blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The battle of Hastings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The battle of Hastings  (Read 7429 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »

Not sure I agree with the final line, but what an excellent post.

Yeah, the final line I guess is only a hypothetical thought. The stronger option is to think as a group what small changes we need to make, and show the world how it can be done.

not especially easy to be thinking them when the group is completely wrecked, though

Excellent post though. Loss of moral high ground is unhelpful

Agree. I think for that reason it's worth everyone thinking about it before the drunkeness kicks in, and just having a few simple ground rules.

On Craig's rail, the reaction from the security was of course ridiculously over the top and American. However, they had asked a couple of times for no noise during the hands, and used the smallest breaking of this as an excuse to manhandle thugs like LilDave out of the arena. I reckon we can beat this by being completely silent through the hands, and getting even louder in between.

I made a mistake on Flushy's rail, which was the original one.There was a historic moment as Eames got thrown out, and so I started shouting "cheerio" at him, only to realise in horror that the 4th place finisher was walking alongside him, and to be left hoping it wasn't misconstrued. I reckon we continue to beat anyone potentially feeling left out by giving everyone an ovation as they are eliminated.

Poker, as a spectacle, is behind any sport, as there is no sense of atmosphere. That's the reason why the British railing really does add a new dimension, and the reason why it has already won some significant admirers. I think we can continue to persuade people by making it a loud, positive atmosphere, and even to persuade people that a big part of that positive atmosphere is the cheeky banter.

Funnily enough, it might just be falling on the Brits now to shape it for a long time to come.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »

agree calling hasings a ***** was out of line. Was not a part of that and said at the time it was not cool.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »

it got a little cray in there
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2012, 07:40:06 PM »

Calling Hastings a **** was about the only good line! Better than all this give us a wave nonsense. More abuse of American pigeons and less friendly banter please lads Smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:44:41 PM by Dubai » Logged
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »

Hastings what a keyboard warrior, keyboard warriorrrr
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »

The problem is the word used is 10000x more shocking and offensive to Ameriicans than it is here.

I call friends a c**t regularly. I'm pretty sure they aren't offended by it!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »

In the town I was bought up, it's used as a term of endearment, still not a nice word to shout in public though.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

i think we let ourselves down by not giving him some hilarious (but harsh) banter - we've got enough wit in the group to abso rinse him without shouting c*nt at volume in public, we're better than that.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »

Nah it's ironic which is next level banter
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 08:12:40 PM »

Calling Hastings a **** was about the only good line! Better than all this give us a wave nonsense. More abuse of American pigeons and less friendly banter please lads Smiley

Seems like we hit both ends- the only lame football chant, and the only offensive word left in the language- when we should have gone in between.

He's fed us the opening line for goodness sake. Needed a series of "we're sure you're a swell guy, but we hope you go bust," "we're sure you're a swell guy, but we love John Eames" "we're sure you're a swell guy, but you robbed Isildur," etc
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:14:30 PM by easypickings » Logged
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »

Seems like we hit both ends- the only lame football chant, and the only offensive word left in the language- when we should have gone in between.

He's fed us the opening line for goodness sake. Needed a series of "we're sure you're a swell guy, but we hope you go bust," "we're sure you're a swell guy, but we love John Eames" "we're sure you're a swell guy, but you robbed Isildur," etc

yeah completely agree, stuff like ''we're sure you're a swell guy, buuuut your a c*nt''
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2012, 10:24:51 PM »

Lildave back on it with the tweets to Hastings. What time does Dave get up n start drinking?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »

yeah completely agree, stuff like ''we're sure you're a swell guy, buuuut your a c*nt''

Rofl so great mate

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: