blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Another "Reclaim your money from your bank" call that isn't a PPI job
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another "Reclaim your money from your bank" call that isn't a PPI job  (Read 901 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

Am working from home today and have just received a call from a chap with a strong Indian accent, who introduced himself as calling on behalf of the UK Department of Finance and that as a direction of a High Court ruling, I was to receive some money back from my bank.

He knew my name and address. He asked whether I wanted my money back into my account or sent by cheque. As I asked him to explain why I was entitled to money back, he told me not to shout over him. "This call is for your benefit, sir!" The line was so bad you would think he was using a tin of beans on a string.

He then asked me to confirm my date of birth "for security purposes" but wasn't happy when I didn't answer that, as apparently that is essential information to find out whether I want my own money.

I said "if you are calling me to say you have money that is owed to me because it has been taken from my bank account, I'm happy for that to be put in my bank account". This seemed uncontroversial to me. Only to me, mind, as he hung up.

1471 on the number and a Google search led me here:

http://strangecallsforum.com/phone-number/02256800256

Some odd people about.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

I nearly fell for the 'working from home' scam 

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »

Scheduled work break obv

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: