blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65227 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

pics of babyrasta fish please!

Just me
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »

thumbs up

Thanks brother I am typing myself now so my diction isn't as great as yours and alex's but I'm trying.

Looks fine to me.

Just as you have a final table jacket now, when you were chasing girls, did you used to have a special outfit for when you wanted an evening to end in a successful way?
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2012, 04:49:53 PM »

Wicked story, really enjoyed reading that.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »

Great story and your daughter shares the same birthday as my late mum.

It's hard to believe you have a daughter not far off 40. How do you keep so young looking and youthful?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »

Great story and I don't know why you were worried about writing yourself, you write very well.

Was good fun playing with you in Sheffield last week, the first time I've had the pleasure. The table had been great fun all afternoon and even moreso when you joined, shame that they broke it so early.....

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »

pics of babyrasta fish please!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/sporttopstories/9794369.Ex_Dagger_Tomlin_joins_Southend/?ref=rss Believe this is son of Fish, correct me if wrong. Presently on fire for Southend.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »

Christmas time is fast approaching so I thought I’d tell you about my fondest Christmas memory.  Christmas 1964, I was 8 years old and the Beach Boys song  “Christmas day” was playing on the radio reminding us “that Christmas was almost here and it only comes once a year”  I was hyped I couldn’t sleep on Christmas eve, I stayed up waiting to catch a glimpse of Santa.  My parents would tell me every year that if I was good Santa would bring me a big present on Christmas day and this year I had been extra good, I had done all my chores, I’d eaten all my greens and not spoken back to my parents whatsoever, I deserved what every 8 year old wanted for Christmas “A bike”

A few kids on my street already had a bike and I could only dream of getting one myself, I would ask my Father on a daily basis on the lead up to Christmas whether Santa would get me a bike this year, his reply was always *Deep Jamaican accent* “If you’ve been good Santa Clause will know” .. This didn’t answer my question at all, so I’d wait 10 minutes and then ask again, again I’d get the same reply.  

Fighting the urge to sleep when you’re 8 years old was always going to be a losing battle, I awoke on Christmas day and could hear the clitter clatter of pots and pans in the kitchen, my mother was preparing our Christmas dinner, I leapt out of bed and sprinted down the stairs, with every step just avoiding coming tumbling down, I pushed open the living room door and there it was, by Christmas tree it stood a shiny new bike!! I couldn’t believe it! Was I somehow still dreaming and would wake up soon only to find that Santa had found out about the broken dish that I tried my best to hide in the kitchen bin in April. I blinked and then blinked again I was awake and this was real.

My brain didn’t work like a normal 8 year olds, I was soo happy but all I could think about was; how did Santa get something this big down the chimney and how was the bike so clean, if it came down the chimney with Santa and did Santa clause have a go on it before he gave it to me… I turned to my father who was sitting next to the fire with a big smile on his face “Dad did Santa come down the Chimney or threw the front door? Why is the bike so clean? Did he clean it or did you? Did you see him dad? did you see him?” With a big smile my father replied merry Christmas son and pulled me forward and gave me a huge Christmas hug.  I ran into the kitchen to tell my Mum she stood there in her apron listening to me jumping up and down telling her Santa knew I had been good this year and had brought me a bike I was talking at the speed of Rastafish and maybe the volume too.  I ran upstairs to wake my brother and sisters to tell them.

I rode the bike up and down my garden until my Mum called me in for Christmas dinner, we all sat around the table and talked, joked and laughed, Christmas was the only time of year my parents let us talk at the table, let us eat a little extra, drink a little extra, at the dinner table my father laughed louder, he’d tell us stories about his childhood and would listen to each of our stories one by one, my mother would sit there with a smile on her face listening to our stories with a sense of pride on her face, only now that I have my own children do I understand why my parents were so happy and content around the table.  

Growing up I always have fond memories of that particular Christmas and the time we all spent around the dinner table laughing and eating and of course getting that shiny new bike, which meant my good deeds all year round and my behaviour had been rewarded.

Christmas is all about family to me, I’m now fortunate enough to be a granddad and at the dinner table I’m now the one telling the stories.  How things change.

I’d like to wish a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to all my friends out there....! On Christmas day please spare a thought to people less fortunate then ourselves and if you’re playing the £300 at DTD in Jan and I’m on your table “you’re all deadddd”!!!

Merry Christmas Much Love and Respect - Rastafish
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:32:17 PM by RastaColburn » Logged

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »

Merry Christmas Mr.Fish.

RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »

Merry Christmas Mr.Fish.

Thank you brother, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

I Kill Dem!!!
Azza

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »

Merry Christmas Fish!

And A Happy New Year Brother!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »

Merry Christmas Fish!

And A Happy New Year Brother!

And to you brother!

I Kill Dem!!!
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »

That's a great little story and so nice that you finished it off by thinking of others.

Merry Christmas Rasta and hope you have a prosperous New Year.

Ah! The element of surprise
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

Well here I am feeling all sorry for myself having buubled a GPS seat, being chip leader and running QQ into the second in chips KK. Then I read your posts and realise it's just cards and I got there for a fiver. I am in the same age group as you Rasta and much of what you write brings back good memories. Didn't have much but had a lot if you see what I mean. Loving the stories, keep em coming.

Merry Christmas and GL for 2013.

RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »

That's a great little story and so nice that you finished it off by thinking of others.

Merry Christmas Rasta and hope you have a prosperous New Year.

Thank you brother and to you.

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »

Well here I am feeling all sorry for myself having buubled a GPS seat, being chip leader and running QQ into the second in chips KK. Then I read your posts and realise it's just cards and I got there for a fiver. I am in the same age group as you Rasta and much of what you write brings back good memories. Didn't have much but had a lot if you see what I mean. Loving the stories, keep em coming.

Merry Christmas and GL for 2013.

Money comes and goes, family is there always! some of the happiest people I know have no money!

Thank you brother and to you! I'm going to post more about Poker and my 20's-30's after the new year, you'll be able to relate to a lot of what I write about.

Much Love Brother

I Kill Dem!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: