blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD £100,000 GTD Grand Prix: 10-17th March
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £100,000 GTD Grand Prix: 10-17th March  (Read 57357 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »

if you win golden chip what's the deal? do you just have to final or win it?

from dtd web site :
If a Golden Chip holder reaches the final table of the Grand Prix VIII on Sunday 17th March they will win a £6,000 *Caribbean Package on top of their winnings.

thanks, i couldnt see anything and lost patience
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »

yeahmans got himself some golden chips Wink but at a price  Sad , im thinking a golden chip is worth more than £60 more like £80 i figure with what you could win. each of mine have cost me around that price so im not too concerned.
i know ive rivered a few people on the £2 sats but damm i was rivered twice last night on the final table and they had 5-8% chance of hitting and they did. i should have 6 chips with my luck though i do not.

i think online will be totally nuts especially because i know players have 3+chips so they will be throwing there chips in late on with very little, i prob will do the same if the game goes that way.
i think the golden chip should be on display on day2, it was the rulle at the start and part of the pressure Smiley role day1 yeahman!!

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24:49 AM »

yeahmans got himself some golden chips Wink but at a price  Sad , im thinking a golden chip is worth more than £60 more like £80 i figure with what you could win. each of mine have cost me around that price so im not too concerned.
i know ive rivered a few people on the £2 sats but damm i was rivered twice last night on the final table and they had 5-8% chance of hitting and they did. i should have 6 chips with my luck though i do not.

i think online will be totally nuts especially because i know players have 3+chips so they will be throwing there chips in late on with very little, i prob will do the same if the game goes that way.
i think the golden chip should be on display on day2, it was the rulle at the start and part of the pressure Smiley role day1 yeahman!!

I might just have to have another go at joining the sat game on 24 mins and adding on with my gung go approach to get a chip then if it looks like some "booooooom" could be needed

Gl
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:54:55 AM by smurf » Logged
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

So I assume you do not need to attend day 2 if your stack is small and the winnings will just be paid into your online account?

Cheers
Hi Wilfie

Depending on how small your stack is you have the choice to re-enter and forfeit a smaller stack. If you did want to carry you small stack forward and not attend then yes you will just be blinded away and your min cash would be paid into your account.

The new re-entry rules for this Grand Prix are:-

RE-ENTRY
- Re-Entry is available into all future Day 1’s
- If you qualify on any Day 1 but feel your chip stack is too short, you can choose to forfeit your stackand re-enter into a future Day 1
PLEASE NOTE: If qualify in a Day 1 but then you choose to re-enter into another Day 1, this action will forfeit you previous Day 1's

DAY 1's:
- Players will play down to 10% of the field on all Day 1's - this will take at least 15 levels
- Players will take their Day 1 Chip Stack through to Day 2
- All players will be in the money who make Sunday Day 2, the min cash 3 x (3 x £50 = £150)

DAY 2:
- We start at Level 16 of the WSOP main event structure 2500-5000
- Since we play down to 10% on Day 1 and start with 20,000 chips, the average stack will for Day 2 will of course be 200,000 chips
- Some players will have higher than 200k and some lower, but this means a decent average of 40 BB going into Day 2, plenty of play

Any questions fire away Smiley

Cheers Nicola

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:07 AM »

Nicola

Just to clarify

You play the first day 1 and end up with 100k

You decide to have another go on another day 1

Is your 100k forfeited no matter what so if your second day 1 leaves you with 50k you are then on 50k and if you bust out on your second day 1 (as your first 100k has been forfeited) you are out of day 2 completely?

This is how I read it
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:50:25 PM by smurf » Logged
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »

ty nicola Smiley good idea with being able to forfeit , smurf!! yeahman you will lose your first day1 if you choose to try again so pressures on, no matter what my stack though im playing day2 if i make it cos straight into the money then chip n a chair Wink

ive stopped playing the satelites now, i went out last night to two river at 6% back to back final tables, anymore spent on this and its not worth it. have you got golden chips yet smurf?

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »

ty nicola Smiley good idea with being able to forfeit , smurf!! yeahman you will lose your first day1 if you choose to try again so pressures on, no matter what my stack though im playing day2 if i make it cos straight into the money then chip n a chair Wink

ive stopped playing the satelites now, i went out last night to two river at 6% back to back final tables, anymore spent on this and its not worth it. have you got golden chips yet smurf?

Not yet - I have only played a few times this week as they just become shove fests but I did have a bit of luck on another site and have withdrew the money so I might just buyin direct if my next 2 or 3 attempts fail

Gl
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »

I just spoke to support and they comfirmed that not only do you forfeit your stack for Day 2 upon entering another Day 1, but you also forfeit the min cash too.

So as it stands it will cost you £150 to forfeit the min cash + the extra £60 buy in.  Doesn't really encourage players to take extra shots to build a bigger stack.

Can someone from DTD confirm that my understanding is correct please?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:10:11 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »

I just spoke to support and they comfirmed that not only do you forfeit your stack for Day 2 upon entering another Day 1, but you also forfeit the min cash too.

So as it stands it will cost you £150 to forfeit the min cash + the extra £60 buy in.  Doesn't really encourage players to take extra shots to build a bigger stack.

Yes you are understanding this correctly Smiley

The reason Simon has decided to add this rule is for players who end the day on 10BB and wish they'd had the option to chuck in their stack and try again on another day 1. This is especially relevant for online day 1's playing to 10% as it is not as easy to keep track of the last hand of the day as you would with i.e. playing 16 levels.

If you have built up a stack that is worth playing on day 2 then you would be forfeiting the min cash and the stack so please think carefully before forfeiting a stack.

Cheers Nicola

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »

If you have thought about it carefully, you wouldn't forfeit a stack.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

Yes - we do NOT WANT TO encourage players TO take extra shots, I ONLY bought this rule in because players have been busting my balls over and over again about being left with 1BB and qualifying.

Its The Grand Prix, for the recreational £50 player, we have many comps for people that want to spend more money,

Cheers Rob

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »

understandable and fair
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »

understandable and fair

what else would you expect?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »

yeahman

booooooom...i'm in...chip n a dream

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »

Will you be listing the qualifiers, real names that is, and chip counts, from the online Day Ones each day as they happen?

Hi David

As with the Deepstack online Day 1, we will post the chip stacks that make it through without names.

Cheers Nicola Smiley

Hi Nicola

I'm puzzled by this. Can someone please explain why this is how it was on this month's DS and why it is to be this way again? For the record, the February DS online qualifiers were fully identified.

thanks

this

I dont get it either
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: