blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £150 £50,000 Deepstack Mid-May :Day 2 and Final
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £150 £50,000 Deepstack Mid-May :Day 2 and Final  (Read 71409 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

I think Wadey's "Anyone else I call" remark has sparked a bit of controversy - rightly so, it could be interpreted as collusion, and if so, it's a serious issue that needs to be discussed.

However, I don't think there was any collusion involved. A remark like that could just mean "You've been the tightest player at the table, I'd call anyone else". FTR, I only watched the final from 3 handed so I don't know whether that's actually true and Gary had been playing tight, I'm just suggesting another possible reason for Wadeys comment.

Maybe Wadey had a read that Gary had a big hand, maybe he thought Gary would be a threat if he doubled him and didn't want to give it to him cheaply, maybe he wanted to preserve his big stack.

Another reason I don't think there was any collusion is the way Gary busted. Wadey raised K9 suited and Gary shoved QQ, Wadey called instantly (he wasn't "priced in" either, it was a larger shove than before when wadey folded A9). Wadey hit a King and fistpumped - he didn't seem to care about knocking his "buddy" out then.

I also don't even think Wadey and Gary are close mates anyway - I've never seen them hang out, they don't play in the same games either - just because they're regulars doesn't mean they're going to collude. The only link is Frankie and beause Frankie stakes Gary and Wadey and Frankie are good mates maybe there's something there but I just don't think there was any soft play. Wadey played hard and fast all tournament against everyone, one fold which was perhaps a call mathematically but by no means clear cut, is not enough to create an uproar imo. Just my 2cents.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:41:10 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

Having been part of the final table with Wadey and Mark I can confirm there was def no collusion. Just because he gave up on a hand whilst stating "anyone else I call" means nothing in this situation.

Ah! The element of surprise
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »

I've played with Wadey quite a few times. Heard him say that quite a few times to be fair.

Not much to be taken from it.
covphoenix
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »

Played my first deepstack this weekend and have to say it was one of the best comps ive played in. Finished 22nd so a decent start so ill be back for more.
Well done to Wadey who i played with on both days. Clear from early on the second day that he was going to tough to beat
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

I think Wadey's "Anyone else I call" remark has sparked a bit of controversy - rightly so, it could be interpreted as collusion, and if so, it's a serious issue that needs to be discussed.

However, I don't think there was any collusion involved. A remark like that could just mean "You've been the tightest player at the table, I'd call anyone else". FTR, I only watched the final from 3 handed so I don't know whether that's actually true and Gary had been playing tight, I'm just suggesting another possible reason for Wadeys comment.

Maybe Wadey had a read that Gary had a big hand, maybe he thought Gary would be a threat if he doubled him and didn't want to give it to him cheaply, maybe he wanted to preserve his big stack.

Another reason I don't think there was any collusion is the way Gary busted. Wadey raised K9 suited and Gary shoved QQ, Wadey called instantly (he wasn't "priced in" either, it was a larger shove than before when wadey folded A9). Wadey hit a King and fistpumped - he didn't seem to care about knocking his "buddy" out then.

I also don't even think Wadey and Gary are close mates anyway - I've never seen them hang out, they don't play in the same games either - just because they're regulars doesn't mean they're going to collude. The only link is Frankie and beause Frankie stakes Gary and Wadey and Frankie are good mates maybe there's something there but I just don't think there was any soft play. Wadey played hard and fast all tournament against everyone, one fold which was perhaps a call mathematically but by no means clear cut, is not enough to create an uproar imo. Just my 2cents.

ALL MAKE SENSE. u got it alex. gaz play to win and so does wadey.

a lot of people talk only when they c something like yersterday. i think they r right to have their opinions.
the same as the last MC between me and jack..
let them talk, i dfont care.
thank for ur comment. +1000000000000 agreed
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »

Only + 1000000000000 agreed?

If you really meant it you would agree + 10000000000000.

The older I get, the better I was.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Only + 1000000000000 agreed?

If you really meant it you would agree + 10000000000000.

lol tom..let it b +10000000000000
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »

Lol at anyone thinking Wadey would collude. If he had put his mum in the comp he would still knock her out. Wadey plays it straight, honest and with a little bit of greed and I like that. He is a good mate and when we play together he ain't giving anyone an easy ride. If he thinks he is good he will call you and take your chips no matter who you are. He uses the line "anyone else and i call" frequently and it's always when he thinks he is behind.

Can't wait for Chippyman to win one of the deepstacks coz it's gonna come soon, you heard it hear first Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »

Nice to find a structure that at last gives lots of final table play! Have do do a 30 min clock day 1 though with this structure.  Thank you WSOP Smiley
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »

Nice to find a structure that at last gives lots of final table play! Have do do a 30 min clock day 1 though with this structure.  Thank you WSOP Smiley

Subtle change of wording there with a quick edit. lol

I'd just like to say Rob that this tournament is fantastic and not just because I cashed yesterday, I failed miserably last week and was still talking about how good it was.

Thanks for all the effort you put in for us.

Ah! The element of surprise
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »

Subtle change of wording there with a quick edit. lol

I'd just like to say Rob that this tournament is fantastic and not just because I cashed yesterday, I failed miserably last week and was still talking about how good it was.

Thanks for all the effort you put in for us.
Mates for life ....... BO55DTD and AP54RAS    Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2012, 05:11:32 AM »

I spoke to both Gary (who I am good friends with) and Wadey (who I also speak to alot) after the final.

Wadey admitted that when he sat down at the final, he was most worried about Gaz. He definately didnt want to double him up. The biggest thing for me is what Alex mentioned about Gaz' exit. If Wadey and Gaz were actually colluding, why would Wadey absolutely snap his neck off with  ? (please dont think Im exaggerating when I say snap his neck off, it was one of the quickest calls Iv ever seen lol).

End of discussion really imo
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

I really had thought it was end of.

However with regards to the snap more or less every chance North had he jammed it on Wadey, and had got himself back in the game, must of had enough. Not saying it's collusion although perhaps soft play in the first instant. North did not do anything wrong, however seemed to be jamming wider knowing the shoves were getting through (i'd do the same). Wadey whenever ive played always is aggressive and plays for the win.

Just found those two spots very strange especially the A9. If you dont want to double someone up then id rather call with A9 than K9.

My point is however if these folds were done by non-regs then they would of been crucified.

With regards the post stating that perhaps the forum now does not flame peoples play etc, that is almost laughable and again had it been a non-reg there would have been uproar.

Either way as far as im aware it happened and its done and dusted obviously i will not find anyone in agreement on here, however as its a public forum wanted to put out my opinions.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »

The thing is with Wadey is that his is aggressive and loves the win but that comes with an ego for sure like a lot of people. He perceived Gaz as his biggest threat but also one of the tighter players so really didn't want to take a punt with a marginal hand.

When he said "anyone else I call" that's just a defensive strategy his uses to save face. He's frustrated at the fact he's folded a better hand, never mind the fact that it's on camera. Nothing malice or corrupt behind it, just basically making himself feel better about the mistake.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

The thing is with Wadey is that his is aggressive and loves the win but that comes with an ego for sure like a lot of people. He perceived Gaz as his biggest threat but also one of the tighter players so really didn't want to take a punt with a marginal hand.

When he said "anyone else I call" that's just a defensive strategy his uses to save face. He's frustrated at the fact he's folded a better hand, never mind the fact that it's on camera. Nothing malice or corrupt behind it, just basically making himself feel better about the mistake.

Accept all of this - but why the theatricals with Frankie? Just for shits n giggles?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: