blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Another interesting ruling from WSOP
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another interesting ruling from WSOP  (Read 7348 times)
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »

The second offence is definitely a penalty as he has exposed his cards with a player to act. Not only would he get a penalty for this offence, I would be having a word in his shell about his over enthusiasm. In both cases if he had waited for the dealer he wouldn't be in this situation. I would be making sure that I have explained clearly that his over enthusiasm may cost him his tournament life if it is done again.

But late imho, I'd have given him a few hands away from the table after he mucked and then tried to retrieve his cards from the muck. Doesn't have to be a round penalty, a quiet word with the player, especially when the stakes are so high can prevent similar events occurring. I actually think the first infraction was worse in that he benefited from his own stupidity. The second one, well at least the player not at fault got the benefit from that.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »

The second offence is definitely a penalty as he has exposed his cards with a player to act. Not only would he get a penalty for this offence, I would be having a word in his shell about his over enthusiasm. In both cases if he had waited for the dealer he wouldn't be in this situation. I would be making sure that I have explained clearly that his over enthusiasm may cost him his tournament life if it is done again.

But late imho, I'd have given him a few hands away from the table after he mucked and then tried to retrieve his cards from the muck. Doesn't have to be a round penalty, a quiet word with the player, especially when the stakes are so high can prevent similar events occurring. I actually think the first infraction was worse in that he benefited from his own stupidity. The second one, well at least the player not at fault got the benefit from that.

I would almost be certain the floor would have spoke to him after he mucked his cards prematurely.

Also, some might think him paying 60,000 without any cards acted as a penalty in itself.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »

I would almost be certain the floor would have spoke to him after he mucked his cards prematurely.

Also, some might think him paying 60,000 without any cards acted as a penalty in itself.

I doubt the French lass with KK did.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »

There you go. Penalty for the 2nd offence. Seems fair enough to me. Amy more offences increase the penalty or dq if appropriate.

Fair enough, they got their eventually. Did you have to bring my ex Amy into this though...

Gah. Silly phone!

Blue text
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

Notice the guy who got saved here is 2nd in chips and a November 9 member! WOW talk about a lucky break! she busts 10th!
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »

Notice the guy who got saved here is 2nd in chips and a November 9 member! WOW talk about a lucky break! she busts 10th!

There is no karma in poker..

hmmm just noticed that's my 300th post, not sure how I feel about that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:22:27 PM by jackinbeat » Logged

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »

There is no karma in poker..

hmmm just noticed that's my 300th post, not sure how I feel about that.

10%?
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 06:40:34 PM »

he also busted her in 10th

Christopher Brammer
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »

he also busted her in 10th

I fear for his safety, do not mess with French Women, painful experience has told me.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »

Wow. Love these type of stories

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
scottbrown

DILLIGAF

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 05:47:26 AM »

Still a better story than Twilight.

Dealer at Dusk Till Dawn

No limit hold'em is a game of incomplete information where players must use all available information to make the best possible decision. - Russell Bowman
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »

Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

or 50 shades of grey

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »

Common sense and fairness should be considerations in all rulings and under the circs described I think both were applied.

I don't see how you can have cast iron responses to all situations as there are usually different factors at play.

Ie sometimes a player announces all in but does not push any chips forward and can be covering their cards with their hand. It can be very easy for a player around the table not to have heard the verbal declaration and thinks he is opening the pot himself. I use this as an example of why rules have to be flexible and applied taking into account all factors, fairness and the spirit of the game etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: