blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Is this terrible? (3)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this terrible? (3)  (Read 816 times)
Kilgore_Trout

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »

And saving the worst for last....

After hand (2) I was down to around 5,000 chips. I got moved to new table and after a whille shoved with 32 from the SB after a raise and two callers. I got one caller and got lucky hitting the 3.

A little later and I'm back up to around 22,000 but the table probably thinks I'm crazy/wild/hopeless (and this is possibly true).

Blinds are now 600, 1,200 with a 100 ante - so I'm on less than 20BBs.

Yet again I'm in the BB (maybe I should just fold the BB each time without looking or say to myself "now dont do anything stupid" before looking at my cards). 

Anyways, UTG raises to 2,500. UTG+1 calls. MP calls. BTN calls. SB folds. UTG and UTG+1 have similar stacks to mine. MP and BTN have around double that.

I have 83off. I am aware that this is a hopeless hand but there is so much dead money out there - 4 flat callers. If I shove I think only UTG should be able to call the all in. As he has a simiilar stack to mine its for his tournament and he has all those players to act behind.

Plus if just UTG calls and the others fold and he has two overs then its only like 70-30 and with all that dead money it still might even be the right odds for me anyway even without the oodles of fold equity I can almost feel coming out of my ears.

One negative things is the 23 hand and my table image making it possibly more likely that I'll get called, but i figure in these tournements you have to gamble to get chips and make moves at some points.

So i decide its squeeze o'clock and go all in.

How bad is this?

discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »

in a word.... very.

you picked a terrible hand and you are trying to get multiple players in a low buyin event whereby they will not be very suggestible to the idea of folding, especially given your stated image.

if i had to give you any advice in general i would say be more patient and pick your hands/spots more carefully, you seem to get yourself into high variance spots unnecessarily whether the loic is flawed or not it is still going to lead you into a world of stress and heartache relative to poker.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »

You sounds like you are trying to get people to fold in a £30 tourney, this will often not happen. go the other way and tighten up, i dont mind if its vs people who you know can fold but in a £30 tourney its hard to get people to fold even with a bit of logic. Also although its not about the cards sometimes when shoving good spots, i would lean towards having something worthwhile in low donkaments, generally i play quite a few from £20r, £35 mega stack, + quite a few higher

Play more solid and tighten up your range, dont try to outplay people who are playing for fun and dont have a fold button

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »

Really important to have a hand with at least decent equity/blockers against hands that can potentially call us. Given your image and the fact that these players will use any excuse to get their chips in as opposed to folding and the play is becomes quite bad in this spot yeah.
Kilgore_Trout

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:10:03 PM »

Yes, thanks all, i agree this one is bad. Sometimes the big blind squeeze looks like it just has to get through but, on relection, this definately wasn't the spot for it.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

Maybe you need a "Is this terrible? (4)" thread for the 23 move too.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: