blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272927 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 259164 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »

Edward, do you have shares in Boden?

Haha, no. Look at this cheeky little pair of shoes they're flogging top left of shot - strong!

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:16:39 AM by edgascoigne » Logged

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »

I see Ed makes mention of The Regency Cafe. So for all you film buffs here is a quiz question. The Regency was the venue for a particularly violent scene in a movie starring Daniel Craig. Shortly after his appearance in this film he clinched the Bond role. Over to you. P.s I am still at work and quickly need to get my work face on.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »

I see Ed makes mention of The Regency Cafe. So for all you film buffs here is a quiz question. The Regency was the venue for a particularly violent scene in a movie starring Daniel Craig. Shortly after his appearance in this film he clinched the Bond role. Over to you. P.s I am still at work and quickly need to get my work face on.

And for the bonus point, "During said scene, what music is playing in the cafe?"

Allez!!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 11:31:10 AM »

I remember when I was young, my parents and I went to Paris. My mum had a French phrasebook and spent >an hour getting ready to order in French. We got to a lovely restaurant, the waiter came across and mum started to reel off her new found language. The waiter didn't listen to a word, halfway through interrupted saying "madame, we do speak English. You don't need to embarrass yourself".

We walked out <5 seconds later
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »

Layer Cake
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »

And for the bonus point, "During said scene, what music is playing in the cafe?"

Layer Cake, sure it's Duran Duran but can't remember the song title

Ah! The element of surprise
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »

loved layer cake........... was it ordinary world?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »

loved layer cake........... was it ordinary world?

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. Strong work.

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »

Layer cake......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2013, 12:22:05 PM »

Loving this thread boys and quite excited for the fab3, although more excited for us, the blonde reading public.

Enjoying the French education Ed also seeing as I had never set foot on French soil until last June and that was only with Matt & Stu to drive from Calais into Belgium Smiley

I hope it really is most excellent for you all. Try getting Alex drunk one night, let his hair down x

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

Loving this thread boys and quite excited for the fab3, although more excited for us, the blonde reading public.

Enjoying the French education Ed also seeing as I had never set foot on French soil until last June and that was only with Matt & Stu to drive from Calais into Belgium SmileyI hope it really is most excellent for you all. Try getting Alex drunk one night, let his hair down x

How did that go, Maria, did you cash?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »

Not like Alex would do anything daft when he's drunk, surely?

Oh wait...the tattoo...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »

I once managed to have a row with a very pleasant lady in a Paris hotel (this is what counts for flirting in Tal terms) over whether I should be saying partir or sortir.

With hindsight, she was both French and right. From my perspective, however, that doesn't happen simultaneously that often and was a very easy mistake to make.

Parisians just grunt and gesture. I found opening in French anywhere else in France gets a welcome reaction and people don't mind switching to English shortly afterwards if needs be. In Paris, they're somehow insulted that you could have deigned to befoul their beautiful language with your back-of-mouth stiff-upper-lippery.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »

attention, poker en France

bonne chance

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »

I once managed to have a row with a very pleasant lady in a Paris hotel (this is what counts for flirting in Tal terms) over whether I should be saying partir or sortir.

With hindsight, she was both French and right. From my perspective, however, that doesn't happen simultaneously that often and was a very easy mistake to make.

Parisians just grunt and gesture. I found opening in French anywhere else in France gets a welcome reaction and people don't mind switching to English shortly afterwards if needs be. In Paris, they're somehow insulted that you could have deigned to befoul their beautiful language with your back-of-mouth stiff-upper-lippery.

Sadly, most of my French visits have been to

Paris
Nice
French Ski Resorts

and you simply couldnt find more Paris-ite types (intended) if you tried!  I guess you could argue London can be about as friendly - I just dont get it!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: