blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Road Rage, why?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road Rage, why?  (Read 2142 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »

A few years ago "someone" i knew was driving around the kent countryside. Pulling out of a semi blind road and a car going about 80 miles and hour came from the corner and kept beeping for having the cheek to make him slow down to something close to the speed limit. As my mate approached a main road this car starting tailgating him and beeping constently, he tried to let him pass but he wasnt having any of it. About 6 miles later my 'friend' pulled over and stopped.

The car behind pulled up in front blocking him in and the man came out. He was looking for revenge of some sort and went for my mate. *Backstory is my mate was very tidy, if I wanted to have someone in my camp in a fight it was him. I can tesifty to this many times over lol. . As the man approached he started swinging, bad idea one punch and not only was his nose flat his eye looked like popeye.  My mate was only defending himself from what seemed a complete nutter looking to punch him for absolulty no reason.

Fast forward 3 months my 'friend' is in court, looking to go down for X years if found guilty of GBH lol..

He managed to find out some crucial facts about this chap who (i think from his mate high up in the met) was taking us to court and he was an off duty police man. Now I am not 100% of this but my friend got off by saying he had shouted at him he was a cop which was illegal I believe and the case collapsed due to him breaking a code or procedure (how on earth could we have known he was a cop unless he had told us?).

Some people are just looking for trouble..
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »

It's a vent. People get angry and frustrated at other things (spouse, children, work etc) but don't necessarily show it.  They adopt behaviours in certain situations (i.e. behind the wheel of a car, at the poker table) and something triggers an outburst.  All drivers observe bad driving (or perceived bad driving) from other road users all the time, the majority don't react to it.  Those that do react then vent the anger and frustration of the other things they are angry at in their lives at the driver/car they believe to have done them wrong!  I used to do it all the time, getting really worked up at some of the idiots on the road.  Your body physically reacts to anger by producing adrenalin and then because you can't control your anger, literally anything can happen, because you absolutely lose control.  What you can try to control is your behaviour and the way you think about things.  People who have inadvertently trained their brain to think negatively over the years (maybe through observing their parents or other significant adults) are more likely to have anger problems, because the anger stems from their negative thinking.  "He's out to get me", "why does everyone hate me", "they are just doing it to wind me up".  These are the type of thoughts people who think negatively have going through their minds when they perceive that someone has done something to THEM.  It can take many many years for someone to literally change the way they think, to try to stop negative thought patterns and instead be indifferent or think positively.  If you can consciously do this, you can stop yourself getting angry in the first place and you will not then get the physical reaction and lose control.  The key is to train your brain into doing it unconsciously, without it being forced.  If it's any consolation to anyone who has been on the receiving end of an angry reaction, the person going through the anger usually feels upset, embarrassed and regretful as soon as the physical reaction they experienced has faded.

It's  appears that you have some kind of psychology training or have at least looked into it. Interesting reply.
You say that you used to get angry all of the time. Have you managed to do what you refer to and train yourself not to react that way now?

Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

You have loudspeakers on your motorbike?

WTF?

Lol yes, it's the one with full fairing panniers and top box. The passenger seat is like an armchair.

How loud does it have to go so someone wearing a crash helmet and sitting on an engine can hear it?

Surprisingly not that loud, there are speakers infront and behind so it's easy to hear until you reach speeds of around 70mph+

Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »

A few years ago "someone" i knew was driving around the kent countryside. Pulling out of a semi blind road and a car going about 80 miles and hour came from the corner and kept beeping for having the cheek to make him slow down to something close to the speed limit. As my mate approached a main road this car starting tailgating him and beeping constently, he tried to let him pass but he wasnt having any of it. About 6 miles later my 'friend' pulled over and stopped.

The car behind pulled up in front blocking him in and the man came out. He was looking for revenge of some sort and went for my mate. *Backstory is my mate was very tidy, if I wanted to have someone in my camp in a fight it was him. I can tesifty to this many times over lol. . As the man approached he started swinging, bad idea one punch and not only was his nose flat his eye looked like popeye.  My mate was only defending himself from what seemed a complete nutter looking to punch him for absolulty no reason.

Fast forward 3 months my 'friend' is in court, looking to go down for X years if found guilty of GBH lol..

He managed to find out some crucial facts about this chap who (i think from his mate high up in the met) was taking us to court and he was an off duty police man. Now I am not 100% of this but my friend got off by saying he had shouted at him he was a cop which was illegal I believe and the case collapsed due to him breaking a code or procedure (how on earth could we have known he was a cop unless he had told us?).

Some people are just looking for trouble..

I bet he will think twice before he rages at someone again, Police officer or not. It's sweet when a bully gets taken down a peg or two.

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »

It's a vent. People get angry and frustrated at other things (spouse, children, work etc) but don't necessarily show it.  They adopt behaviours in certain situations (i.e. behind the wheel of a car, at the poker table) and something triggers an outburst.  All drivers observe bad driving (or perceived bad driving) from other road users all the time, the majority don't react to it.  Those that do react then vent the anger and frustration of the other things they are angry at in their lives at the driver/car they believe to have done them wrong!  I used to do it all the time, getting really worked up at some of the idiots on the road.  Your body physically reacts to anger by producing adrenalin and then because you can't control your anger, literally anything can happen, because you absolutely lose control.  What you can try to control is your behaviour and the way you think about things.  People who have inadvertently trained their brain to think negatively over the years (maybe through observing their parents or other significant adults) are more likely to have anger problems, because the anger stems from their negative thinking.  "He's out to get me", "why does everyone hate me", "they are just doing it to wind me up".  These are the type of thoughts people who think negatively have going through their minds when they perceive that someone has done something to THEM.  It can take many many years for someone to literally change the way they think, to try to stop negative thought patterns and instead be indifferent or think positively.  If you can consciously do this, you can stop yourself getting angry in the first place and you will not then get the physical reaction and lose control.  The key is to train your brain into doing it unconsciously, without it being forced.  If it's any consolation to anyone who has been on the receiving end of an angry reaction, the person going through the anger usually feels upset, embarrassed and regretful as soon as the physical reaction they experienced has faded.

It's  appears that you have some kind of psychology training or have at least looked into it. Interesting reply.
You say that you used to get angry all of the time. Have you managed to do what you refer to and train yourself not to react that way now?

I'm a work in progress!  It's something that I will always have to work on.  I went to an 8 week anger management course 6 mths ago to take control of my anger!  It will take me a while to get there but I'm better than I was!
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »

I'm a work in progress!  It's something that I will always have to work on.  I went to an 8 week anger management course 6 mths ago to take control of my anger!  It will take me a while to get there but I'm better than I was!

Well you seem to understand what it s all about so I would say your well on your way to getting it under control. Good luck with it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: