blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £500,000 Deepstack Day 3 and FINAL
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £500,000 Deepstack Day 3 and FINAL  (Read 87788 times)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 07, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »

Action from the Final Table available here, under the heading Previous Streams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G7dH-4zsYQ&feature=player_embedded

blueace

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »

Have now reviewed the feed of the final table, and of course makes very interesting viewing, this being the first time I’ve been able to look back on plays in such detail. Thought it might be of interest for the winner to give some views on it. My victory speech if you will.

Going to lay comments out in headed format so:

Commentary
A difficult job no doubt, they are never going to be able to please all. Some comical statements at times, but in general I thought the dynamic worked, with both a dry and more cheery style apparent. I agree that those wanting some in depth analysis were perhaps missing out, but it’s probably the case that a lot of viewers were family and friends, and those that weren’t could form their own professional opinions on the more intricate elements of the game. I think referring to players in certain ways (so tight etc) as though that is their natural style ignores completely the fact that a final table with so much money up for grabs is going to change peoples strategy/style completely.
And of course I couldn’t understand how some spots I was in were so transparent to the commentators minds yet had me baffled at the time – O wait, they could see the cards!

Table Dynamics

Obviously don’t wish to come across the wrong way, but at no time did I feel uncomfortable or feel that any of the players had a better game than me. I played particularly cautiously against certain players raises (yes I would normally jam all in or 3 bet A10 suited in that spot! Not in my nature to fold tho)

In view of the situation we were in and the money involved I felt there was very little in the way of raising light, and of course there was hardly any three betting. Most of the three betting and real action took place on day two when the blinds allowed it. When your looking at a raise to .6m and your three bet commits half your stack its really not going to happen unless your holding the goods, (or you feel someone is raising light). This factor meant that in general a very cautious tight feel was apparent and at no time did I feel comfortable committing some chips to a raise unless I had something worthwhile. I am of course aware that had there been an aggressive professional on the table I would have had to adapt my style but all in all the optimum strategy was sit and wait.

Players

Well played to all. Seat one showed a good game and I think his strength was in his relative bravery in relation to age and situation. Although its fair to say on review he never got out of line or made any really tricky plays. Wp.
How I wish I was seat two coming on to the final table. For sure those chips would have been put to good use. I’m sure he will improve somewhat as he clearly has the gamble in him which of course you need, to make final tables. I will always remember the 55 hand and really wish I had it in me to make the call, wp.
Seat 3 was a bit of a mystery at times, although my overriding feeling was that he was relatively tight. Again perhaps he should have made more plays when holding the chips, but I got lucky when making the relatively easy call holding KJ v 55. Wp.
Seat 4, Never saw much from this seat, wp on making the final.
Seat 6 was the one player I had played before, unsurprisingly. Having a short stack for most of the time, I could tell the game he was forced to play, and I was ‘out of there’ to any 3 bet or all in from Mr Belton. Wp.
Seat 7, Probably falls into the category of seat 2 and 3 in that could have made more plays. Never put me in any spots nor did I ever feel uncomfortable against him. Wp reaching the bigger money.
Seat 8, Without wanting to sound amateurish this guy was a bit of a nemesis to me on day two, clearly hitting some nice cards when I made plays. However it did become clear that he was tight and was nitting up completely. Wp.

Hands

Hands that have been talked about since include the 74 flush hand. Those seeing the hand have commented that the 10m that I acquired in the hand missed some value. I beg to differ. Taking into account the tightness on the table, the fact that I bet each street and was flatted by two players, I’m putting both players on a single queen or pocket pair. If I check the river I’m convinced it comes back check, check, so 1.2m for value is a must bet to me by the river (2.5 would have been better). Having kept it cheapish over the two streets perhaps I missed the opportunity to investigate further as to their holdings (a bigger bet on the turn) but all in all when you have a massive hand in that spot, you want to extract maximum value, at the time I felt I was doing that.

Heads up play

Friends have commented that it was not me on the final table. Agreed. I played like a pussycat. Partly because of my state, but also I like to think I had adapted my play to the player. I could with hindsight have grinded him down with constant raises, but I felt I would at some point run my crappy hands into slightly bigger and lose a chunk. So I opted for at times playing a reverse strategy of playing strong hands weak and weaker hands strong. This paid off. I genuinely think he would not have shoved with an average ace but for the play up til then. And of course whatever I had played by that stage I felt very comfortable but still anxious that I would get the ultimate prize/kudos and holiday.

Overall

Have never played to 3 days in a tournament. And on the spin too! Coupled with strong medication and an impending operation I was pretty shafted towards the last 4 hours; the hand propping the big head up was a necessity! When it went heads up I was absolutely shattered, a completely different type of shattered to one I have felt before. A gamut of human emotion all mixed up and playing havoc with my relatively worn out and unfit body/mind! Only those that have been there can relate I guess.
Anyway, a final thanks to those that have come up to congratulate including the man himself Mr Yong. I very much look forward to mixing it up in that sort of spot again. Who knows I may even make a re-appearance on the 1-2 cash games!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 18, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »

tl;dr. giq, wp, mbn etc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: September 18, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »

tl;dr. giq, wp, mbn etc

this

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »

Help me out here with some cliffnotes of who you are and what tourn please? Very well done by the sounds of it!
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 18, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »

Help me out here with some cliffnotes of who you are and what tourn please? Very well done by the sounds of it!

Hi, did try and post this in the DTD 500gtd live updates thread but its locked. Recent winner of said torn, name sean.r ty,.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: