blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273161 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas, but no Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas, but no Aftermath - Diary  (Read 131370 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »

Here's the hand against Men the Poisoned Dwarf.

Any value for a river shove by me?

150-300/25

Men has a little less than 20k. I have him covered by about 5k.

He opens in the cutoff for 800.

I *felt* he was weak so I made it 1900 to go. He tank called.

My hand is essentially irrellevant.

Flop comes AJ9 with 2 clubs.

He checks. I bet 2200. He called.

Turn card was a complete blank. An offsuit 3 or something.

He checks, I decide to really put the pressure with a 5800 bet.

He tanks forever and calls. I sigh internally and I'm done with the bluff. He surely can't be drawing now, and he's getting stubborn with a weak to middle ace.

River pairs the ace.

Now he really shocked me and led out for 4000 leaving 5500 behind.

I mean, really, wtf?

I have zero showdown value, so it's either shove or fold.

Could a shove be profitable? Does he really bet a fifth of the pot with an ace here?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »

nice cash mate, ul not to go deeper but nice to get off to a good start. gl in the shooty.

Good start, more and better to come mate.

C'mon The Camel.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2012, 01:41:03 AM »

I think i'd rather bluff call than shove.

@whollyflush on twitter
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2012, 01:47:44 AM »

I don't think he's calling a shove without an ace (or better obv).

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2012, 02:00:57 AM »

I don't think that feeling his open was weak is justification enough to 3bet bet/bet/think about jamming for 66 bigs in this sort of event. You hand is still relevant enough to post it whatever it happened to be. Men might be a poison dwarf but he has been around a while. I think he's gunna be aware how FOS he looks when he leads this river.

The fact that you were definitely giving up on the bluff if he checked but now you're thinking of jamming (or would be thinking of calling if you had some showdown value) makes it a much better play for him to lead river with Ax?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »

I don't think that feeling his open was weak is justification enough to 3bet bet/bet/think about jamming for 66 bigs in this sort of event. You hand is still relevant enough to post it whatever it happened to be. Men might be a poison dwarf but he has been around a while. I think he's gunna be aware how FOS he looks when he leads this river.

The fact that you were definitely giving up on the bluff if he checked but now you're thinking of jamming (or would be thinking of calling if you had some showdown value) makes it a much better play for him to lead river with Ax?

Yep, you are probably right.

Been playing a long time, and rarely seen such an unusual line.

Normally when you see a line so weird, they are bluffing or have the absolute nuts. I guess quads is a possibility here.

My hand was Q2o.

He asked me later what I folded. I said QQ. He laughed hysterically (and genuinely imo), and that caused me to regret shoving a bit more.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »

Is anyone going to lay some bets on the last 32 of the HU at the WSOP?

Matches I'm interested in betting on:

Vedes v Hastings
Selbst v Saul
Landfish v Jaffe
Parker v Radoja
Block v Venovski

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »

Been a busy couple of days.

On Monday we went to Cashman Field to see the Las Vegas 51s against the Reno Stars.

Baseball is a fascinating sport. You can watch it at so many levels, the tactics and nuances are beyond my comprehension somewhat. But still the athleticism and talent of the players is still a joy to watch.

Watching games live (rather than on tv) you apprecaite the speed the pitcher is hurling down the ball and the hand/eye co-ordiation needed by the batter to whack the ball out of the park for a home run (there were 5 or 6 homers in the game on Monday) is quite remarkable.

Las Vegas play in the Pacific Coast League. It's AAA baseball which is one level below the major leagues. Players from the 51s move up to the Toronto Blue Jays when the major league club needs a replacement for an out of form or injured player.

At the moment this guy is playing for the 51s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Guerrero. He's been a big star in the major leagues for the last decade or more. And was league MVP in 2004. He's been out of form for quite a while though and is trying to have one last hurrah in the bigs. He got a standing ovation every time he came to bat, and people are obviously willing him to succeed. He went 0-3 though..

Can't recommend an evening at the baseball highly enough. $10 tickets, no queues for beer or hotdogs and all in all a great and cheap alternative to the usual Vegas nights out. Jake certainly was engrossed all the way through.

Vegas lost the game 6-2. The Reno pitcher was dominant and very difficult to hit. He pitched a 3 hitter through 8 innings. Top stuff.

I was a bit puzzled at the Las Vgeas teams nickname.. the 51's. So I googled it and discovered this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

Interesting stuff.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »

Yeterday, was the $10k heads up.

Formally my favourite event at the WSOP.

But I feel the value has gone from this event somewhat. The field looks stacked and I can't see too many soft spots.

And I hate the 3 bullets thing. Just give the players their chips and let them play imo.

I don't regret missing it.

Instead, we went to Viva Elvis at Aria.

Bit disappointing really. The theatre, although impressive, doesn't really lend itself to cirque de solieil productions imo. And alot of the routines seemed forced, jemmied in. Whereas everything seemed to fit in perfectly for Love.

And Elvis's music just isn't my bag in the way the Beatles is.

It was enjoyable enough though and glad I saw it. However, if Love is a definite 10/10 must not miss.. I would give Viva Elvis maybe 6/10.

Back to the Rio today for the $1500 NL shootout. Haven't played a hand of poker besides the the first tournament I played. Feel fresh and motivated and ready to go!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »

On Monday we went to Cashman Field to see the Las Vegas 51s against the Reno Stars.

Baseball is a fascinating sport. You can watch it at so many levels, the tactics and nuances are beyond my comprehension somewhat. But still the athleticism and talent of the players is still a joy to watch.

Watching games live (rather than on tv) you apprecaite the speed the pitcher is hurling down the ball and the hand/eye co-ordiation needed by the batter to whack the ball out of the park for a home run (there were 5 or 6 homers in the game on Monday) is quite remarkable.

Las Vegas play in the Pacific Coast League. It's AAA baseball which is one level below the major leagues. Players from the 51s move up to the Toronto Blue Jays when the major league club needs a replacement for an out of form or injured player.

At the moment this guy is playing for the 51s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Guerrero. He's been a big star in the major leagues for the last decade or more. And was league MVP in 2004. He's been out of form for quite a while though and is trying to have one last hurrah in the bigs. He got a standing ovation every time he came to bat, and people are obviously willing him to succeed. He went 0-3 though..

Can't recommend an evening at the baseball highly enough. $10 tickets, no queues for beer or hotdogs and all in all a great and cheap alternative to the usual Vegas nights out. Jake certainly was engrossed all the way through.

Vegas lost the game 6-2. The Reno pitcher was dominant and very difficult to hit. He pitched a 3 hitter through 8 innings. Top stuff.

I was a bit puzzled at the Las Vgeas teams nickname.. the 51's. So I googled it and discovered this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

Interesting stuff.

Great stuff Keith, & I adore live Baseball, seen it in San Francisco & LA.

PLEASE don't mention Area 51 though, it's the bane of my life next door, it's the name for the "Conspiracy Theoristrs" board on the Forum, & you've never seen anything like it.

"There was a pause before the river whilst the software found the card to beat me......."

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Great stuff Keith, & I adore live Baseball, seen it in San Francisco & LA.

PLEASE don't mention Area 51 though, it's the bane of my life next door, it's the name for the "Conspiracy Theoristrs" board on the Forum, & you've never seen anything like it.

"There was a pause before the river whilst the software found the card to beat me......."

Can't believe I've been to Vegas upwards of 30 times and never been to the ballpark before.

Thoroughly recommended.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »

I never even knew they had a Baseball Team. Might go & watch me a ball game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »

How big would a Vegas crowd be for AAA baseball Keith?

AAA is mainly up and comers preparing for the majors (A,AA,AAA leagues as a progression through the minors)

Can't imagine how the young guys stay focussed on baseball with Vegas/distractions on the scene

Guerrero a big name though!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

How big would a Vegas crowd be for AAA baseball Keith?

AAA is mainly up and comers preparing for the majors (A,AA,AAA leagues as a progression through the minors)

Can't imagine how the young guys stay focussed on baseball with Vegas/distractions on the scene

Guerrero a big name though!

Probably 2500 people there. Maybe 3000. I'd guess quite a few purely to see Vlad though.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »

I lived in Toronto at the time they got the expansion franchise and formed the Buejays sometime in the mid 1970's. My best buddy Kal Kirsch was a bookie and absolute baseball nut and got tickets for the Bluejays first game which was held in the stadium on the site of the CNE, the Canadian National Exhibition.

That was my first ever live baseball game and Toronto's makeshift team of misfits and cast-offs from the other team's rosters managed to win by something like 10-9.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:25:21 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: