blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  55 6max H/L Crazy turn card
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 55 6max H/L Crazy turn card  (Read 832 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »

http://weaktight.com/5248988

Guys been loose passive so far, 28/5 pre, when i came to the table he had double the 3k starting. No clue what to do

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

very easy fold imo.

No merit even to betting the turn imo as a lot of A2 combo's will continue and our High and Low hands are extremely weak at this point, chk/fold the turn 100% best play

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »

very easy fold imo.

No merit even to betting the turn imo as a lot of A2 combo's will continue and our High and Low hands are extremely weak at this point, chk/fold the turn 100% best play

Do you know how pretty this looks. I ran a few calcs to make sure and your obviously right. This hand is the sexy ex girlfriend you meet on a night out. You know you shouldn't...

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »

Just looked at this. It's a really simple fold, as you obviously now know. The one thing to note is that to play High Low games well you have to get used to a powerhouse hand on the flop turning to complete dust on the turn. It happens more in High Low games than High Only games, and you have to learn to not even feel any regret about it.

However... tbh your hand is not quite as amazing as you think on this flop. You have no low draw at all and this means that you actually don't dominate anything sensible (and even plenty of non-sensible stuff) that your opponent may wish to continue with on the flop. Even a filthy hand like K247 has over 40% equity vs your hand. Now change the 7 to either an A or 6 and you are even a slight dog. Note that I am not saying you have a 'bad' hand on the flop... I am just saying that it is not the powerhouse that you perhaps think it is. Yes it looks sexy, but the absence of a low draw really makes a big difference to the equities.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:45:20 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »

Good lord. Fold quickly, next case. This could get really messy.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:45:13 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »

Just looked at this. It's a really simple fold, as you obviously now know. The one thing to note is that to play High Low games well you have to get used to a powerhouse hand on the flop turning to complete dust on the turn. It happens more in High Low games than High Only games, and you have to learn to not even feel any regret about it.

However... tbh your hand is not quite as amazing as you think on this flop. You have no low draw at all and this means that you actually don't dominate anything sensible (and even plenty of non-sensible stuff) that your opponent may wish to continue with on the flop. Even a filthy hand like K247 has over 40% equity vs your hand. Now change the 7 to either an A or 6 and you are even a slight dog. Note that I am not saying you have a 'bad' hand on the flop... I am just saying that it is not the powerhouse that you perhaps think it is. Yes it looks sexy, but the absence of a low draw really makes a big difference to the equities.

Yeah, I've run lots of equities, pretty fun when there are a hundred different combinations. Got them in a spreadsheet for future referral too.

RichyGriff
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »

pretty easy fold
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: