blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:38:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 603150 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: October 16, 2016, 11:00:47 AM »

I absolutely love and totally identify with this piece.

http://arseblog.com/2016/10/arsene-wenger-like-dad/#

Just got round to reading this - really good piece and exactly how I feel. I've started to feel like I want to leave home and not be so influenced but I think he could talk me round :-)

He quote's a Hornby line early in the piece where becoming obsessed with football was 'like putting a few eggs in the masculinity basket' . When I was 8 I hadn't really even heard of football when I was challenged by the hard lad at school in Cyprus (ex-pats) 'who do you support ?'. After a discussion I agreed that I was a massive Arsenal fan. First year home in England and 'we' won the double - sealed the deal for me :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »

I thought that red card for Xhaka's professional foul on the half-way line seemed very harsh although they are now saying that a deliberate foul with no attempt to win the ball is now a red-card offence under a new directive this season. Can this really be the first time that it's happened during the entire season?

If the red card seems harsh then the ensuing three-game ban appears to be completely OTT as preventing a goal-scoring opportunity only warrants a one-game ban.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 17, 2016, 08:57:01 PM »

I thought that red card for Xhaka's professional foul on the half-way line seemed very harsh although they are now saying that a deliberate foul with no attempt to win the ball is now a red-card offence under a new directive this season. Can this really be the first time that it's happened during the entire season?

If the red card seems harsh then the ensuing three-game ban appears to be completely OTT as preventing a goal-scoring opportunity only warrants a one-game ban.

Yeah that's an anomaly.  1 game for hacking someone down clean through and 3 games for doing it in you own half.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 18, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »

6 on the spin, very nice.

I'm thinking a few more seasons with The Great Man, maybe another Trophy or two, & then, once he has got Everton into the Top 6 three seasons in a row, Mr Koeman can take over. 

You have at least started to acknowledge the end is in sight and  you have picked a very worthy replacement.

Maybe when we are top at Christmas and half our defence and Theo are injured, and AW says our squad is big enough to cope, yet he buys no one, you will then become fully enlightened. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 18, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »

6 on the spin, very nice.

I'm thinking a few more seasons with The Great Man, maybe another Trophy or two, & then, once he has got Everton into the Top 6 three seasons in a row, Mr Koeman can take over. 

You have at least started to acknowledge the end is in sight and  you have picked a very worthy replacement.

Maybe when we are top at Christmas and half our defence and Theo are injured, and AW says our squad is big enough to cope, yet he buys no one, you will then become fully enlightened. Wink

Absolutely, another trophy or two & that'll do nicely. And, let's be honest, that won't take long, will it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 20, 2016, 09:59:05 PM »

I really enjoy this guy's thoughtful and perceptive analysis:

http://arseblog.com/2016/10/parsingmidfielders/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 21, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

Did anyone see the interview with Arsene after the 6-0 affair the other night?

Beaning from ear to ear, with that lovely twinkle in his eye.

The Sanchez goal was a delight, too, proper purler.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 22, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »

Many Happy Returns Arsene - 67 years young today. 

Three points later, closely followed by a three-year contract extension would be a fitting present for the great man.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 22, 2016, 10:05:22 PM »

One point against Boro at home somehow seems more fitting

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 22, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »

Not an Arsenal fan so doesn't qualify as a bite - but you're defo number 1 troll on these threads Bedi.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 23, 2016, 12:43:48 AM »

Not an Arsenal fan so doesn't qualify as a bite - but you're defo number 1 troll on these threads Bedi.

Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 23, 2016, 01:24:55 AM »

Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 23, 2016, 01:30:02 AM »

Cheesy

He can't help it Alex, his view is now obscured by a bus  Cheesy Grin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 24, 2016, 06:04:36 PM »

a report from today's AGM

Arsenal majority owner Stan Kroenke has clearly signalled his desire to keep Arsene Wenger beyond the end of this season by describing the club’s board as “very high” on their manager and admitting that he will be an extremely hard act to follow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/24/arsenal-owner-stan-kroenke-wants-arsene-wenger-to-stay-at-club-b/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 29, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »

Great performance today despite Martin Atkinson's best efforts - some of his decisions were baffling to say the least.

Alexis superb all game and HFB scored with his first two touches as sub. Rambo got some minutes too.

Bulgaria midweek followed by that rabble up the road next weekend.

COYG

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: