blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  London Poker Club closes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London Poker Club closes  (Read 1215 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

London’s International Private Members Club has announced its closure. The popular club once offered tournament and cash poker, English pool tournaments, chess, scrabble, and backgammon, but has now closed its doors due to licensing problems.

Late last year the Hackney Gazette reported that an investigation by both the police and the council’s licensing enforcement team found that poker was the main use for the premises. This goes against the 2005 Gambling Act which states that chance games such as poker can be provided in such clubs once they are not either largely or entirely the reason for the club’s being.

While the appeal was pending, members could continue to play games, but no alcohol was sold.

A posting on Facebook and the Gutshot poker forum reads:

“After today’s hearing with Hackney Council in regards to the club licenses we have to inform you that with immediate effect the club has closed. Its not all bad news as The Poker Olympics will still go ahead but not here but at The Western club. Still the same great events, the superb Int dealing team and massive guarantees whcih promises to be a great week [sic].

There will be more information we can give over the next few days so please do check back.

All of us here at The International would like to thanks each and everyone of its members for the superb support over the last 4 and a bit years….. It been fun!"

The news comes as much disappointment to its regulars. The club, which is located in the centre of London, is in the process of organising a party as a send off for its staff and all its members.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

GG
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

Again.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
woody03210
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »

ITS A SHAME. I ENJOYED PLAYING THERE
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »

Some of the best staff and players around for a while, like gutshot before it, but missing the Derek factor.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: