blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  First time to Vegas..Advice from seasoned visitors
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First time to Vegas..Advice from seasoned visitors  (Read 1235 times)
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »

Ladies and Gents..I and the wife will be visiting Vegas next month..I have done a fair bit of research into going and am indebted to Marky147 who's tips on visiting the WSOP earlier in the year saved me a good amount of money.. We are staying at the Flamingo and we plan on playing mainly the the tournies at Aria and the Venetian, these I think give the best blind structure and chips rather than some of the crap shoots that take place at other Card rooms.. I would describe myself as a tourney player rather than a cash player though i intend to play a little cash, and of course a visit to Binions for a game and for a steak.. Basicaslly i'm looking to $150 buy in and wonder have i got it about right on the Aria and Venetian, Binions i'm not so worried about as i just want to say i've played there..
Any advice on better tourneys to play with better buy ins/blind structure..
Any advice on what not to miss whilst them from a poker players point of view..
Oh yes want to go shooting..any views on the best range..
Any other advice gratefully recieved..
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

Might be worth knowing what date next month, as towards the end of next Month, many of the schedules change, to coincide with the WSOP thing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »

Yeah, for that kinda buy-in Aria and Venetian are your best bets, also worth having a look at Caesars.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

These are the three rooms closest to you which will save you a cab ride, or a long walk to the Venetian everyday. That said I'd be going down for a look anyway as their renovation is done I believe and looked pretty swish.

Aria has a daily $125 at 1pm and 7pm which has $10k chips and a 30 minute clock.

Bellagio has a daily $120 at 2pm with 10k chips and a 25minute clock

Caesars has several comps through the day

9am $65 3k chips and a 15min clock

12pm $100 10k chips and a 20 min clock

2pm $225 15k chips and a 30 min clock

3pm $65 3k chips and a 15min clock

7pm $100 10k chips and a 20 min clock

10pm $80 7.5k chips and a 20 min clock

This is obviously not accounting for any  6hchanges that may be implemented due to what I'm guessing is the WSOP Circuit that Tikay was referring to.

Best of luck and only 9 months until summer Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »

Marky....

This is obviously not accounting for any changes that may be implemented due to what I'm guessing is the WSOP Circuit that Tikay was referring to.

I was (trying to) allude to the changes that take place to many of the schedules around "November Nine" (October now) time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »

V good steak at triple George grill next to mob bar ,come out of binions to freemont st turn left ,cross road walk to next left turning ,it's pedestrian only down there cross road , there u are good quality meal n price too
Visit mob museum downtown ,I'm told its good
O at the bellagio and or love at the mirage 2 of the best shows
For the mrs get the bus to premium outlets at the airport ,it's undercover so air conned , the one downtown is good but not undercover
Binions may be legendary but some of the customers now arnt
Most of all enjoy it m8
Be aware / careful down town
A brief blog from a recent visit can b found here

http://www.krackedkings.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74332
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »

Thanksfor that ...just one more question...cash/ credit card/ bank card or travellers cheque...
Cheers
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »

Thanksfor that ...just one more question...cash/ credit card/ bank card or travellers cheque...
Cheers

DONT USE CREDIT CARD OR BANK CARD w/e you do.

Depending on how much your planning to take with you cash is 100% the best option, if under $20k id take cash all day.

In fact it's pretty much the only option on smaller amounts as far as im concerned, everything else is either expensive or a massive ballache.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »

Cheers

DONT USE CREDIT CARD OR BANK CARD w/e you do.

Depending on how much your planning to take with you cash is 100% the best option, if under $20k id take cash all day.

In fact it's pretty much the only option on smaller amounts as far as im concerned, everything else is either expensive or a massive ballache.

These are pretty good if you want the convenience of a card without getting ripped off.

http://www.fairfx.com/

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: