blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  50nl hard spot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50nl hard spot  (Read 2894 times)
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »

Tbh this is probably a good squeeze spot for villain, since many of the tight players at 50NL really will be helpless and unable to adjust.

However, this does NOT mean that in hero's shoes we should be doing anything other than folding. We can do all that levelling stuff if we want... you know, stuff like, 'He knows I am tight and fold a lot to 3bets, so he should be 3bet bluffing a lot vs me" etc. But in reality, very few villain's at 50NL are going to be good enough to take this into account. If they were good enough they would have moved up beyond 50NL already.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

And, as I said, I do of course agree that against some tight players you can make money by running them over (especially vs nits that fold a lot to 3bets, never 4bet bluff, and play fit-or-fold in 3bet pots). But it is very important to be clear that this only works against a small percentage of tight players. In general, when a tight player shows interest in a pot we should tend to be looking for reasons to fold. When a loose player shows interest in the pot we should tend to be looking for reasons to call or raise. There are obviously times when this rule does not apply. But letting this philosophy permeate your overall play will help to keep you sane and playing well. Going out of your way to give aggressive action to nits is not a good way to maintain either sanity or a healthy bankroll.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:22:38 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »

with the absolute maximum respect (i think you are both heroes)

honeybadger/keys how much experience do you have in the last 12 months with 50nl?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »

with the absolute maximum respect (i think you are both heroes)

honeybadger/keys how much experience do you have in the last 12 months with 50nl?

None obviously. Does this mean we are not eligible to comment? To be fair, I have staked people who played 50NL, and I used to play a little bit of this limit every month just so I could keep in touch with what the games were like. If you tell me the games have radically changed and everyone is solid then I can't really argue with you since I have no evidence to support my case. But I still would not believe you Wink
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »

no of course it doesnt mean you're not eligible to comment, obviously not. I do think that you both perhaps underestimate the players in the games a little bit, there ARE alot of regs, and the regs do watch videos and do try to improve. There are of course fish donating, but this happens at all stakes, the regs play very well pre flop and terribly post flop. I currently coaching 2 guys at nl50 and you both making me feel scared that I'm giving absolute duff information Cheesy

The general advice I give is to play alot looser than what is "advised" and play as many post flop pots as possible as our edge will generally come from post flop pots in single raised as well as 3bet and 4bet pots where the "regs" lol, will not be comfortable as their plan doesn't extend too far from being able to 3/4/5bet with good frequencies.

There is however definitely spots where 4b/calling aj will be really standard.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

I definitely 3bet nits as much if not more than aggro guys, sure they aren't going to have trash in their range but they are still opening a lot of combos of hands and because they are nits they aren't going to be fighting back. For example squeezing in this spot looks incred.

Only vs their CO/Btn opens and even their 3b if in the blinds.

I do see what Honeybadger is saying but with 4 regs and 1 fish on a six max table (sigh for iPoker), it's kinda hard to make money so you have to bash the regs up sometimes. Admittedly I've sat their and had my ass whooped but rather that than giving them an easy ride.

I dont claim to be right or anything, just my perspective of trying to grasp 20NL and the amount of regs : fish.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »

I doubt a GTO strategy from opening a <<13% range from utg+1 would involve doing anything but folding with AJs. But yeah if you think the other guy is playing exploitably in a certain way then you can pretty much justify anything.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: