blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Main Event - off we go!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Main Event - off we go!  (Read 103372 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2012, 02:31:34 AM »

Think I'd have 1 Tikay-esque gawp at it and then turn my chair the other way also.  Fkin offputting...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2012, 03:18:39 AM »

The Day 1b Photo Blog is now up. Mostly pics, with a few wordy bits. 

http://bit.ly/N8za3e

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »

Dave Jones ‏@LeKnave
Made dinner break with 58,525. Return to 130/300/25.

Rich Hare ‏@Shrewdie1
37875 at dinner break. Going bk to 150/300/25 in 90 mins. Off to Society, so hungry! #WSOPmainevent

Good start Jones, gogo

Story checks out on Rich being hungry.

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2012, 04:33:10 AM »

Bah, Tikay! Youve got me watching backgammon videos now!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2012, 04:57:22 AM »

Just watched Mr Channing play a hand, he's got a nice stack already.

Raised to 700 mid-pos, called in 2 spots, Neil defends in the Blinds.

NC checks, opener checks, guy behind him takes a stab, 2,500 or similar, Button jams all-in for 13,000.

"How much?" says NC, he counts it out, "call".

Opener scrpers, stabber grimaces & also departs.

Neil says "nuts", & turns over 

Button flips 

Not over yet!

Blank turn,  river, next case. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »

Bah, Tikay! Youve got me watching backgammon videos now!

Good! It's never a bad thing to look outside the window of our poker cottage sometimes.

These days "legends" is (imo) way over-used, or perhaps the meaning or usage has changed, ratherr like "friends" as in "Facebook Friends".

People like Paul Magriel, for all his current eccentricity, are to my mind in a different league.

In backgammon, his name is, or was, spoken of in awe.

In poker, not so much, but few realise that his "M" concept founded the first wave of "thinking" poker. Nowadays, few use it as such, or even need to, because it is ingrained in our minds as a basic fundamental. We don't know the numbers, or need to, we do it instinctively now, but someone had to lay out the original concept.

I just found this about him as to backgammon.....

Poker has become the game of choice for both Paul Magriel, a legend who wrote a weekly backgammon article for the New York Times in the Seventies and who famously beat George Plimpton blindfolded in a publicity game, and Bill Robertie, another giant on the backgammon scene who has won two world championships. Robertie, who has won the US Speed Chess Tournament as well, just put out his third volume of Harrington on Hold ’Em, a book on poker strategy that he co-wrote with ex-world champion Dan Harrington.

Before crossing over, Magriel, and Robertie made significant impacts in backgammon. In the Seventies, they published some of the most strategic, statistically advanced books ever written on the game, including Magriel’s classic Backgammon, which is considered “the bible of backgammon.”

Next time you bump into Jen Mason, grill her about Paul, she worked with him for a while on some book or other.

That must have been genuis on genius.   

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2012, 05:36:39 AM »

lol, i got a comment removed about kevmath? the guy who will say anything about anyone in a "do-good" tone for self gratification. seeing him, No wonder he feels pretty brave behind a keyboard.
Guy is a complete dousche imo.

anyways gl to other brits playing today, popped down and saw trigg a coupla hours ago and he was on like 45 i think. He said he managed to get AA in vs KQo for a full double in level 1 lol
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:33 AM »

I agree Tikay. Have done alot of reading about him tonight and hes just incredible. I just cant stop!

Id seen Paul before in clips of World Series things, and thought he was just another comedian (a-la Humberto Brenes) that like to play cards. I dont think I could have been any more wrong
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 06:50:07 AM »

I agree Tikay. Have done alot of reading about him tonight and hes just incredible. I just cant stop!

Id seen Paul before in clips of World Series things, and thought he was just another comedian (a-la Humberto Brenes) that like to play cards. I dont think I could have been any more wrong

Perfectly put, & I used to think the same thing of him

Quite something, eh?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

lol, i got a comment removed about kevmath? the guy who will say anything about anyone in a "do-good" tone for self gratification. seeing him, No wonder he feels pretty brave behind a keyboard.
Guy is a complete dousche imo.

anyways gl to other brits playing today, popped down and saw trigg a coupla hours ago and he was on like 45 i think. He said he managed to get AA in vs KQo for a full double in level 1 lol

Just for the record Marc, no comments were removed overnight by the mods

No one is asking you to like the guy, but no flaming him please. thanks

Good luck on Day 2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15:50 AM »

Unusually for Liv

A sense of humour

Liv Boeree ‏@Liv_Boeree

Been asked twice today if my clothing choice is the result of a lost prop-bet. No, it is not. Screw you guys.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »

Rounding up some end of day tweets

Rich Hare ‏@Shrewdie1

Just cudnt do anything, was more than happy with 35k with 6 hands to go. Finished with 14,075. Gutted atm but guess am still in... #day2

Sam Razavi ‏@Sam_Razavi

Dropped to 22k,was getting pretty frustrated;finished with 38k last 2 hands after barrelling all streets k-10 on 9hi flop and b/d the nuts.

Rhys Jones ‏@floppinhel

Good day of poker bagging up 116,950 from 30k start, 250/500/50 tues. Feel v.unwell though, need 2moro day off to recover. #punishmentiguess

Craig McCorkell ‏@CraigMcCorkell

Finished the day with 91,175, day off tomorrow before day 2 #wsopmain

Neil Channing ‏@SenseiChanning

Ridiculously frustrating last 2 hrs. Lost a flip to get to 150k & went from 100k to 43k. Lots of pots including rivering nut flush v quads.

Dave Jones ‏@LeKnave

Recovered to 53,925 to end the day. Really happy! Return on Tuesday to 250/500.

Victoria Coren ‏@VictoriaCoren

Day 1 over! Through to day 2 with 53k in chips. After a pretty card-dead day, I've got to be pleased with that.

Liv Boeree ‏@Liv_Boeree

Finished with 45,500. Day 2 on Tuesday!

Ben Dobson ‏@f3nix35

Busto last few hands of day 1 AQ<33 on Q73ssx for my last 23bb. Didn't get much going all day and seemed to have the 2nd best hand too much

James Dempsey ‏@FoieGrasAddict

Finished with 65,500 at the end of day 1. Rather frustrating as I had 100k with 10 minutes to go #takeitatthestart

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »

my mate won the jungleman "good deeds challenge" ended up on feature table with Vannessa Selbst, Sammy Farha, Marc Karam, Antoine Saout, Kevin Schaefal (sp) and a few others. fhl

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »

to the left of Liv, DTD Qualifier Sunil Mistri, tikay

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: