blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars UKIPT Nottingham £1m Guaranteed: The Final
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars UKIPT Nottingham £1m Guaranteed: The Final  (Read 77712 times)
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »

Say first dude is shoving 22+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,A7o+,KTo+

second dude calling (bizarrely) 55+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,A8o+,KJo+

Q7o is about 23% vs those ranges.

So he needs just over 3:1 pot odds to call to make it +cEV

yeh i got similar results on near identical ranges. I was probably a little hasty in my first look. He probably needs like 29% getting 2.33/1 here, interestingly (or not) 9Ts would be a mandatory call.

@whollyflush on twitter
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 16, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »

Just finished reading the updates.... Tighty you are an absolute star.Superb effort - There are none who are your equal.  Congrats to those who made th money and especially the final table..........epic!

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

Robert Baguley has beaten Iqbal Ahmed heads up to win UKIPT Nottingham, taking home £210,400 – the biggest prize awarded at a UKIPT Main Event. Baguley, 60, is a retired landlord from Leicestershire who plays at host venue Dusk Till Dawn regularly – although usually for a maximum of £20! He qualified via a £100 live satellite and has overcome tough opposition after four long days of tournament poker.

All three starting flights at Dusk Till Dawn filled the club to capacity, with a total of 1,625 entrants creating a prizepool of £1,137,500 – the largest live field ever at a PokerStars sponsored event, £1m Guaranteed by DTD themselves.

Click here to view the full list of all 207 paid positions and their prizes.

Visit ukipt.com for player lists, gallery and finalist player profiles.

Baguley started the final table second to last in chips, while with more than three times his stack Iqbal Ahmed looked unstoppable. He had been in first place in the chip rankings since Day 2. After a dramatic fall-and-comeback combination, during the latter part of which he eliminated four players in quick succession, Ahmed started the heads up back with a 2:1 lead. Baguley, however, took down every key pot thereafter until finally eliminating the professional online player after just four levels of play at the final table.

Even Ahmed’s £125,000 runner-up prize surpasses Gareth Walker’s first place money here last year, the final table in total awarding £676,450.

http://blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/28227

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The_Don90

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

Robert Baguley has beaten Iqbal Ahmed heads up to win UKIPT Nottingham, taking home £210,400 – the biggest prize awarded at a UKIPT Main Event. Baguley, 60, is a retired landlord from Leicestershire who plays at host venue Dusk Till Dawn regularly – although usually for a maximum of £20! He qualified via a £100 live satellite and has overcome tough opposition after four long days of tournament poker.

All three starting flights at Dusk Till Dawn filled the club to capacity, with a total of 1,625 entrants creating a prizepool of £1,137,500 – the largest live field ever at a PokerStars sponsored event, £1m Guaranteed by DTD themselves.

Click here to view the full list of all 207 paid positions and their prizes.

Visit ukipt.com for player lists, gallery and finalist player profiles.

Baguley started the final table second to last in chips, while with more than three times his stack Iqbal Ahmed looked unstoppable. He had been in first place in the chip rankings since Day 2. After a dramatic fall-and-comeback combination, during the latter part of which he eliminated four players in quick succession, Ahmed started the heads up back with a 2:1 lead. Baguley, however, took down every key pot thereafter until finally eliminating the professional online player after just four levels of play at the final table.

Even Ahmed’s £125,000 runner-up prize surpasses Gareth Walker’s first place money here last year, the final table in total awarding £676,450.

http://blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/28227

Very well done to all the final tablists, and a great blog tighty. Really enjoyed reading since i came home.
colgate
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

Tighty excellent work once more, great updates, shame I could not have pushed on even further but hey may be next time.  Would like to thank all for their support, looking forward to next tourn.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: