blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Hello
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1988 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2005, 02:53:06 PM »

I just thought i would introduce myself (thats what you are meant to do in forums ain't it). A bit of info about myself I have been playing for about 3 years but have started to take it reasonably seriously in the last 2 or 3 months. I am have just started attending Gala in Notts regularly (just about every night going at the mo) but had played irregularly all year and this seems quite a good place to post given its Notts bias Wink. Just to start off with a brag (all us poker players like to) i am M Long to the Notts people who check the finishers on the board weekly, so you will know im running good at the mo, 4 out of 6 final tables. It won't last but hey enjoy while it lasts.

Im just happy spotting the tv celebs at Gala lol, Peter Costa, Julian and Tikay in the last week or so. I hope to contribute as well as i can in future to all aspects on here and specifically the ongoings at Notts.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 03:15:09 PM »

Hi Longy, welcome, your a lucky man, Notts Gala is a wasps nest, so many great players, you couldnt pick a better place to learn your trade, and if you are getting results there you must be doing somthing right

Have you introduced yourself to the Notts celebs yet? You should, they are very approachable, (tikay is the old one with the "lived in" face, nice, but not pretty to look at

We love to hear how fellow blondites are doing so let us know. tell us how you won, or how you cocked it up.

Good luck

Tom

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 08:21:34 PM »

Hi Longy, welcome. Please say Hi next time we are at Notts. There are some top players there.

Chris Bruce, Greg Junior Hill, Slo-Mo, Lucky Jim (bookiebasher), Rob Yong, Nick Whiten, Barry Neville, Malcolm Muskett, Greek Jack, Kim Costa, and many more besides. There is another "name" there - William Hill man I believe - now what WAS his name? Been on the Radio. Just the once, mind. He got 99th (of 100) at Gutshot last week. Just cant bring his name to mind.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 09:27:04 PM »

Welcome to the site buddy.

I'm gonna be down the gala on Thursday and Friday.

Feel free to say hello.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:15:54 AM »

Hi Longy. I've noticed a few new regular players at Notts, but one in particular who keeps getting to the latter stages and i wonder if it's you. One friday recently did you get involved in a pot with a very short stack, Your AJ v A4 and the A4 won with a straight?
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 03:50:31 PM »

No i don't believe that was me (i think that was Ray) was it on the final table? Cos I was on the final table but not in the hand. Think i finished about 5th that night. Rings a bell that hand, i think it was big dave who took it down with the straight and went on to win.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:54 PM »

no, this was three tables out, the friday before the 100. if it was you or your mate, it wasn't taken particularly graciously. the guy I beat in the pot accused me of being a "rebuy bingo player" which, as I'd finalled the previous night with no buy in or top up, and narrowly missed out on doing the same that night was a little off the mark. I imagine my opponent in the hand had a rough night with out draws and assumed I thought A4 was a premium hand (not uncommon in that game)
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 05:28:53 PM »

No adam defo not me. Firstly i wasn't there that night, believe i was holiday that week. Secondly i am not a trash talker and don't think i have ever criticised anyone's play live in a non constructive way. Maybe the odd shake of the head, when someone has done something stupid. I like to be pleasent at the table and have a laugh after all it is a game to be enjoyed as well as to be competitive at.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 05:33:19 PM »

that's ok. if it did turn out to be you I was just going to be suggesting a fresh start.

"I like to be pleasent at the table and have a laugh after all it is a game to be enjoyed as well as to be competitive at."

you'll be lucky
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 06:04:18 PM »

Lol adam, just cos i like to be pleasent doesn't mean anyone gets any favours off me, far from it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 07:53:48 PM »

Love that, I just love that mindset, a man after my own heart.

".....a game to be competitive at, as well as enjoyed..."

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: