 12.0 Rangers!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »

I guess they want the 10 point penalty this year and not next.

Penalty is automatic upon entering administration. I wonder if the bookies have adjusted the price of Celtic to win the league which is now surely almost no price at all.

Sandy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

gtfo!!!!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »

Cliffs to background of Rangers debt problems?

Do Celtic & Rangers make money through TV in Scotland to cover wages etc?  (Are they above breakeven season by season excluding debt problems)

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »

well they wont go away thats for sure

But it pretty much  shows that scottish football is going to be on a par with latvian football from here on in

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/?p=7781&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=celtic-interim-results-steady-despite-hard-times&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Celtic interim results: steady despite hard times

Despite entry into the group stages of the Europa League, Celtic’s income to the six months to 31 December 2011 increased by only £0.88m to £29.27m on the corresponding period the previous year, reflecting a fall in income from pre-season tours and a drop in merchandise sales of £454k.

Despite playing one more home game than during the last six months of 2010, income from football and stadium operations dropped £224k.

Operating expenses increased by £867k to £28.388m, reflecting inflationary pressures and the cost of Europa League participation while net bank debt dropped in the year by £2.0m to £7.05m.  The club made a profit before tax of £177k.

Considering this was a period of difficult economic times and came on the heels of a loss of the league title and poor results on the field until the last seven weeks of the year, these are solid financial results.  The club continues to live within its means while chipping away at legacy debt.  Failure to gain entry into the group stage of the Europa League would have put further downward pressure on income but, conversely, future participation in the Champions League would transform finances.

It is important that the club regains the SPL title which would give it an excellent chance of reaching the Champions League group stage, making it a more attractive pre-season tournament proposition while boosting merchandise sales.

Around this time of the year we normally benchmark Celtic’s financial results with those from Rangers. The Ibrox club failed to submit their accounts for the 12 months to 30 June 2011 by the required date, prompting the Plus Exchange to suspend trading in their shares, so there appears to be little chance Rangers will submit even their usual eight line interims.

Sandy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:43:40 PM by henrik777 » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

if they can clear the debts in administration it will be huge boost to them, even with 10pts deducted they will still get 2nd spot and a qualifying spot for ECL
they wont be restricted in transfer market and will have funds to spend that would otherwise be going on debt repayment/intrest
rangers will be bigger than every after adminstration
but HMRC are invovled and might want rangers wond up this would be devasting to a large percentage of scotland
but could be great for scotish football to make it more competitive in the long run and get a decent  league structure in place

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 04:39:47 PM »

Celtic really don't want rangers to disappear!

Outside of rivalries, if rangers disappear, the revenue in Scottish football would disappear and other big clubs (as we know them) too

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »

Not 100% sure but they have registered intent to go into administration but not actually went in yet. We are subject to a court case which could see us fined £50m+ for unpaid tax so I think the ruling is expected this week and if we lose we will insta go into admin

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »

They should just liquidate the whole of Scottish footy and be done with it to put the whole country out of their misery 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »

They should just liquidate the whole of ENGLANDSHIRE and be done with it to put the whole country out of their misery 

FYP

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »

They should just liquidate the whole of ENGLANDSHIRE and be done with it to put the whole country out of their misery

FYP
FMFYP

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »

They should just liquidate the whole of Scottish footy and be done with it to put the whole country out of their misery 

It won't be long before the premiership is rocked again

#simplythebust

Sandy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: