blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Age and poker?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age and poker?  (Read 6997 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »

to excel in poker you need to spend alot of time studying and devoting yourself to the game.

older (30-50) people dont have the luxury of having as much spare time. younger people are often students etc and have more time to devote and dont have families who get angry if they don't go to bed till 3am.

Yes. This is 100% true

The guys I really admire are the ones that get the balance right, they still have a desire to improve and obviously have good negotiating tekkers at home. They still find the time even though they have mouths to feed and are married.

I had a similar situation the other night to Kinboshi. When discussing Denmarks chances of winning the euros some kid opposite me who looked no more than 9 years old kindly told me that they won it 1992. I told him I watched it and remember it well. He said he hadn't been born yet.! Sigh.....

When at DTD last night a transvision vamp song came on and I said ahhh cool song. All the kids surrounding me on the table just gave me this blank stare as if to say 'transvision who?'  Grin

Seriously. Transvision who?

Your the wrong age the other way to know about them 
Tongue

Sigh... and LOL.

The older I get, the better I was.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »

I agree with everyone that most young players play in a tilting manner - too slow, too antisocial etc.

I'd argue that I'm not in either category, same with Mitch, Simon Deadman and lots of DTD regs.

If I was in a confrontational mood, I'd say that young people take more time over their decisions because they're thinking about lots of different factors (to do with the hand, not what their mum is going to make them for tea tonight). I instantly label ppl that "snap" do things as fish because it shows they're not considering other options which makes their range so much easier to assign / narrow.

Maybe you should take more time to consider other options

lol,
very good

And there was me thinking the irony was lost !   Smiley
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »

stealthmunk ‏@stealthmunk
Position on @Doc_Sands in this 2500! Eagerly awaiting to play a 15 minute 3 bet pot!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: