blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 290919 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1740 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »

Good post Tommy, ty

Just getting back into the cycling here, (Skiing still on though). But will def be watching

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 26, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »

I'm looking forward to it as well mate.
Backing a few outsiders
Rowe 33/1
Stuyven 66/1
Deveyens 66/1
Drucker 80/1

My team to go to war
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: February 26, 2016, 01:44:38 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/one-day-classics/omloop-het-nieuwsblad/winner

Just having a browse, looks a quality field with plenty of inform riders, maybe a dozen or so with a shout.

It's possible Kristoff & Sagan may feel Sunday at Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne is a better race for them.

Ettix & Lotto-Soudal have the strongest teams with more options, BMC with GVA not far behind.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1743 on: February 26, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »

Backing a few outsiders
Rowe 33/1
Stuyven 66/1
Deveyens 66/1
Drucker 80/1

My team to go to war

tempted by your man Benoot, but hoping for better than 14/1 available.

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 26, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »

Backing a few outsiders
Rowe 33/1
Stuyven 66/1
Deveyens 66/1
Drucker 80/1

My team to go to war

Hoping this is just a pipe opener for Benoot, he will be a superstar one day soon. Just hope the value doesn't disappear before he wins a big one!
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: February 26, 2016, 10:15:28 PM »

Backing a few outsiders
Rowe 33/1
Stuyven 66/1
Deveyens 66/1
Drucker 80/1

My team to go to war

Hoping this is just a pipe opener for Benoot, he will be a superstar one day soon. Just hope the value doesn't disappear before he wins a big one!

Seems Benoot & Debusschere are sharing leadership in this one, for me gotta go with 40/1 EW on Debus. Was excellent last year in Flanders, hoping he can make another step up this year.

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 27, 2016, 06:02:27 AM »

Backing a few outsiders
Rowe 33/1
Stuyven 66/1
Deveyens 66/1
Drucker 80/1

My team to go to war

Seems Benoot & Debusschere are sharing leadership in this one, for me gotta go with 40/1 EW on Debus. Was excellent last year in Flanders, hoping he can make another step up this year.

I think Lotto Soudal are a brilliantly run team so I'm always pleased to see their guys go well.
Roelandts must have a chance as well, possibly too many cooks spoiling the broth so speak ala Etixx last year.
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1747 on: February 27, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

TIESJ locals out in force for the home lad

TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 27, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »

TIESJ locals out in force for the home lad

Cycling needs a new Belgian superstar to worship, Boonen and Gilbert are on the wain.
The classics need a new generation of riders, Cancellara is closing in on retirement as well so next year could look very different.
When Kristoff and Sagan are fans for Flanders then you know we are missing a few hard men in the peloton.
Looking towards Vanmarcke and Stybar to step up before Benoot dominates for 5 years.
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 28, 2016, 04:53:00 AM »

Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne 200.7kms

The first classic type sprinter's one day race of the season.
11 short sharp climbs but the last comes 53km from the finish so it's usually the fast men who fight out the finish.

2015 Mark Cavendish
2014 Tom Boonen
2013 no race
2012 Mark Cavendish
2011 Chris Sutton
2010 Bobbie Traksel(who?)

Weather

Cold, dry and windy. Temperature reaching 7 degrees and winds steady at about 20kms. Not particularly pleasant.

Main contenders

Alexander Kristoff

Loves his type of race and is practically unstoppable on his day. Best price 13/8

Ella Viviani

Seriously quick, can he retain his power after all the climbs? Lack of a decent lead out train tempers enthusiasm. 7/1

Peter Sagan

Worked very hard yesterday in a break for 50 odd kms before ultimately losing out to GVA. Interesting to see how he will go today. 12/1

Nacer Bouhanni

Our hope for Milan - San Remo gets an audition for the part. Seriously fast, improving on the climbs, wholly unpredictable and a bit of a bellend. What's not to like? 14/1

Caleb Ewan

The joker in the pack, annihilated lesser opposition in the Tour Down Under, young, untested on cobbles and lots to prove. A fascinating contender and the man I'll be watching all day. 16/1

Other contenders

Boonen, Nizzolo, Demare, Bennett, GVA and of course many others. In a normal run race these guys wouldn't be good enough but as wel know cycling can throw up all sorts of permutations.

Recommendation

I can't resist Bouhanni after suggesting him for a similar race next month and a bet on Ewan which could go horribly wrong but seems very fun is advised. If he is there at the end he could be hard to beat. A decent chance he won't be there however so I think win only is the way to go for him.

Probably a race to sit back and enjoy but after spending half an hour on the write up I can't possibly go without a bet or two.

Nacer Bouhanni 1pt ew 14/1 PP
Caleb Ewan 1pt win 16/1 PP

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/cycling/one-day-classics/kuurne-bruxelles-kuurne/winner
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:07:31 AM by TommyPlus » Logged
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 28, 2016, 09:34:16 AM »

gl Tommy. I had a bit of look around for an alternative angle as Kristoff was a bit short for my liking. In one article I read they raised the possibility of Sagan working for Bennati. I doubt he'd be leading him out but he could place some decoy attacks in the last few K's and disrupt other teams, whilst gaining some domestique brownie points with Bennati for later on in the season. It may be nothing and I'm not sure Bennati is good enough to beat this field, but he comes into the race in fair form (won stage 1 of Ruta Del Sol) and at 200/1 he'll be my first banzai of the season e/w
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 28, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »

gl Tommy. I had a bit of look around for an alternative angle as Kristoff was a bit short for my liking. In one article I read they raised the possibility of Sagan working for Bennati. I doubt he'd be leading him out but he could place some decoy attacks in the last few K's and disrupt other teams, whilst gaining some domestique brownie points with Bennati for later on in the season. It may be nothing and I'm not sure Bennati is good enough to beat this field, but he comes into the race in fair form (won stage 1 of Ruta Del Sol) and at 200/1 he'll be my first banzai of the season e/w

Good enough for me pal. I'll follow you in for a few pennies, also backed Hutarovich at an insulting 300/1. A decent one day rider with some reasonable results including a second in this race in 2012.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 28, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »

Good enough for me pal. I'll follow you in for a few pennies, also backed Hutarovich at an insulting 300/1. A decent one day rider with some reasonable results including a second in this race in 2012.

I'll have some on Hutarovich also then. let's hope for a boilover!
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 28, 2016, 11:27:42 AM »

So much for my weather report. It's raining at the start.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 28, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »

So much for my weather report. It's raining at the start.

haha,the crazier the weather the more chance of a random result though
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: