blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600570 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: April 20, 2018, 05:38:29 PM »

Paul Merson “I can see him being manager at PSG next year”

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 20, 2018, 07:37:04 PM »

Brendan Rodgers' price for the job is shortening alarmingly - perish the thought!

Time for the board to insert a younger man - Eddie Howe perhaps - who just happens to have my Ayrton @33/1 invested.

Howe would be awesome.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 20, 2018, 11:36:02 PM »

I've had small punts on Enrique (20/1) and Nagelsmann (33/1). I'm surprised Tuchel is so short, according to Honigstein/other respected German footy sources one of the primary reasons he left Dortmund is that his working relationship with Sven Mislintat broke down.  
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 21, 2018, 06:09:51 AM »

Brendan Rodgers' price for the job is shortening alarmingly - perish the thought!

Time for the board to insert a younger man - Eddie Howe perhaps - who just happens to have my Ayrton @33/1 invested.

Howe would be awesome.

If I were a Arsenal fan I'd want a manager with a proven record in Europe. A big name who can not only carry sway with their top players, but also attract new big players. I don't think Howe or Rogers fits that bill.

I reckon it's too soon for Viera, but could possibly see him as assistant.

I think it's perfect timing for the announcement as now al the players will be trying their hardest for Wenger if they like him, or if they don't just to impress the next manager/get into CL
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 21, 2018, 12:46:00 PM »

Wenger paid '£11m to leave Arsenal at the end of the season' because he did not want to quit the club https://dailym.ai/2qQ2O6t

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 21, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »

Wonder how much AW is worth?  He must be right at the top of the 'rich list' in English football.  Can't be many ahead of him.  Rooney/Beckham and a few others.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:27 PM »

Wenger paid '£11m to leave Arsenal at the end of the season' because he did not want to quit the club https://dailym.ai/2qQ2O6t

You are so fond of quoting stories from the daily fail I'm starting to think you must be a subscriber.

Apart from that why would anyone want to put a negative spin on the great man's dignified career at this particular moment?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 21, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »

You are so fond of quoting stories from the daily fail I'm starting to think you must be a subscriber.

Apart from that why would anyone want to put a negative spin on the great man's dignified career at this particular moment?

i quote from dozens of news outlets

stop being such a snowflake!

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: April 21, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »

"Stop being such a snowflake" says the man who got all huffy about Vardy being referred to as Steptoe.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: April 21, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »

"Stop being such a snowflake" says the man who got all huffy about Vardy being referred to as Steptoe.

i sourced a sensible article, as always. worth of debate

Vardy = Steptoe is just mindless drivel

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 21, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »

struggling to see why paying him the last year of his contract is a story

but it is Sami Mokbel in the Mail so makes more sense
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 21, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »

i sourced a sensible article, as always. worth of debate

Vardy = Steptoe is just mindless drivel

The specific timing of an article about a man who has never broken a contract in his life being paid out the final year of his existing deal = mindless drivel to me.

I found the Steptoe jibe quite amusing as he sure does bear a striking resemblance.

One man's meat etc.

Next you'll be telling me that all of those lookalikes in your justifiably acclaimed live poker updates - which I also thoroughly enjoyed - were mindless drivel too.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:28:09 PM by Karabiner » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 21, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »

oh, absolutely they are

completely inane.

the Vardy one came from a desire to derogatory, mine were out of affection and a desire to produce a good product

such distinctions obviously a bit subtle for some

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 22, 2018, 11:45:53 PM »

Before any links to quotes out of context from redtops with agendas get posted here is an accurate reportage of what Arsene Wenger actually said in his press conference:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43859032

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 23, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »

Today's back-page headline from The Times;

"Fan protests cost me my job, says Wenger"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: