blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Golden Nugget
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Golden Nugget  (Read 4086 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »

Old people seem to like it there Phil.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »

Lol I'm reading this from a low floor near the lift Carson tower room with slightly noisy air con ,absolutely spot on except they now want 20$ a night for a fridge unless you have a medical condition ,no complaints at all about the place cept all the sun beds were full/ in use yesterday
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »

excellent, I will take my elasticated trousers and jumpers to help me blend in.

The structures look nice in their fessie events Tony, did you play any NLH events there or just the mixed games?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »

Not played anything yet , starting Sunday ,tourney room is quite busy but the 7 pm 65$ evening comp struggles a bit ,the strip is a 7$ bus ride away tho or 25/30 in a cab
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »

excellent, I will take my elasticated trousers and jumpers to help me blend in.

The structures look nice in their fessie events Tony, did you play any NLH events there or just the mixed games?

No, I have only played "non Hold Em" there, but their struuctures for Omaha were far more to my liking than those at Caesars, Venetian, etc. Binions have good structures, too.

Ideal venue for the elasticated waistband brigade.

Both Ralph & Tom will tell you loads of lovely poker stories about Golden Nugget & Binions. I wish I'd discovered it years ago, it has a much more "European" feel to it.

EDIT - Apologies, think i was the "wrong" Tony! I actually bumped into TonyTats there the other day. Small world & all that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:06:33 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »

Not played anything yet , starting Sunday ,tourney room is quite busy but the 7 pm 65$ evening comp struggles a bit ,the strip is a 7$ bus ride away tho or 25/30 in a cab

cheers Tony

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »

I'm sat in the Rush  tower now as it goes and will be here until their main event finishes on Monday. I snagged a corner suite on a deal, but got them to move me to a normal room when I got here as it was too big!!

As everyone has said the base rooms are decent and I only got the tower I did because I spend s bit of time in the room. There are myself and 6 other mates from another forum here until the end of June.

The prize pools are dwarfed by the Venetian, but they'll also be much softer and from what the other guys have said  the structures are decent.

Hopefully see you out here this week then!

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »

Proper old boys thread....get a grip Marky - down with the wrinkles Wink
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »

Proper old boys thread....get a grip Marky - down with the wrinkles Wink

You haven't seen me move at the moment mate, I'm in the right place Wink

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

Yes tikay I came and said hello without introducing my self ,as I thought you knew my name on here congrats on winning the Omaha Wednesday
We r sat by the pool at the moment to get a sun bed lol ,all were full yesterday
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »

Yes tikay I came and said hello without introducing my self ,as I thought you knew my name on here congrats on winning the Omaha Wednesday
We r sat by the pool at the moment to get a sun bed lol ,all were full yesterday

Lol, I'll be honest with you Tony, you came & said hello, & I was not quite sure who it was, so I just did the polite niceties thing. I went & sat down, & started trying to think who you were, & it suddenly dawned on me who it was! So I'm sorry if I was a little distant. It's an age thing.....

An amazing number of people come see me & chat, & sometimes it does not click with me who they are.

I'll be there today, in fact, & I promise to kiss you if I see you.......

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

When Ralph and I stayed at the Nugget we asked if we could have a fridge. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door. We opened it and in walked a little Filipino lady with one on her back.

She set it down in a corner, accepted a small gratuity and left. 

We tried to move it to the other corner, but we couldn't lift it.

I love downtown Vegas and I love the Nugget.

The older I get, the better I was.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »

They now charge 20$ a day ,wether that's for the fridge ,the little phillipino woman or both ,I havnt asked
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

They now charge 20$ a day ,wether that's for the fridge ,the little phillipino woman or both ,I havnt asked

Ralph bunged the receptionist a ten spot and wiggled his eyebrows.

He also taught me to tip the staff when you arrive, they can't give you better service if you tip them when you leave....

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »

Ralph bunged the receptionist a ten spot and wiggled his eyebrows.

He also taught me to tip the staff when you arrive, they can't give you better service if you tip them when you leave....

Tom taught me that a weak bladder can ensure the happiest of outcomes on the way home.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: