blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  QQ WPT hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QQ WPT hand  (Read 2161 times)
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »

Im gonna throw this one open to the lions so to speak as as much as I need to detatch myself from the hand I keep playing it over in my head... its been 6 days now but on the bus to work again I started questioning myself.

Ok here goes. From memory so may not all my accurate and correct apologies if this is the case.

Level 2 of the WPT PCA started  the tournie with 10k in chips and we are currently at level 2 with blinds of 100 - 200.

Hero has 13k

Villain (MP1)for the hand 11k

Villain(CO) has 25k

hero has won the blinds in the last two hands raising with KK and AK (to 600 and 800) respectively. I've been relatively quiet previous to this hand and had only shown down AK for TPTK which was chopped with another player.

Rest of the chips had came from well placed bets etc.

Hero now finds Black Queens UTG and raises once more to 800.

UTG+1 folds
MP1 calls. (villain)
Folds to the CO who calls.
we are 3 to a flop with a pot of 2700.

Backgrounds to the two players. UTG+2 Is dutch(pro?) and has been getting interviewed by some guy what seems like every 10-15 mins for a chip count. He's been very tight entering few pots.

CO has been in almost every pot i can remember back he got most of his chips flopping the nut flush with AQ v KK if he doesnt hit or is facing heat he's usually gone.

Flop is a  2s4h6c and i fire out 2000after thinking for maybe 5-10 seconds.

Dutch guy looks at me then my stack and minraises to 4k CO folds.

Now i dont think i can give it up here theres two hands that a tight player can have that can beat me AA and KK... i can possibly throw in 66 as a great way of stacking players in these deep stack events is with sets.

I call and the turn is the .

Now the minraise has scared me couple that with his tight image and i feel im behind here.. I should maybe check fold if im happy with my read but i fire out 2500.. Villain again looks at my stack and pushes allin... if my memory serves me right its about 6k more to me and i think for a while and fold them face up Villain looked surprised / a bit miffed and didnt show.

How would everyone else play the hand?

Folding id left myself with about 6k and was able to double up plus change in the next level when AK pushed into me holding AA so it wasn't by any means a hand which led to my exit
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:15:13 PM by Suited_Jock » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

I'd get out ASAP.

I reckon he's flopped a set.

No too keen on the bet on the turn. Seems a bit weak and gives the appearance that you're willing to fold if reraised.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:10:51 PM »

"i think for a while and fold them face up"

Do not do that unless you have a very specific reason for doing so.

I lost a good bundle of chips in Amsterdam 2 years ago by showing that I had bet KK on an A high flop.  I got called later by a weak ace because I had given away that my betting an A high flop did not mean I had hit.

Don't like the weak turn bet - what were you trying to achieve? 

Pretty certain Dutch pro thinks he has the best hand and is miniraising to push the loose player of a draw whilie respecting that the loose player could have hit a monster.  He probably has AA.

At this stage in the tourney, I would have folded to the miniraise mumbling AK - you still have chips.  If you can survive till the all-in fiesta starts, anything can happen.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:23:05 PM by doubleup » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

Do you mean face down?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »

Do you mean face down?

I was quoting OP
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »

"i think for a while and fold them face up"

Do not do that unless you have a very specific reason for doing so.

I lost a good bundle of chips in Amsterdam 2 years ago by showing that I had bet KK on an A high flop.  I got called later by a weak ace because I had given away that my betting an A high flop did not mean I had hit.

Don't like the weak turn bet - what were you trying to achieve? 

Pretty certain Dutch pro thinks he has the best hand and is miniraising to push the loose player of a draw whilie respecting that the loose player could have hit a monster.  He probably has AA.

At this stage in the tourney, I would have folded to the miniraise mumbling AK - you still have chips.  If you can survive till the all-in fiesta starts, anything can happen.

Surely making a laydown like this shows the table I can play poker and I can get away from hands.. stay clear?? The face up laydown is something im happy about and helps my table image.. its when people show their hands for no apparent reason then i can see why its wrong.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 02:09:48 PM »

Surely making a laydown like this shows the table I can play poker and I can get away from hands.. stay clear?? The face up laydown is something im happy about and helps my table image.. its when people show their hands for no apparent reason then i can see why its wrong.

It says when i make a move on this guy because i think he missed with AK i can still win if i am wrong as he folds overpairs.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 02:12:40 PM »

I agree. Leaves you vulnerable to bullies.
The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »

showing your cards, shows that you will  lay them down, I think it's never advisable to show any cards! You already know you are a good player why let anyone else know that ! The fact is you can be taken off a hand and a real good player can take advantage of it.
 Knowledge is power!

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »

Minimum raise on the flop by him has me worried

turn bet is your mistake, check fold if that is your instinct (a set?) or check call to minimise your damage here and on the river

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 07:33:03 AM »

Surely making a laydown like this shows the table I can play poker and I can get away from hands.. stay clear??

The only guy at the table who needs to know you can play poker is you.

In a tournament, most of the times you raise, you won't welcome an over the top re-raise.
If a table sees you can laydown a hand it means they are more likely to re-raise you. Bad thing IMHO.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

Surely making a laydown like this shows the table I can play poker and I can get away from hands.. stay clear??

The only guy at the table who needs to know you can play poker is you.

In a tournament, most of the times you raise, you won't welcome an over the top re-raise.
If a table sees you can laydown a hand it means they are more likely to re-raise you. Bad thing IMHO.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: