blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Live staking interest wondering...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live staking interest wondering...  (Read 13062 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Gotta say, the insane edge thing, felt like something I initially wanted to be quite scathing about but as per Keys points I (consistent with the general mood here) toned it down and tried to be constructive. Nothing wrong with that imo. Helps me on the path to reduced trolling quotient too.

Whilst you have a few people here letting you know when you're heading towards the delusional you won't go far wrong :-)

You're response is great tbf - love the fact you listen, then the positivity and a 'don't let anything grind you down' mentality has got to be good.

Wish you all the best and let me know when you're taking shots as I'd take modest pieces from time to time

sola virtus nobilitat
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

Gotta say, the insane edge thing, felt like something I initially wanted to be quite scathing about but as per Keys points I (consistent with the general mood here) toned it down and tried to be constructive. Nothing wrong with that imo. Helps me on the path to reduced trolling quotient too.

Whilst you have a few people here letting you know when you're heading towards the delusional you won't go far wrong :-)

You're response is great tbf - love the fact you listen, then the positivity and a 'don't let anything grind you down' mentality has got to be good.

Wish you all the best and let me know when you're taking shots as I'd take modest pieces from time to time

Thanks, we've actually played a few times together... Glen I think isn't it?

I remember seeing you for the first time since your long time away from the game.... and I'm glad to hear you are healing well and feeling better sir.

To be completely honest, I used to be a proper tool at the tables.  The everyday 'wanabe superstar' who might have a decent IQ but can't get anything quietly and has to show off how clever he is.... which in turn shows he hasn't even grown up let alone learnt to use any real intelect.

I am very very different these days and one of the best people to comment on that.. is Celtic.... wherever he is.

Thank you for your confidence and I'm building a note of people 'interested' in any sort of pieces and I will likely from this thread look to grind the <£100's on my own... do some online bits and sell bigger.

I really hope that the other commenters from pre today can come back and give me their impressions/ replies....

And fwiw David Nicholson, I think your super.  You are giving us all diabetes... but WTF! who cares... ty sir.  You are a gent and a scholar.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »

Thanks, we've actually played a few times together... Glen I think isn't it?

I remember seeing you for the first time since your long time away from the game.... and I'm glad to hear you are healing well and feeling better sir.

To be completely honest, I used to be a proper tool at the tables.  The everyday 'wanabe superstar' who might have a decent IQ but can't get anything quietly and has to show off how clever he is.... which in turn shows he hasn't even grown up let alone learnt to use any real intelect.

I am very very different these days and one of the best people to comment on that.. is Celtic.... wherever he is.

Thank you for your confidence and I'm building a note of people 'interested' in any sort of pieces and I will likely from this thread look to grind the <£100's on my own... do some online bits and sell bigger.

I really hope that the other commenters from pre today can come back and give me their impressions/ replies....

And fwiw David Nicholson, I think your super.  You are giving us all diabetes... but WTF! who cares... ty sir.  You are a gent and a scholar.

Would strongly recommend you don't bother grinding smaller tourns at places like Luton. Only really worth playing as a social outing I would think.

Definitely worth focusing on bigger value tourns at DTD and in the various tours. I'd be pretty certain that the best prep to do well in these is online rather than dulling your senses and increasing frustration levels by playing smaller live tourns closer to home.

lol at me respecting an opinion from Vinny, I'll ask Hamed about you instead :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »

lol at me respecting an opinion from Vinny, I'll ask Hamed about you instead :-)

Sigh @ hamed ever having something of value to add except - "he cheated me, he had KQ on Kxx when I had K10.. poker is rigged..."

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 07:11:51 PM »

Tunica is in Tennessee, not Texas.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »

Plus I swear to God if I read too many more of lildave's posts he's going to give me diabetes, so I wanted to balance that out too. Glad you took it well Smiley

im just so bored during the job hunt.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »

Plus I swear to God if I read too many more of lildave's posts he's going to give me diabetes, so I wanted to balance that out too. Glad you took it well Smiley

im just so bored during the job hunt.
Can I come be your personal assistant when you get one? Starting sept plz Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2012, 06:54:17 AM »

I just try and help people but I'm well and truly over it. No-one even replies to the hands I post on PHA, I feel like it's a one way street with me and blonde I like everyone on here and thats the only reason I persist with PHA,

Probs a lot of people feel under qualified to reply to your threads Dave. If you want to post up some 14bbs deep SNG hands I'll be happy to contribute Smiley

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »

I just try and help people but I'm well and truly over it. No-one even replies to the hands I post on PHA, I feel like it's a one way street with me and blonde I like everyone on here and thats the only reason I persist with PHA,

Probs a lot of people feel under qualified to reply to your threads Dave. If you want to post up some 14bbs deep SNG hands I'll be happy to contribute Smiley
Yeah very much under qualified and fear of ridicule. You are single right Dave. I can start a thread "what word Herbie do" if you find yourself in any awkward or uncomfortable situations with the ladies then you could refer to it and I could talk you through the nut line to take. Smiley  always here for you

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

my bad I dont really think that I was tilted lol

<3 blonde but I'd abso love to get more active threads going on PHA - when I post hands I don't ACTUALLY really want to know the best thing to do (I mean I do, but I have adecent idea already) I'm posting them because I thought they might spark some interesting discussion but no-one ever bites Cheesy

BITE MORE peoples. BITE!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »

when I post hands I don't ACTUALLY really want to know the best thing to do  I have adecent idea already)

And that's your problem

The older I get, the better I was.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »

If you want some MTT  "getting it in bad " strategies ...Im your man !
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

when I post hands I don't ACTUALLY really want to know the best thing to do  I have adecent idea already)

And that's your problem

How is that the problem? I could easily just not post. It's not like they are brag posts or I wait for everyones answers then disagree with them.

I take the time to think, wow that's an interesting hand I'll mark it and post it on blonde maybe an interesting discussion will arise but everyone has this feeling of elitism in poker where they can't comment on hands if they are higher stakes or w/e. Everyone should comment on every thread they have an opinion on and it would make for a fantastic section of the site. I was just trying to encourage a bit more of it but I guess when something is interesting and everyone has an opinion it'll happen shouldn't try force it.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »

And that's your problem

How is that the problem? I could easily just not post. It's not like they are brag posts or I wait for everyones answers then disagree with them.

I take the time to think, wow that's an interesting hand I'll mark it and post it on blonde maybe an interesting discussion will arise but everyone has this feeling of elitism in poker where they can't comment on hands if they are higher stakes or w/e. Everyone should comment on every thread they have an opinion on and it would make for a fantastic section of the site. I was just trying to encourage a bit more of it but I guess when something is interesting and everyone has an opinion it'll happen shouldn't try force it.

I think its great that you are being so humble Dave , as there is obviously a lot of one up manship in the poker world where ridicule is sometimes the norm .

A similar thing happens on the betting forum...I quite often submit my fancies/selections and some people to tend to rip them to shreds with such an acid tongue that one wonders..."Whats the point of posting in first place ?"   It doesnt matter if they agree or not or if the picks win or lose..people need to understand that by having access to the information & opinions it is generally for their benefit and everybody else reading.

By registering an opinion or opening a thread etc you are effectively a sitting duck, as people mainly home in on the negative rather than accentuate the positive ,however I still have faith in mankind and think that all discussion is healthy.

Debate of course is the very nature of a forum so I suggest that you ,me and others should keep on posting regardless of adversity.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

And that's your problem

I think you're missing my point young David.

I think that players are reluctant to offer advice to someone who probably knows the best line anyway.

That's all I was saying.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: