blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  $1,000,000 Buy-in Tournament!?!?!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1,000,000 Buy-in Tournament!?!?!!  (Read 6371 times)
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »

$1,000,000 buy-in tournament???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128760/Only-highest-rollers-To-walk-biggest-prize-poker-youll-need-cool-1million--thats-just-buy-in.html

It's even made the national news!!

...staking request to follow shortly Smiley

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »

11% capped at 48 atm, and had 30 runners according to 2+2

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »

Played with a guy last night at dtd whose regged for it.  Paul levey - founder of ocean finance
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »

Played with a guy last night at dtd whose regged for it.  Paul levey - founder of ocean finance

One of my mates was sat on Larry Lobster and these two guys came up. Guy A gives guy B 4 bag in £50's and tells him to play the bandit till it pays the jackpot and if he can manage to lose all the money he will give him a £400 wage for his time. He then told my mate he won $1 million on a fruity in Vegas lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:25:06 PM »

With 20 non pros it's starting to get to the point for a Dubai staking thread

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »

I wonder if the Daily Mail paid for those images
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »

With 30 players, this will have a bigger first prize than the main event.  A few more and the winner could easily be the highest earning tournament poker player ever.  In the circumstances, it would feel very strange if it was an absolute random who took it down.   At least when Jamie Gold catapulted himself to the top of the rankings he had to beat several thousand people to do so.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »

With 30 players, this will have a bigger first prize than the main event.  A few more and the winner could easily be the highest earning tournament poker player ever.  In the circumstances, it would feel very strange if it was an absolute random who took it down.   At least when Jamie Gold catapulted himself to the top of the rankings he had to beat several thousand people to do so.

Who cares?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

Who cares?

I don't really, I just found it a little weird when I thought about it. 

I must post stop posting so much...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »

Who cares?

I don't really, I just found it a little weird when I thought about it. 

I must post stop posting so much...

Doesn't matter who takes it down, as long as it's not Erik Seidel, the money will go back into the poker community eventually...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »

idk if Trickett or Ivey wins im not so sure it'll flooding back to the poker world...

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

idk if Trickett or Ivey wins im not so sure it'll flooding back to the poker world...

You maybe right, With Ivey it'll go on the craps table and Trickett will buy an island or something... 

But on a serious note, gambling in the U.S will be legalized soon, with other countries to follow suit, this will create the nose bleed stakes that we witnessed on FT before black Friday.. $12 Million isn't a lot when playing a regular $5k-10k game and on a down swing.. 

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 01:20:36 AM »

You maybe right, With Ivey it'll go on the craps table and Trickett will buy an island or something... 

But on a serious note, gambling in the U.S will be legalized soon, with other countries to follow suit, this will create the nose bleed stakes that we witnessed on FT before black Friday.. $12 Million isn't a lot when playing a regular $5k-10k game and on a down swing.. 

I wonder what the biggest regular game in the world is

doubt it will be anywhere near 5k 10k

Just me
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 01:41:31 AM »

i dont know but i think i was reading in one of the magazines the other week that one of the biggest reg games is in macau and is like 1600/3200 USD i think wouldnt put my house on it though!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »

i dont know but i think i was reading in one of the magazines the other week that one of the biggest reg games is in macau and is like 1600/3200 USD i think wouldnt put my house on it though!

FML.... 1600/3200 USD ring game, in a place full of people wanting to gamble and get it in must be crazy... I read somewhere that Larry Flint held a regular game with blinds of 2k/4k which sometimes involved a straddle of 1k to force the action.  Also heard there are some huge irregular invitational games that happen in India (Rob Angoods blog) but with countries like Russia, Nigeria, India and China who have lots of young cash billionaires, we can only speculate but never know for sure... 

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: