blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rangers into administration
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rangers into administration  (Read 24885 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »

Rangers going busto and starting in Div 3 of the SFL wouldn't be the disaster that the media are trying to make out.

Another team takes Rangers place in SPL that wouldn't have been  in it.

A European place opens up for the next 3 years for the mid level SPL clubs.

Rangers coming through the leagues gives them 3 years to get their house in order and rebuild

and gives all the SFL teams at least a season with 2 Rangers home games and 2 trips to Ibrox  creating much needed income at the lower levels.

A TV deal for the SFL would almost certainly happen (SPL deal would probably be renegotiated at a lower level)

As Rod says Celtic would probably be impacted more than any other club but I'm sure we'll cope  Smiley
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »

If rangers are liquidated any phoenix team won't have ibrox teacake

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

If rangers are liquidated any phoenix team won't have ibrox teacake

They'd need to buy it obviously, but what other buyers will there be? Front of Main stand is a listed building, there is a big supermarket a few hundred yards away, it's not a great area where land is expensive or housing in demand....

In the end it's a good football ground but not much use otherwise. Rangers had it down as a near £100m asset AFAICR, but while that might be the rebuild value, it doesn't seem likely to be a sale value especially in event of a liquidation.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

just what a new team in the 4th tier of scottish football would need to do spending multi millions of pounds on a stadium lumbering them in crippling debts while they are unable to recoup much money for 4 or 5 seasons

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:50 PM »

You're assuming they'd be in the 4th tier - what's to stop them buying St Mirren or Dunfermline & taking their place in the SPL? Or QOS in Div1 (or 2 as looks likely)? And don't write off sheer f'in stubbornness on the support's part - they'd still get 20K+ gates, a lot of the time, add in cup ties etc. All depends what they have to spend, but if a businessman wants to get hold of the support & attach them to a newco Rangers, they need the ground anyone establishing that newco has to be in it longer term, not just for a quick buck, and make no mistake, there's money there to be made, but there will be a fair amount of up front spend to access it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:43:30 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

Did Walter Smith know about, or benefit financially from,EBTs ? Ally McCoist? or indeed any of the other ex players, directors or hangers on who have plenty to say now ?

Sandy
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/fe/a8/0,,5~174334,00.pdf

That's quite a lot of money !!!

Sandy
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »

why is it that its mainly celtic fans that are asking question on here and everywhere else?

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

why is it that its mainly celtic fans that are asking question on here and everywhere else?

Are you a celtic fan ?

Sandy
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »

and Aberdeen.You would think it would be Rangers fans that would be worried and maybe they wouldn't have got to this stage, strange one.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »

You're assuming they'd be in the 4th tier - what's to stop them buying St Mirren or Dunfermline & taking their place in the SPL? Or QOS in Div1 (or 2 as looks likely)? And don't write off sheer f'in stubbornness on the support's part - they'd still get 20K+ gates, a lot of the time, add in cup ties etc. All depends what they have to spend, but if a businessman wants to get hold of the support & attach them to a newco Rangers, they need the ground anyone establishing that newco has to be in it longer term, not just for a quick buck, and make no mistake, there's money there to be made, but there will be a fair amount of up front spend to access it.

Shouldn't say I told you so, but the news that Whyte's lawyer was looking over the St Mirren books as part of a proposed consortium buyout of St. Mirren before RFC went into administration brought a wry smile to my face.

I'm actually wondering how much Whyte would have got away with if it hadn't been for the early Euro exits & those pesky inquisitive Celtic Fans.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

Blue Knights withdraw.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/303643-blue-knights-withdraw-bid-for-rangers/

Sandy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »

Looks like they're walking away
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »

Monday could be gg gtfo time.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/304252-rangers-crisis-american-bill-millers-bid-statement-in-full/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Somehow the administrators say this bid is credible.

However his statement says

Facts about my bid:

"Of the three qualified bidders, I am the only bidder who refused to entertain offers from Ticketus or engage in discussions with Craig Whyte."

Craig Whyte is the majority share holder and controls most assets. How can a bid be credible without his agreement ?

Sandy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: