blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:02:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live tourny hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live tourny hand  (Read 1520 times)
tteeeeee

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

Live tourny

blinds 1600/800 ante 200 avg stack 38k, 6 handed, 16 left top 5 paid.

I have 21k in SB , cut off who is chipleader 95k opens to 3.6k, button folds and I look down at  and shove.  BB playing 40k folds.

My thinking is that i still have a big enough stack to stop marginal hands calling me off, even the big stack, so im only worried of AQ + or 88+, im shoving really to get a fold.

cut off goes into tank and eventually calls me off tabling  , and holds.   

Was this ok or bad play by me? advice pls Smiley

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

seems fine

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »

Depends how active cut off's been really.

If he opens a lot then your A6 is huge and should either be ahead or get a fold out of him.

If he's tighter then it's more likely to be behind but could potentially fold out some better hands if he sees you as reasonably tight as well.

I'm guessing if he's tanked then he's tight and this was marginal for him. If he was aggro then he should know you'll shove wider which makes A9 a snap.

Whatever the case it's never going to be a huge mistake.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:43 PM »

seems fine

Depends on rest of table. Would hate to bust if you have the two biggest nits alive direct left!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

I would not risk my tournament life with this Chip stack.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tteeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »

thanks guys thought it was a marginal decision either way. 

If it was 9 handed i wouldn't shove, because it was 6 handed the blinds were coming round fast and i felt i had to make a move on this type of hand. I dont think I can  call or re raise any pre flop action with the stack i had.

Next time in a tourny situation if im short stacked 6 handed etc is it generally best to wait to open shove to steel blinds instead of re raise shove?  I think 10BB is min so i dont like to even get that low, so i tend to act before i get to 10BB is this mentality a bit OTT should i be happy to chip away to say 5-6 BB's waiting for a better Opportunity?

LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »

Dont like the shove myself.  Seems a bit light with A6.  You have better spots.  get them in first.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

Depends how active cut off's been really.

If he opens a lot then your A6 is huge and should either be ahead or get a fold out of him.

If he's tighter then it's more likely to be behind but could potentially fold out some better hands if he sees you as reasonably tight as well.

I'm guessing if he's tanked then he's tight and this was marginal for him. If he was aggro then he should know you'll shove wider which makes A9 a snap.

Whatever the case it's never going to be a huge mistake.

This.

All things considered shove is fine unless CL is some kinda rock. However, the aspect of your play to look at is assigning AQ/88+ as villain's calling range because that plainly isn't so. It's fine to be results orientated here because you thought villain would only call with AQ+ and in fact he called with A9, so your interpretation of the situation was wrong. The big CL is being asked to call off another 18k with 10k dead money already out there. If he loses this free spin to ko a player he will still have double average. Short-handed with just top 5 being paid no way you would be raise folding hands like AJ and 77 outta the big stack, specially when your balls feel big. In fact A9 is a slow roll cos he should already know he is snapping you before he opens.

If we jam because we think AQ/88+ is his calling range we should be jamming very wide in this spot and I don't think we are. So aside from the obv good FE part of the motivation to jam is he can call with a worse hand sometimes. To jam thinking we are only ever dominated when called is obv wrong, but it's the right play whatever way you get there.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
discomonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »

totally fine
LFmagic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

you did good

lfmagic.blogspot.co.uk