blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605181 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: August 27, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »

There was a moment in the second half that summed the last couple of years up quite neatly. The TV feed showed Wenger lean in to Steve Bould and ask him three questions, Bould answer was to shake his head and say, 'I don't know'. Wenger desperately needs someone alongside him who does know. One of his biggest weaknesses is his inability to surround himself with people who can add value. Bould is an embarrassment.

That's a major breakthrough.

I don't think I have seen them even speak in two years!! Shocked

Haha - quite funny, turned to my neph today and said "Bould's probably sat there earning 500k a year, he  can fk off'. He can and take Arsene with him

According to google, Bould 'earns' £1.5m a year, so chortleworthy. Makes me feel good about stopping contributing via Sky and going to the odd game live. OTOH, I did pop to the local to watch today's debacle. Really not kidding but some of the Sunday teams I played for just couldn't have conceded that 3rd goal. Mupppppppppettttttttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssssssssssss.

Upside was a few pints and a very reasonably priced Beef Massaman from one of the local Thai brides.. and that's not a euphemism.

Happy days

Glad you at least got a happy ending despite the result.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:45:43 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: August 27, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »

Two of the best players in the world currently, Ronaldo and Suarez, wanted to leave Man Utd and Liverpool the season before they actually did.

Their clubs made them stay an extra season and they both performed brilliantly in their last season.

These are players worth spending the big money on.

Totally different situation for both Ronaldo and Suarez.

Ronaldo signed a new 5 year contract for United in April 07.   Ronaldo wanted to leave after his best season in 2007/2008 when still 4 years left. Ferguson and Quiroz then agreed he could go 1 year later.

Suarez joined Liverpool in Jan 11 and signed a 5 1/2 year contract. The Arsenal fiasco was 1 1/2 years later when he still had 4 years left. He did also sign another contract during 13/14.

So their position was totally different to Sanchez. Arsenal would have been aware way before the end of last season that Sanchez wanted away because he wouldn't sign  a new contract. It is also open knowledge (certainly in Manchester)  that he has been City's prime transfer target for the last 6 months and probably didn't expect to play for Arsenal again after the Cup Final. Despite the contract situation Sanchez finished last season on fire after he had settled his fall out with Wenger
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: August 28, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »

gosh

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »

fair?

Henry Winter ‏Verified account @henrywinter

Surrenders like this stem from a lack of accountability at #afc. Kroenke doesn't challenge Wenger. Wenger doesn't challenge players. #LIVARS

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: August 28, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »

Arsene Wenger hints at private issues affecting Arsenal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/arsene-wenger-hints-private-issues-affecting-arsenal-unacceptable/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: August 28, 2017, 08:46:01 AM »

Jamie Carragher slams Arsenal's players as 'cowards' and insists Arsene Wenger should have left in the summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4828020/Jamie-Carragher-slams-Arsenal-s-players-cowards.html

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: August 28, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »

Two of the best players in the world currently, Ronaldo and Suarez, wanted to leave Man Utd and Liverpool the season before they actually did.

Their clubs made them stay an extra season and they both performed brilliantly in their last season.

Ronaldo signed a new 5 year contract for United in April 07.   Ronaldo wanted to leave after his best season in 2007/2008 when still 4 years left. Ferguson and Quiroz then agreed he could go 1 year later.

Suarez joined Liverpool in Jan 11 and signed a 5 1/2 year contract. The Arsenal fiasco was 1 1/2 years later when he still had 4 years left. He did also sign another contract during 13/14.

So their position was totally different to Sanchez. Arsenal would have been aware way before the end of last season that Sanchez wanted away because he wouldn't sign  a new contract. It is also open knowledge (certainly in Manchester)  that he has been City's prime transfer target for the last 6 months and probably didn't expect to play for Arsenal again after the Cup Final. Despite the contract situation Sanchez finished last season on fire after he had settled his fall out with Wenger

Sanchez has signed a contract. He has one year left. Unless the team he plays wants to sell him, the situation is no different to either Suarez or Ronaldo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: August 28, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »

Sanchez has signed a contract. He has one year left. Unless the team he plays wants to sell him, the situation is no different to either Suarez or Ronaldo.

Apart from Man United getting 100m, Liverpool 75m and Arsenal getting zilch. Seems huge when they will have to spend 50 on a replacement.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: August 28, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »

In these silly times, £50m won't get a replacement for Sanchez.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »

Lol we don't get a replacement for Sanchez, nobody of that level is going to be coming here any time soon.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »

Is it just me or is Sanchez completely overrated? Doesn't seem to be in the same league as the top 10 players in the workd

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

Absolutely in terms of the legalities of the contract but you were putting Ronaldo and Suarez on a pedestal as if they have some sort of moral high ground for professionalism.

They were the ones agitating for a transfer just 12 months into long term contracts. Meanwhile Sanchez has said he won't sign a new contract and has a not unreasonable expectation that his club will cash in now rather than letting him walk away for a free in 12 months. Personally, I have far more sympathy for the latter than the former.

As for giving it 100%. He did at the end of last season. I'm not sure you can draw any conclusions about yesterday.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: August 28, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »

Is it just me or is Sanchez completely overrated? Doesn't seem to be in the same league as the top 10 players in the workd

Who is overrating him?

I've no idea who are the top 10 players in the world and how you would rank them and what relevance it has to anything.

I do know and I'm sure most would agree that he is one of the top players in the Premier League and had an outstanding season last year. And that is why it is public knowledge that City, PSG and Bayern have shown interest in him. No doubt there are other clubs as well but they often don't declare an interest if they have no chance of signing him.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: August 28, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »

I just don't see how he would get into those kind of teams.

PSG I would say he has no chance, City I wouldn't take him above Jesus or Aguero. Bayern have a plethora of players I'd imagine would be ahead of him.

He seems a little bit inconsistent and when the going gets tough he seems to be a little bit too stroppy, like Neville said yesterday, throwing his arms around after 5 minutes and poor for last 6/7 months.

I think top 10 players in world simply walk into any team in the world, I think he'd struggle to get in City, Spurs, Liverpool, Uniteds team, wouldn't be a guaranteed starter like Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard etc

Maybe it's best is PSG really do want to pay £100m or so to get rid of him and rebuild the team, it really looks shocking atm.

Why did Kolasniack not play? Belle run LWB? Monreal CB? OxladenRWB? Ozil and Sanchez just aren't the right players to play in a front 3 imo, and Ramsey as a centre midfielder who should be forced to sit in is such a bad selection.

I think of any player was sold asides perhaps Koscielny it wouldn't be a disaster or a big loss st all.

Compare that with
Ericksen, Kane, Alli, alderwield, demebele
Kompany, de bruyne, silva, aguero, Jesus
Luiz, Kanye, hazard, azpi
Mane, firminho, coutinho, salah

There is a huge spine missing throughout the team and it seems like there is just extremely bizarre selections, formations.

Wenger has to go and they need a full new team I think.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: August 28, 2017, 03:38:51 PM »

I just don't see how he would get into those kind of teams.

PSG I would say he has no chance, City I wouldn't take him above Jesus or Aguero. Bayern have a plethora of players I'd imagine would be ahead of him.

He seems a little bit inconsistent and when the going gets tough he seems to be a little bit too stroppy, like Neville said yesterday, throwing his arms around after 5 minutes and poor for last 6/7 months.

I think top 10 players in world simply walk into any team in the world, I think he'd struggle to get in City, Spurs, Liverpool, Uniteds team, wouldn't be a guaranteed starter like Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard etc

Maybe it's best is PSG really do want to pay £100m or so to get rid of him and rebuild the team, it really looks shocking atm.

Why did Kolasniack not play? Belle run LWB? Monreal CB? OxladenRWB? Ozil and Sanchez just aren't the right players to play in a front 3 imo, and Ramsey as a centre midfielder who should be forced to sit in is such a bad selection.

I think of any player was sold asides perhaps Koscielny it wouldn't be a disaster or a big loss st all.

Compare that with
Ericksen, Kane, Alli, alderwield, demebele
Kompany, de bruyne, silva, aguero, Jesus
Luiz, Kanye, hazard, azpi
Mane, firminho, coutinho, salah

There is a huge spine missing throughout the team and it seems like there is just extremely bizarre selections, formations.

Wenger has to go and they need a full new team I think.

As much as I like Gary Neville if he said Sanchez was poor for the last 6 or 7 months I'd suggest he was talking out of his backside and that was just hyperbole to make his point. I stand to be corrected by any Arsenal fan on here who has watched every minute of every game he has played. I know he was a clear winner of the Arsenal Player of the Year, shortlisted for PFA and FW POTY etc. I recall there was a wobble (Feb/March time?) but he finished the season very, strongly. Certainly that was the case if measured by his output - 10 goals in the last 2 1/2 months. And talking about output, his numbers (whilst not always telling the full story) for the full season were pretty sensational. All comps he had 49 golals and assists (30gls + 19 assts). Only players anywhere near from the non out and out strikers were Alli 35, Eriksen 35, Son 31 and Sterling 31.

If he does join City this week of course he will be a regular starter but he will rotated like the rest of them. It is not a case of him being better or not  than Jesus or Aguero because it is more than ever a squad game. City will widely rotate with their front players this year - Sanchez (if he comes), Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Aguero, B Silva.  The clear and stated objective is that they can cover form, injury, fatigue  and suspensions by always having a quality front line and having the flexibility to play different systems.  Oh, Sanchez is perfect for a Pep front 3.

I agree with you about Wenger's selections yesterday. Weird.

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: