blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Telescope
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Telescope  (Read 1004 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »

Does anyone have a telescope they can lend me?  Looking for one to use for stargazing, and just need it for a week in November.

If anyone in the Midlands (or is visiting DTD in the next few weeks) has one they're willing to let me use, I'd be very grateful and would of course take good care of it.

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

Pair of 10x50 binoculars are better than most budget/mid level scopes for a bit of star gazing mate. Can't see anyone lending you a peoper decent one plus it would take ages just to get to grips with and unless you know exactly what you are looking for you will struggle to pinpoint anything but the moon. Missus is into her astronomy and I am buying myself a pair of binos and a flash to sit in the garden alongside with a hot chocolate. Can get decent enough binos for like £20-£80. You want 10x50 or 8x50s as anything stronger will require a tripod as it will be so shakey you will struggle to see a thing. Sure someone will have some binos laying about that they could lend you if you don't have your own.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:31:02 PM »

Fancied fitting a camera to the telescope if possible, but was just asking on the off-chance someone had a telescope lying around that they don't use all that often and I could borrow.

I'm guessing the answer's no Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »

My nephew has a pretty decent one and all I've ever seen through it at night is my own eye lashes a couple of times. During the day you can see for miles through it tho.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »

My nephew has a pretty decent one and all I've ever seen through it at night is my own eye lashes a couple of times. During the day you can see for miles through it tho.

You naughty man Wink

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

You naughty man Wink
lol. Not in that way

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: