blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix VII: €200,000 GTD: Day 3 and Final
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix VII: €200,000 GTD: Day 3 and Final  (Read 65225 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »

Congratulations Peejay, a well deserved winner.

Was truly a pleasure playing the event over the 3 days, had a lot of fun and also my biggest live cash too.

Thanks to Caroline too, excellent updates, despite forgetting my first name Smiley

See you all at the £200 next weekend.

Ben (Tom) Sweetman.

Sorry if the rail was a bit ott Ben! We were all cheering on the locals / mates and some of us had big financial incentives so apologies if we celebrated too hard when you lost the AT<KT hand and your bust out hand too.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »

Was truly a pleasure playing the event over the 3 days, had a lot of fun and also my biggest live cash too.

Thanks to Caroline too, excellent updates, despite forgetting my first name Smiley

Ben (Tom) Sweetman.

Sorry if the rail was a bit ott Ben! We were all cheering on the locals / mates and some of us had big financial incentives so apologies if we celebrated too hard when you lost the AT<KT hand and your bust out hand too.

WP Ben - see you in St Kitts.

Alex, the rail did get noisy and it was all in good spirits, but to have a bunch of people standing around calling in your opponent's cards from the start of Day 3 got pretty tiresome.

Ben didb't do any sort of dance or celebration when he binked the Q vs Peejay's AA and didn't deserve to have a bunch of drunks sitting behind him celebrating when it went the other way.

HU between two locals, especially when one of them was the noisiest man in the club was always going to be noisy. It also had a lot more of the feel of being good-natured banter.
Earlier didn't feel that way.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »

If it were me and I was playing in a foreign country vs a local, I'd totally expect to have my opponents cards cheered in and celebrate my opponents doubling up through me. I wouldn't mind at all, because it'd be the other way around in DTD for me.

We're not celebrating someone has bust, we celebrating our friend has doubled up or won a key pot.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »

If it were me and I was playing in a foreign country vs a local, I'd totally expect to have my opponents cards cheered in and celebrate my opponents doubling up through me. I wouldn't mind at all, because it'd be the other way around in DTD for me.

We're not celebrating someone has bust, we celebrating our friend has doubled up or won a key pot.

good points

celebrating the win is fine

the screaming for cards from the rail otoh..

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »

good points

It's a good job you have never had Celtic on your rail then as he calls in your opponents cards!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »

good points

It's a good job you have never had Celtic on your rail then as he calls in your opponents cards!!
Lol. He must feel a right pollock when they come in and have to see the pain on his mates face if he busts. Sooo funny for Vinny to do this tho Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
peskie

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

very well played PeeJay, cracking result, also vwp to Rasta on a deserved runner up, great atmosphere at the club and a great final.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:17 PM »

VWD to Peeej (and Alex!). Seemed to play very, very good for the whole of the final, and, for a young guy, his temperament is rock solid.
No surprise to see George knocking on the door again - just needs a bit of luck at the right time, and always like to see The Fish have a good result.

Real feel-good atmosphere @ DTD last night. Everyone pretty made up for the boys.

Enjoyed the Cougar updates, as always, although she did seem to be hanging around DTD for a while after she had finished -I'm sure it couldn't be related to a group of young boys getting on the beer...

Don't be bitter....

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

just read all i missed last nite great updates and well done to the winner a very nice payday
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »

Ben (Tom) Sweetman.

Hi Alex.

I had absolutely no problem with the cheering on Sunday mate, totally understand you getting behind your mate and "horse", so there's no hard feelings harboured here.

To be honest I'd rather the final table of a poker tournament had banter from the rail than conclude in silence with no real buzz.

Also, I'm pretty sure that all of the players and DTD regs I saw on Peejay's rail would have remained as classy as Peejay was in the KT>AT hand and as I was in the QQ<AA hand if they were "at the table".  Thats the important thing to me, I really abhor over-celebrating and berating other's play by players at the table.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »

Ben (Tom) Sweetman.

Hi Alex.

I had absolutely no problem with the cheering on Sunday mate, totally understand you getting behind your mate and "horse", so there's no hard feelings harboured here.

To be honest I'd rather the final table of a poker tournament had banter from the rail than conclude in silence with no real buzz.

Also, I'm pretty sure that all of the players and DTD regs I saw on Peejay's rail would have remained as classy as Peejay was in the KT>AT hand and as I was in the QQ<AA hand if they were "at the table".  Thats the important thing to me, I really abhor over-celebrating and berating other's play by players at the table.

Ben is it true you're investing your winnings in a new charity designed to get the new drug Cake off the streets?

Admirable stuff.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

MP David Amess................. MP

I Lol'd

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: