blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  £500.00 this weekend at Dtd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £500.00 this weekend at Dtd  (Read 7942 times)
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 10:56:30 PM »

well i was being greedy but on fire lately, but happy with 1.1

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »

well i was being greedy but on fire lately, but happy with 1.1

greedy doesnt work Im afraid ...being fair is better

I though you were skint...needed a shot  etc

Anyway My £50 is promised so gl I guess (  Ill give mnoney to tighty if you sell out)

PS    not sure why you were pmsl
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:04:52 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »

just thought 25% of £70k would be nice, seriously  a genuine thanks for your guidance on this Fraser

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »

Not sure if you realise but 1:1 as Fraser was suggesting is different to 1.1 which you posted afterwards. Lots of confusion itt.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »

Have you read the 'Ground Rules and Disclaimer' post at the top of the board?

Lots of useful advice in there if you are new to staking

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 12:43:25 AM »

ty dan, did i miss summat?

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »

sorry just got confused, think i understand it all now after looking like a nit

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 02:51:38 AM »

It's possible everyones getting too PC and nicey, nicey. It doesn't take too much effort to figure out how to ask for staking and to understand the nuances.

Sir, your offer is lol, like an infant burglar

Best regards, good luck, may your first child be a masculine child and lang may yer lum reek

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:09 AM »

I wasn't going to post again maybe I'm wrong to, there's been more than enough drama on this board recently, but I want to just point out a few things out. Hopefully Mike will learn something from this and others will see it and learn too and we will have a better staking board because of it. Who am I to go about policing things? Nobody. I don't have Key's badge, nor Mantis' rosette. However, I hope you'll realise I'm posting for the benefit of Mike, others wanting to be staked, as well as stakers like myself and many others. NOT to cause an argument.

Firstly, I just wanted to say that I'm sure you've not set out with any bad intentions whatsoever and the mistakes you've made are through lack of experience rather than malice. To be frank, I think nirvana has nailed it on the head with his "infant burglar" analogy.

To most of us this is what it looks like:

1) You've asked for £250 worth of staking in a £500 tournament in return for 25% of the winnings. This is absurd. That is a "mark-up" of 2.0. Almost every thread on here is sold between 1.0 and 1.5, the vast majority being between 1.1 and 1.3. One of your responses to the questions about this was

just thought 25% of £70k would be nice

I mean really? Yes it would be nice. So would 10% of the lottery but doesn't mean I'll pay £500 for a ticket. It wouldn't have taken much effort to work out what price you should sell at. £250/£500 = 50%, so if you thought you were good value, maybe sell the 50% for £300, or selling 40% for £250.

2) Your OP has no online results, no links to your hendon mob, no graphs, nothing other than "Two nice cashes in the last 4 weeks at dtd, 6th in Grand Prix, and 3rd in Last weeks £150.00". You've put no effort at all into convincing people that you are worth investing in.

It wouldn't have taken any time at all to look at just one of the other threads on this board and see that you've done this totally wrong. Every thread more or less has links to online results, graphs, hendon mobs etc, as well as a clearly set out structure showing what they're selling. You've clearly not looked at a single one, (or if you had, just ignored it completely) and what's more incredible is that when Dan suggests you look at the "Ground rules and Disclaimer" post, you respond with

ty dan, did i miss summat?

Yes of course you missed something! That's why you've had all these comments and suggestions! Why don't you read it instead of asking if you missed something! It's so insulting.

3) You've cashed for 3k and 5.5k in two comps in the past 5 weeks. Yet you're asking for £250 for this weekend. I appreciate there will probably be a good reason for this, but I believe you should state what this is. And laughing off Fraser's totally reasonable question concerning this was also insulting to him I imagine.

3) may be wrong, maybe it's not that important, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me posting this.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 06:15:02 AM »

Mr flushmeout.

Are you the gentleman who donated 5% of your winnings last weekiend @ DTD to the Cystic Fibrosis Charity in mermory of Rich Stevenson?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00:59 AM »

Firstly i want to apologise if i offended anyone, really new to staking and posted feet first and should have looked at it in more depth, really sorry and embarassed, yes Tikay to your question, and i didnt fancy spending £500.00 of my own money in playing this weekend just couldnt justify it thats why i asked for the staking even though i have had a nice cash in the last 4 weeks, its a principle thing, £500.00 on the turn of 5 cards so i was looking to pay the £250.00 and was looking for the staker to match my share, but didnt realise like i do now that asking for £250.00 was dream land, have said now with the help of Alex and Frasers guidance 10% of up to 50% would be great, again awfully sorry if i offended and im embarassed i posted, if Keith and Fraser would wish to withdraw i have know problem and i will pay the £500.00 my self, Principle

istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »

Gl brv lets make it a wright weekend you take dtd down . I will take gps down .
Bit more planning needed on staking request but I know it's not easy . Any way this reminds me of you when you got excited when I let you help me run the books I'n pubs before I got shops . Remember Michael Owen hattrick against Germany lol . Thanks for my treat big brv speak soon and good luck make it a treble grand prix 150 and 500
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »

Mr flushmeout.

Are you the gentleman who donated 5% of your winnings last weekiend @ DTD to the Cystic Fibrosis Charity in mermory of Rich Stevenson?

Rest

sola virtus nobilitat
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »

Thanks Bro, dont want to play it know, embarassed, gl in Jock  land

istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 07:14:06 AM »

Don't be daft brv 99% of people on here are genuine . Patrick ( pleno ) helped me when I asked for my first staking request . We can't all be genius's hope you change your mind speak later
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: