blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 484739 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: February 05, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »

Didn't realise that was the case Bazza.  I just assumed that all the 'exhibition' games carried no points for the proper players in the league.  How on earth is that fair and proper? 
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: February 05, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »

It’s not. Aside from the fact that the players have differing levels of ability it also gives the potential for a carve up if one of the “contenders” is playing their mate who is desperate for points.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: February 05, 2019, 09:11:40 PM »

Have to say Barry has finally lost the plot plenty of decent players out there who could replace Anderson for the whole premier league abosulte farce
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: February 05, 2019, 09:13:16 PM »

My view is he is struggling to sell tickets esp in the foreign events and he has used this as a way to try and fill the arenas up.  The three obvious replacements were Jackpot, Whitlock and Chizzy.  All three are fully exposed and nothing for the crowd to get excited about which they haven't seen before. 
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »

Suljovic most 180s on the first night

28/1

Mmm
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: February 07, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »

Bit of barney 9/1 match treble
Shouldn’t need to be that good to beat 90 average wade who isn’t a big 180 hitter
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: February 08, 2019, 06:26:21 AM »

When i first heard this announcement I was gobsmacked... Then the more i thought about it the more I thought, hmmm.... whats the alternative? Gary out and Whitlock in??? That's pretty ZZZZZZZZZ really, if not Whitlock then who? Durrant would be a wild wild card pick and sort of makes sense but that sort of sets the wrong precedent for the tournament really as Durrant ranked #200 and never played an event as a tour card holder. If you look down the top 16 no one else stands out, you'd have to give Diamond the nod over Chizzy, White, Webster or Clayton, would have to be Adrian Lewis if anyone, but doesn't really deserve it.

So, this actually makes a bit of sense, I think ticket sales are always gonna be fine regardless, euro tours are attracting 4000 fans a day on Sat/Sun, so sticking in guys with local attraction or exciting youngsters for a 1 off day is pretty good idea overall. Dobey got a massive reception last night, Hopp will send the roof off in Berlin, 14000 fans there, Durrant and Dimi both come with a lot of hype, the problem is the points make for an unfair advantage for some, big Hendo averaged 93 on stage last year and Dimi averaged 100, Durrant probs a top 10 player on merit and Lennon is outside the world 32.

But having said that, if the games aren't for points then it would lead the official PL player not to really give a fuck so would potentially make a mockery of the thing, so a really tough spot for Hearn and co. I think behind bringing a new player in which is obviously the most natural decision I think this is probs the best call, given no natural player to pick I'd say they might have got it right.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: February 08, 2019, 11:28:51 AM »

If they all perform like Dobey did last night then it will have been a master stroke. You are right about adding Whitlock, there would be nothing interesting about seeing him finish in the bottom 3. I personally think they should have taken a punt on Durrant but whilst the chosen solution isn’t fair for the rest of the players it has created interest  and discussion which I guess was part of the plan.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: February 08, 2019, 03:49:58 PM »

Dobey probably learnt more from them 12 legs then he has from any other game.
Amazing opportunity to get exposed to that pressure. Up to him to learn from it.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: February 09, 2019, 05:24:14 AM »

its a good line up, Dimi, Humphries, Aspinall, de Zwaan, Dobey a group of youngsters that have all brought it properly on the big stage in very recent times, 100+ tv averages. The german leg is the biggest of the tour and desperate for Max Hopp he's hit and miss but my god if he shows up in Berlin the roof will go off. Everyone wants to see Durrant on the big stage.

These aren't randoms these are top players on the rise. As for Hendo and Lennon, they defo short of the grade but will get a big local reception, probably needed another Scot in there.

The format has been a little stale over the past years, the premier league has suffered a bit from a drama standpoint as the established guys tend to dominate and new blood gets dispatched very easily as it comes through, threatens to get a bit samey and Barry obvs seen this as a chance to shake things up. The more i ponder it the more brilliant i think it is.

Hopefully 2019 sees some of the exciting talent in the PDC finally deliver big stage results and force the premier league into a big reshuffle, otherwise darts' biggest exhibition might genuinely start to decline.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: February 09, 2019, 09:45:00 AM »

https://twitter.com/livedarts/status/1094169078594449408

interesting little interview with Conan Whitehead

Touches on q school, bdo and different attitude to pdc this time around
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:48:11 AM by horseplayer » Logged
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: February 09, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »

I haven't watched the PL group stages for a good few years now. Got really bored of it and it goes on far too long for me.

Not sure if it was because Dobey is a local lad but i enjoyed watching it the other day as it was a bit different.

I think after the worlds it's a great chance to see how Humpries and The Asp do on the big stage again. And along with Durrant I'll definitely watch those games to see how they get on.

I'd never tune in to watch Simon Whitlock.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: February 09, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »

its a good line up, Dimi, Humphries, Aspinall, de Zwaan, Dobey a group of youngsters that have all brought it properly on the big stage in very recent times, 100+ tv averages. The german leg is the biggest of the tour and desperate for Max Hopp he's hit and miss but my god if he shows up in Berlin the roof will go off. Everyone wants to see Durrant on the big stage.

These aren't randoms these are top players on the rise. As for Hendo and Lennon, they defo short of the grade but will get a big local reception, probably needed another Scot in there.

The format has been a little stale over the past years, the premier league has suffered a bit from a drama standpoint as the established guys tend to dominate and new blood gets dispatched very easily as it comes through, threatens to get a bit samey and Barry obvs seen this as a chance to shake things up. The more i ponder it the more brilliant i think it is.

Hopefully 2019 sees some of the exciting talent in the PDC finally deliver big stage results and force the premier league into a big reshuffle, otherwise darts' biggest exhibition might genuinely start to decline.

Barry rarely gets it wrong to be fair.

It feels like it really should be a big year for the likes of VDB, JDZ, Dobey. They have stacks of ability but only shown it in flashes so far. Dobey backing up his worlds form the other night was a positive sign and his action is virtually flawless.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: February 09, 2019, 01:04:37 PM »

I love the idea i just think its unfair from a competition stand point that these games count.  Gurney is a huge price at 5/1 to finish bottom.  Everyone knows my view on how over rated he is/falsely ranked (the flip side of how badly Smith has been ranked for the last 2 years).  He lost a potential 'relegation 6 pointer' on opening night to price.  Gurney has got a much tougher wildcard game than Price and Barney didn't play that badly in defeat in his first game.  5/1 is close to a max bet for me.

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/premier-league/premier-league-darts/to-finish-bottom
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:19:26 PM by arbboy » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: February 10, 2019, 05:24:22 PM »

great stuff in general today (4 nine darters)

Glenn into final versus Chizzy

lovely
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: