blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 10548 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »

Thanks very much to everyone for coming yesterday, it was a lot of fun I think

Thanks to all the staff at DTD too from Rob and Simon through Andy the TD for the bash to the dealers and valets, nice to see everyone in the spirit of the occasion.

Well done to Fireman Sam Kinboshi for quick thinking!!

I'll be back at DTD today to see if any of the guys can win their HU matches. Rob is going to be busy this afternoon!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »

Great work Rich was a lot of fun and good luck to those golden chip players. Never played a comp with such a good atmosphere. Will be funking for Eso in the 150 today too after watching him dismantle Dans stack with such ease yesterday:-)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

Was good fun. Banging headache tho. Sick gesture by Longy.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

Yes, what a top man. I bet your raising arm is aching today MIlli.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

Yes, what a top man. I bet your raising arm is aching today MIlli.

This post makes me happy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Slykllist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »

Just a quick thankyou from me.

I'm not a regular poster and am pretty new to Blonde, but turned up yesteday to play the tourney and really enjoyed it.  Nice to be at a tournament with a bit of life and atmosphere and played in the right spirit, has definately encouraged me to get a bit more involved in Blonde and I'll try to make it along to future Bash's
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »

Lolz, Is a bit sore tbf, Although I did enjoy the period where I opened 7 hands In 2 orbits 5 handed and folded to 7 3bets. Half of which were from you. Still beating myself up for not jamming it in your eye with 22. As if you only had AJ. Show me some respect man!  These Internet whiz kids..

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »

Yea thanx to DTD and all the Staff. Tighty, Tikay and all of blonde who organised things.

Mama G and i thoroughly enjoyed ourselves all day. Bowling was fun, the pokerz sucked but had fun.

There was one or two that jumped in from the onefiddy and were playing all serious.

Looking forward to the next one.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
SolarCarro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 06:26:06 PM »

Mirror everything said here

Thank you to all the organisers and staff at DTD

The blonde tournament was great fun with loads of banter, enjoyed getting very drunk later with Laxie!!

Dave and Sian
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

Just a quick thankyou from me.

I'm not a regular poster and am pretty new to Blonde, but turned up yesteday to play the tourney and really enjoyed it.  Nice to be at a tournament with a bit of life and atmosphere and played in the right spirit, has definately encouraged me to get a bit more involved in Blonde and I'll try to make it along to future Bash's

A belated welcome to blonde!  It's always great to read comments like this.

Despite being on here for years, I managed to meet a few people for the first time yesterday, including a fellow Mod!  In no particular order it was great to put faces to the likes of cambridgealex, Longy, Girgy, Eso Kral, smashedagain, Milligan, cf, supernova, Dave Shoelace, Warren the soulreader, plus assorted wives, girlfriends and parents!  Pretty sure I've missed a few off the list too so apologies if you're one of them.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

Really wish I could have been there, but due to new job commitments couldnt get. Pretty annoyed but thats life.

Gratz to everyone that won/had golden chip matches and gl to those that are waiting to do theirs
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »

really nice gesture longy, n1.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:31 PM »

Lolz, Is a bit sore tbf, Although I did enjoy the period where I opened 7 hands In 2 orbits 5 handed and folded to 7 3bets. Half of which were from you. Still beating myself up for not jamming it in your eye with 22. As if you only had AJ. Show me some respect man!  These Internet whiz kids..

lol, was brill fun, I thought Rio Rodent had a great table image too. ul in the heads up Milli

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »

Had a great time. Thanks to everyone who was involved in organising the event and was great to meet loads of people for the first time, not hard given my allergy to playing live in the uk.

Was a pity i had to stop drinking halfway through (a rare feat for me) but I had to grind today. Just finished the prop fwiw.

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »

only my 4th live tourny playing the blonde bash and by far the most enjoyable...good to play where most people seemed relaxed, even the hooded shaded lad on my first table had to crack a smile when i bluffed him all in with  two spades and showed the table. Being a newbie i wondered what the general feeling on bounty hunters was...say the 150 being a 100+50 bounty hunter as a 1 off...it could be good for newer players who want the experience yet have the chance to grab a little bit back along the way?Huh? thoughts?Huh?

It goes to show that any tournament experience depends on your table and if they were all like this one then you wont go far wrong.

well done to all those involved.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: