blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GPS Sheffield - SOLD OUT!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GPS Sheffield - SOLD OUT!  (Read 7790 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »

Tom, I don't know who you are and hence I only bought your action as a bit of a fun punt. However, I think you have handled the (completely justified) criticism from Keith very maturely and professionally. Accepting criticism/advice from someone who knows his stuff is not always easy for some people. Good for you for taking everything said on board, and with such good grace.

This. (apart from the bit about me knowing stuff)

On reflection, I was a bit hard on Tom here.

But the way he took the criticism impressed me greatly.

Will definitely invest again in the future.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »

Tom, I don't know who you are and hence I only bought your action as a bit of a fun punt. However, I think you have handled the (completely justified) criticism from Keith very maturely and professionally. Accepting criticism/advice from someone who knows his stuff is not always easy for some people. Good for you for taking everything said on board, and with such good grace.

I like Camel
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2012, 01:36:37 PM »

I like Camel's toes
fyp

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

Cheers for the kind words guys, especially after the mistake put you both out. Nice to see there are some good people about. Thanks for being decent about it. Smiley
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »

Tom, what you should do here is refund the people who had % in your second bullet & take the money of all those in the first bullet Wink

But in all fairness, was a bit guttering to see this & I don't think you thought it through. I did not budget for a second bullet myself, but if I had busted as early as you did, then it does leave you in an awkward situation. Obviously within yourself you did not expect to be busting that early & I know personally you can;t afford two bullets, so when an oppurtunity arises for a possible second bullet, you are not going to turn it down.

I think what you should perhaps done like Keith said is give it a bit more time. If you had given a bit more time & was sure original backers would want a piece, then I would have lended you the money to buy in.

I hope this does not put anyone off backing you as I think you are a good horse to be on. I think like me & Craig said over the dinner break, would be happy to stake again if anything arises.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: