blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GPS Edinburgh package SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GPS Edinburgh package SOLD OUT  (Read 5642 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »

Genting are worth squillions of £'s. Why would they want 50% of someone's min cash. I doubt that their sponsored players have to give back 50%. But as you say it's a free extra promotion so suited jock is getting a spin at 50% of the prize pool just for taking out Joe so it can't be that bad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »

An aside

what is the point of winning the bounty seat if GPS are going to take 50% of any result?

All you get in exchange is to be interviewed by Marty, have a photograph and wear a polo shirt?

Seems a lot less valuable than just winning a normal satellite seat and keeping 100%?

I have  got a couple of seats from sats
was planning on playing stoke or Sheffield and or on line
had the bounty spam and  had played one with no joy

Did not realise this small print existed  will not be playing any more of these

of to read spam to see if it is obvious

this was spam email think its really bad it doesnt say win 50% of a £430 BUY IN

"Joe Beevers - with a cool £430 Bounty

This week Joe "The Elegance" Beevers steps into the Bounty Hunter's sights, playing our new Sunday GPS Bounty Tournament.

Not only can you qualify for a £430 token for a GPS event of your choice, but if you knock out Joe you will also win an added value sponsored seat, which is added on top of any prize pool generated!  You could experience what it is like being a sponsored player!
Tournament Name: GPS Bounty Sat
Time: Every Sunday 6pm
Buy-in: £20+£2 with £10 R/A
This Weeks Bounty: Joe Beevers (nickname: Joe Beevers)

Last week's GPS Bounty Satellite generated 2 seats from the prize pool plus, the added value seat for LiveGrinderK when he knocked out the bounty player!"

When / if you click through for more details it does explain

"Note: The seat you are winning is a sponsored seat, therefore you will play as a sponsored player. 50% of any money you win as a sponsored player in that event will be paid back to your sponsor (Genting), but remember the Bounty seat is ADDED value, it is not being deducted from the Satellite prize pool."

think it would be better if this was contained within main email rather than a click thro

Good Post...this just shows how ambiguous  and mis leading their spam e mail was. A couple more people have since contacted me and told me they had won a seat too but were unaware of the 50% clause

The following line is pretty bad especially if you have to travel all the way to Edinburgh.
"Note: The seat you are winning is a sponsored seat, therefore you will play as a sponsored player. 50% of any money you win as a sponsored player in that event will be paid back to your sponsor (Genting), but remember the Bounty seat is ADDED value, it is not being deducted from the Satellite prize pool."

"A couple more people"??....there has only been two "bounty sats" so far....one of which was won by Suited Jock.

"travel all the way to Edinburgh".... as I said before you can use this £430 token for any leg including the online leg in your front room. Smiley , or even transfer it.

With a sponsored seat, there are obviously going to be some t&c to it, and all the "spam" I've seen, has these attached or linked.

At the end of the day, its  added value when playing in a satellite for at least one GTD "normal" seat.

Their e mails suggest they won seats ...could of been Fox Club or Star City if not Edinburgh not sure till I speak with them  but what they both confirm is they were not aware of the 50% clause.

As with any freeroll The deal would be fine if the terms were transparant from the outset .

In regards to "there are obviously going to be some t&cs" well its fair to say that  some players would know that sometimes conditions apply ( you may be asked have to wear their logo etc) but not obvious to most recreational or new players who normally are the very people playing the satelites.

Regardless...good luck to anybody who plays...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:52:15 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: